Chapter 4
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4

"Master, the food is ready"

The voice woke me from sleep, apparently the food was ready, this is the first time I feel comfortable and soundly sleeping.

The smell of food wafted into the cave where I slept, it seemed like my undead was making roast meat. I did think they did have memories of their previous life but this still amazed me.

Because I am not someone who can hunt, let alone process the meat until it becomes ready-to-eat food.

It's understandable because I'm someone from modern civilization who only needs to boil water to make instant noodles that can be eaten in times of emergency.

A real survival ability without the use of modern equipment like a match, I myself can only light the fire with primitive ways.

And now everything is neatly done in front of me, just eat, it seems nice to have subordinates who are very useful like them.

"Okay I'll eat right away, all of you thanks for your hard work" (Karel)

"Thank you for the compliment, my lord"

I eat this well, I have been eating fish and fruit for a long time, the meat is tender and tastes quite good even though I don't know where the salty taste comes from.

(Whatever is important this is delicious)

"I wonder how you started the fire?"  (Karel)

"We use fire magic, my lord"

"So magic really does exist in this world huh, looks like it will be good life to me" (Karel)

"If master want, I can teach master how to use magic"

"Good, I really don't know anything about magic, in the world where I live there is no such thing as magic" (Karel)

"A world without magic, I find it hard to imagine"

"Since there is no magic there, technology develops rapidly instead" (Karel)

 "It seem interesting"

"Oh yeah, how do I see the status?"  (Karel)

"All you have to do is imagine it and say 'status'."

I followed what my subordinates said, imagining the status, what was imagined was the status in the game I had played in the past.

There was a clicking sound like on a computer, and in front of me appeared a hologram floating in the air, showing my status inside with a familiar template just as I imagined.

 Status:

 Name: Karel Afkav     Level: ∞       Race: Immortal Origin

 Stat:

Str:?  

Agi:?  

Vit:? 

Int:?  

Dex:?  

Luk:?

 Element Affinity: Dark, Holy, Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, Space

 Skills: Necromancy, Appraisal, Undead Resurrection,

          Oath of Loyalty, Mapping, Auto Combat

(What's with level ∞ and what's this skills like this)

I just laughed at the status of this behavior.

I tried to check the skills one by one by double clicking like in the game.

'Necromancy: The skill to resurrect corpses and turn them into Undead, it use mana to do this skill'

'Appraisal: check other people's status, no mana required'

'Undead Resurrection: Turning Undead into an Immortal race, the same as the Oath of Loyalty Skill, the difference is this skill for Undead, requires mana to turn under into Immortal'

'Oath of Loyalty: Changing the status of the race of people who swear allegiance to Immortal, Skill can only be active if both parties agree with this term of the skill, can only be target for living beings, requires mana to transform into Immortal'

'Mapping: Passive skill to use map / map accurately and in real time'

'Auto-Combat: A passive skill that automatically activates if the user's condition is threatened or deliberately activated by the user, the user's body will be taken over by the skill for fighting purposes'

What can I say if the skills I have are strong enough or I can say OP, but one thing is still stuck inside me, why is my race in the status of Immortal of Origin instead of humans?

Out of curiosity I ended up clicking on the race status.

'Immortal of Origin: A new race that drastically increased abilities with a special feature of immortality, an existence that defied the laws of nature, Immortal of Origin could increase followers and have complete control over the entire Immortal race'

I don't understand the explanation, but the point is I can resurrect corpses, and I can upgrade the corpses from Undead to Immortal.

That's cool enough for me.

I think i can't seem to think of them as undead anymore, but if they have initiative and thinking ability, I have to treat them as humans.

Regardless of their appearance, they are just skeletons.

"Umm what's your name? I don't know what I should call you" (Karel)

"My name is Violet, Violet. Dia Arnheim. My lord" (Violet)

"Violet huh ... Sounds like a girl's name" (Karel)

"I was a woman when I lived" (Violet)

"Oohhh it's like that, Violet I want to know what you are truly?" (Karel)

"Well I will explain, we are the corpses that Master raised with your strength and we are commonly referred to as Undead, even though we are undead, our intelligence and memory are still intact, different from the Undead in general" (Violet)

"So you rise up because of my strength, my necromancy skill" (Karel)

"Yes my lord, the source of our life comes from you, therefore your orders are absolute to us" (Violet)

After that I talked to Violet and it seems that my undead can get stronger if they become an Immortal race.

In the status, it is explained that the Immortal race has a hierarchy, the order is from the lowest rank 7 to the highest rank 1.

And what I thought it might be like a permanent buff.

(The most important conclusion is that even though I have strength like a necromancer but my body is still normal and functioning properly)

Right now all my subordinates are still undead race, after this maybe I will make them of the Immortal race, I need them to be stronger.

There's nothing bad about having a strong bodyguard, after all.

3