The Witch’s Haven
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jackson had been Idly walking around, no specific direction, looking for an Inn to stay in before he thinks of looking for the adventurer's guild. He was hoping to find one going for at least a silver or two a night, he'd be ok with it if it was a bit more expensive but he wasn't made of money, after gaining entry from the guard he had 47 silvers and one large copper, only having "borrowed" 50 silvers for the trip. A good sum of money but nothing compared to how much his "father" had owned.

 Spotting a good looking inn Jackson went inside. After asking around, finding how expensive it was, and being called a "kid" Jackson left the inn and headed away from the merchants district. 

Guess it makes sense for it to be expensive at the merchants district but, 8 silvers for one room! They're practically robbing me blind! 

After mulling on it a bit Jackson decided to head to the inns in the downtown area, kind of a tourist trap but it'd be less expensive than inns in the merchants district while still holding quality. 

___ 

After looking around a bit, getting a late lunch leaving him ten coppers shorter, and seeing all the sights, Jackson foumd an in he could settle on. For 4 silvers and a large copper he would be able to say at the inn, over what he wanted by a fair bit but it was nice, comfortable but nit too extravagant, gave off a homey feel.

Should I wait to apply to the guild tomorrow? Yeah, I could use a rest, my legs are sore. Buuut I have a bit of fire left in me, I should scout out the guild and marketplace. I should leave my money here though, don't want it stolen. Well first I have to actually pay for a room.

Jackson walked up to the receptionist lady and requested a room.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The receptionist lady held her notepad, pen at the ready. 

"Hi! I'd like to rent a room for 5 days please!"

"Ok sir, would you like the meal plan to go with that? It's just an extra two silver more for the rest of your stay."

"Yes please!" 

"Ok, do you have anyone else you are staying here with? A parent or gaurdian perhaps?"

"Uh, no, i'm here all on my own."

"Alright then." The receptionist started scribbling on her note pad, calculating the tax out. "That adds up to be 25 silvers and 50 coppers."

Wincing, Jackson handed over the money leaving him with only 21 silvers and 90 coppers. 

"Thank you sir! Here is your key for room eleven, and please enjoy your stay at The Witch's Haven!"

Pocketing the key Jackson remembered he should ask when food was ready.

"Oh right! When is breakfast? Scratch that, when are meals in general? And do you have a clock?"

"Your meal plan gives you access to 3 meals per day for the next 5 days, you can get those free meals whenever you'd like to as the inside tavern is another way we make money in itself, and we have a clock right over there, right above the hallway arch."

"Alright, thank you!"

Jackson checked the time, it was close to 4:30 pm so he decided to just stay but he decided to stay for the night anyway, instead of just scouting out the guild or the city a bit more. Jackson started down the hallway toward his room.

I should probably exercise a bit then work towards learning fire magic, or deal with these bruises...

Opening the door to his room Jackson took in that pepetual 'new room smell' all hotels had. Right, time to get to work

___

Jackon decided to do things in turn, exercise till he couldn't handle anymore, typically 30 minutes, than heal his old bruises and whatever else then get back to exercise. Jackson wasn't near being and axvanced enough of a healer to restore things like injuries instantly, but he could speed up the natural healing process quite a bit. Focusing on his old bruises Jackson got to work. Healing typically took lots of concentration and was only easy for people who were really experienced.

Drop of life

A very faint glow emitted around Jackson's bruises, the color slowly turning back to to his light skin hue. Next he focused on his now sore muscles, as drop of life only accelerated natural healing processes so it wouldn't have a bad effect on his 'killer' gains.

After, in total, around an hour and a half of exercise and 30 minutes of healing Jackson's hard work finally showed the fruits of his labor.

Congratulations! Your Strength has increased!

Congratulations! Your Mana Control has increased!

Healing Magic has leveled up!

Through short pants Jackson let out a loud "Wahoo!" his strength had been at 8 for a few years without any movement, in fact the only stats that had shown any movement at all were Mana Control, Mana Power, Endurance, and Vitality the last two for reasons he didn't want to think about.

Don't think bad thoughts, celebrate! You've come so far! Just keep moving, you're almost there!

But the intrusive thoughts sucked the light out.

What am I doing? It's not like they'll accept a kid with a strengh stat of nine into the guild. I'm running out of money, i'm in a too expensive inn, I don't even know how to use a sword besides all the book i've read on them! What's even the point of running away if life is just going to be worse, I don't want to beg on the streets! I'm such a child, never thinking things through, I- 

No, what's the point of all this worry? I'll go to a cheaper inn, you can still sell materials to the guild without a license. I'll make it work, i'm already here anyway! All the things that could happen don't matter right now! I've just gotten a strength point, that's worth celebrating either way!

No matter what happens the intrusive thoughts won't leave, the best he can do to keep the demons at bay is to do something, accomplish something, to save the day, to be a hero. The light that was always out of reach has gotten closer, might as well try to grab it

___

Jackson left to the lobby, then to the built in tavern right next to the receptionist's desk to see about getting dinner. Jackson's type of healing took a lot of his body's energy and protein and if his muscles were going to heal properly he'd need some food. As he got out into the lobby he checked the time and saw it was close to 6:30, he should have time to practice Fire Magic in his room, as long as he was careful about it, nobody wanted a burnt inn, even if it was unlikey for him to learn it in such a short time. Jackson came over and sat down at a table and a waitress came up to him after a short while.

After ordering a lemonade and looking over the menu the waitress gave him Jackson decided on a BLT cheeseburger (minus the tomato) with fries, he always lked trying basic things like that first and then branching off to other foods, it was a good way to see if it was a resturant he liked because if you couldn't get fries right then shame on you.

After a longer while The nice juicy looking burger came out and the fries look absolutely perfect, just the right size, a good amount of seasoning, and not to greasy. The burger was almost as notable as the fries. Medium rare patty that was just the right amount if lean with the crunchy lettuce and mouthwatering bacon, mixed together perfectly into something a king would cry eating from. That may be the hunger that was talking and the need for protein and things like that from healing, but nevertheless, an amazing burger.

The lemonade was nice too, but all it really offered was a great contrast to the burger. After telling the waitress he was done and thanking them, he headed off to his room for some well deserved rest.

Sorry for the long wait! I kinda, maybe, deleted a majority of the chapter by mistake and wasn't in good enough of a mindset to keep writing. I was gonna put more in this note here but I'll tell you next chapter, Ciao!

1