Chapter 267: Interlude 95/ Red Christmas
417 9 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a small alley between the street, a group of men is hitting a single boy.

-You damn thief!

The bearded man grabs the boy's head and slams it to the ground.

-Urghhh!

The boy doesn't fight back and curl up his body.

-I'm sorry... (The Boy)

-Do you think you can solve everything with one sorry?

They ignored the apology and continued to beat the boy. Until they tired of beating him, they went away and left him behind.

-... (The Boy)

The boy firstly raises his head to confirm no one is around.

-They are gone. (The Boy)

He tries to stand up from the current place. However, his first attempt ended in failure. He lost his balance the moment he raised his body up.

-My leg hurts. (The Boy)

He looks down at his body and finds it's full of bruises.

-It's okay. It will heal naturally. (The Boy)

He takes out some crumpled money from his pocket and stares at it.

-This will be enough for mother's medicine. (The Boy)

Those amounts of money were the dirty money he got from pick-pocketing. The boy has no choice. He has to do it so he can save his mother.

-I know it's a bad thing to do... (The Boy)

But no one would help him, even though he begged them to do it. He once again tries to stand up and walk out of the alley.

-I need to find a pharmacy! (The Boy)

When he walked out of the alley, he found the atmosphere outside differed from usual.

-It seems to be this time of the year again. (The Boy)

He could see many couples walk hand in hand on the streets.

-Ordinary people call this Christmas, right? (The Boy)

He stares at people enjoying this festival and thinks about himself.

-Why? (The Boy)

He puts his hand on his chest and feels something different from usual.

-I feel... (The Boy)

He shakes his head and tells himself.

-Let's get the medicine for mother. (The Boy)

The boy starts heading for the nearest pharmacy. However, He couldn't find any pharmacy open at this time.

-I couldn't see any pharmacy open. (The Boy)

The boy doesn't know most pharmacies would close sooner than usual on holiday.

-The only pharmacy left was the one on the main street. (The Boy)

He reluctantly heads to that pharmacy.

-That owner is famous for hating people like me. (The Boy)

He approaches that pharmacy. But the moment he tries to push the door to walk inside, a man with a moustache walkout. He stares at me with hateful eyes and pushes him out.

-Beggar can't come in!

The boy doesn't care about his statement. He takes his money out and shows it to the man.

-But I have money. (The Boy)

The man spits at the boy's face and uses his hand to sweep all the boy's money to the ground.

-I don't need dirty money that comes from a beggar like you. You probably get those amounts of money by stealing from others.

The heart of the boy beat like crazy when he heard that statement. Because he knew that statement was true.

-I want... (The Boy)

The man doesn't want to listen to the boy and hit his stomach.

-Get out!

-Urgh! (The Boy)

After the hit, the boy reluctantly stands up and moves to the place nearby the pharmacy.

-I... am so useless. (The Boy)

He crouches and holds his face.

-I can't even do a single thing right to save my mother. (The Boy)

Tears start to appear on the boy's face. He is crying for his uselessness. He fears that if he fails to get the medicine, he won't be able to see his mother again.

-Hale? (Septem)

The boy raises his head and finds a familiar girl standing there.

-Sister Septem? (Hale)

-What's wrong? (Septem)

Septem takes out another handkerchief and wipes his face.

-I'm sorry. I dirty your handkerchief again. (Hale)

-Don't worry about that, Hale! Could you tell me your story? (Septem)

The boy takes a deep breath. He has a feeling that the girl would have him if she listened to history. He didn't know why he felt like that.

-The thing is... (Hale)

The boy tells her about everything.

-I understand. From the symptom you have told me so far, I think your mom got a cold. Let me get you the necessary medicine. (Septem)

-Eh! (Hale)

The girl immediately heads to the pharmacy nearby. After a while, she comes out with a medicine bag in her hand. The girl moves right next to the boy and tells him kindly.

-Since you can't read, I would tell you what medicine your mother should drink and the appropriate amount. (Septem)

After listening to the girl, the boy tries to take out the money and gives it to her.

-I don't need it! (Septem)

-Why? (Hale)

The girl smiles and answers.

-There is no reason to help a person in need, right? (Septem)

-... (Hale)

-But Hale! (Septem)

-Yes? (Hale)

-You should never steal others' money again. (Septem)

Since he knew it was the wrong thing to do, he answered the girl with a smile.

-Yes! (Hale)

After that, the girl said goodbye to the boy since she was in hurried.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the way back home, the boy suddenly encounters a group of people. It's the group that hit him because of pocketing.

-Oh?

-What is in your hand?

-He dares to use the stolen money on something.

The boy tries to hide the bag behind him.

-It's not your money. (Hale)

-But it is also not your money!

-Give it here!

They walk closer to the boy with the intent of stealing the bag.

-Don't come over here! (Hale)

-Huh!

One man runs up to him and hit him on his face.

-Shut up!

-Urghhh! (Hale)

Other men immediately showed joy on their faces when they saw that. One appears from behind and tries to take his bag.

-Nooo... (Hale)

At that moment, the eyes of the boy suddenly glow red. His face no longer shows any emotion, as if it belongs to others.

-The...?

The group immediately notices something is wrong with the boy. However, it's too late now.

-What?

-Something is wrong!

The men turn their attention to the one that tried to take the bag.

-Ahhhh!

-What....!

The lower body of the man complete disappear. The upper part of him fell to the ground likes broken toys. Then, a gigantic mouth appears from the ground and swallows the other body part.

-Noooo!

-Run away!

The men turn their heads and try to run away from the boy as possible.

-Late. (???)

Many mouths appear at their back. Those men slowly disappear one by one. The only trace that proves that those men used to be here were those red puddles on the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farah's POV

-Haaaaa! (Farah)

I raise up my body and stare at the darkness.

-Noooo... (Farah)

Hana appears at my side and hugs me.

-Master, don't worry. I'm here. (Hana)

She pats on my back and reassures me.

-Don't worry, master. It's just a nightmare. (Hana)

I didn't remember what I had just dreamt. However, I feel like I could still feel the horror so vividly.

 

Thanks for reading OwO

20