First Night and Arrival
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jackson glanced towards the newly started campfire he made and the tent he pitched up. Smiling, he looked at the new notification in his vision.

You have gained the skill, Survivalism! Level 1

I finally have the Liberty to be myself, I don't have to be restricted in what I can do now! Also camping is really fun!

Jackson pulled up the description for his new skill, the one he was able to get because he wanted to, no restrictions.

Through hard work and effort, you may just survive!

Increases speed when making camp and Increases knowledge of survival with each level!

That trash never let me learn as many skills as the other kids, He was probably afraid of me revolting, I hope he was afraid.

Jackson let out a sigh

"No need to dwell on bad thoughts! I'm free!"

Now that I have free liberty to do what I like, I should build up my stats. I kinda want to just take a nap though, I'm tired...

After mulling about which was better, working on his future and better eventual satisfaction or immediate satisfaction, Jackson chose to do the one he didn't want to do right then

No, I need to be better to survive, that means hard work! 

Jackson got started on the few excersise's he'd heard of, his knowledge was relatively low on the subject.

___

"*huff* why *huff* is this so painful!?"

After a bit of silence 

"Not even one point!"

Statistics:
Strength: 8
Endurance: 14
Vitality: 16
Dexterity: 10
Mana Power: 4
Mana Control: 4
Mana Capacity: 4
Mana Regeneration: 4

"Still that same old taunting eight... Guess it'll take more than that. I'll do a bit more then get some sleep..."

After what felt like hours of torturous endless pain Jack stopped after what was only 30 minutes. He gave up and turned to the immediate satisfaction, it felt so worth it.

___

After getting up and out from his tent, streching his sore body he pacjed up and headed out towards Licentia.

Walking has leveled up!

"It's been a while since that got a level... Huh?"

Just on the horizon Jackson saw what would be his new home, and with his unlimited childlike wisdom he said this.

"That took forever."

___

Now at the gate all Jackson had to do was wait in line, pay the entrance fee, then hopefully find a good inn.

If I'm going to be an adventurer, and eventually a hero, I'll need to be strong. What should I do from from here on? Well I've got a sword so i'll do something with that but, l also have Mana manipulation but was never allowed to level it because...

 Nevermind, focus on the task at hand. Swordsmanship and mana manipulation are the only skills for fighting that I can feasibly use, even if I don't have swordsmanship... yet. 

Note: look out for a place to train in the city. The only spells I was allowed to learn were the most minor healing spells and livelihood things like purify, so for now I should work on both healing and swordsmanship while learning some attack magic.

"Next!" 

Twelve more people to go and a caravan, might as well take my time thinking

"*sigh* a LOT of time thinking"

___

By the time Jack got to the front of the line he was able to come to a conclusion

I think I should try my luck with fire magic, it's kind of situational but what's the worst that could happen? I think I should go for it first because the other basic elements are useful but not exactly what I want right now. 

Water, versatile and is well, water, which advances into ice, mist, etc. and you can generate blood with it for healing if you're skilled enough in water, earth, AND healing magic. Earth, powerful and able to protect, also advances into life once combined with water, it's probably what I would go for if fire wasn't a favorite. Wind, quick and versatile can let you fly, snuff out a fire (water can as well, obviously) or generate air you can breathe. 

With high enough pressure both water and air can be deadly like earth and fire, earth is probably the better option, buuuuuuut fire, what more could a kid want? I see fire, I like.

"Next"

Jackson started to approach the guards and before he could even say hello the questions started, though he couldn't blame them, it probably got really boring out here.

"Returning resident?"

"No."

"Name?"

"Jackson."

"Reason for your stay?"

"I plan on staying here in this city as an adventurer, sir!"

The guard scoffed and shook his head.

"If I had a copper for every time I heard that story..."

He shook his head

"Nevermind that, one Large copper for your entrance fee, and come back to the guard's department at your earliest convenience to get yourself some documents sorted out. You'll also need a visitor's pass in the meantime, how long would you like it to last for? A week, two weeks, or a month?"

"A week please"

"That will cost 2 silvers, so in total with your entrance fee and sales tax that comes out to... 2 silvers and 60 coppers"

Reaching into his coin pouch Jackson pulled out the exact amount and once he handed it over recieved a green visitor's pass that said "Welcome to Licentia!" on it

The guard spoke up to Jackson and almost mimicking the Visitor's pass said

"Welcome to Licentia! And please, if you're going to be an adventurer exercise caution, and get older while you're at it."

Jacksons life was changing, and If he wanted it to be for the better, you can bet he is going to take his time.

A lesser coin is 10, a big is 25, and a large is 50.

1