Application
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Todays the day! Adventure time! 

I can't believe I'm doing this! Every kids dreams about to become true for me!

Walking into the adventures guild felt amazing, some people would feel intimidated, maybe even a bit silly, but the lighthearted, home like atmosphere calmed Jack's excited nerves. There was always a tavern in every adventurers guild with a nice lively atmosphere, the conversations between people, occasional barfights, displays of magic, the guild was alwats exciting. You could apply by the front desk in the guild hall.

No time like the present.

Jackson's heart was beating hard, no matter how nice the atmosphere was he was still anxious. It was his possible workplace afterall.

"Hello! I'd uh, like to get an application form!"

The man at the front desk looked a bit confused, his left eyebrow rising.

"For an adventurer i'm assuming? We have other things besides that position if you're interested, but you're... nevermind."

"Ah, yes sir, an adventurer."

Shoot this is already going bad

The man nodded slowly, unbearably slowly to Jack. "Alright then." The man opened a drawer and pulled out a few forms "fill these out and bring them back here whenever, I guess."

"Oh! Ok! Alright thank you!"

Jackson turned around and ran off, out of the adventurer's guild. The man at the front desk just shook his head slowly. "We don't even accept kids..."

___

Heart pounding, Jackson stuffed the form into his backpack. He let out a long excited squeal, was this actually happening? Was he actually destined for adventure?

Deep breaths, deeeep breaths.

"I can be excited later, I need to get my citizenship worked out now, I should probably do that before getting a job."

Talking out loud outside his future workplace probably wasn't a good idea, especially if you were to have people near by that could hear you, and you were talking about your state of citizenship not actually being known by the city. He got out of there quick.

___

The process was actually quite simple, he was already a citizen of the country but the only proof of identification he had was his birth certificate which he almost forgot to bring with him, and completely forgot about it when he entered the city. Anyways, it all worked out in the end, he was young for an ID without a parents permission but in Licentia you didn't need permission for one unless you were twelve. It took a few hours of standing in line but it was worth the wait. Jackson would have to wait a few days for his ID though, bummer.

Walking out of the DMV Jackson thought how to spend his time for today. He definitely won't be able to apply to the guild with his current stats and skills. With an effort of will he pulled up his stats and skills.

Statistics:
Strength: 9
Endurance: 14
Vitality: 16
Dexterity: 10
Mana Power: 4
Mana Control: 5
Mana Capacity: 4
Mana Regeneration: 4

Occupational skills:
Cleaning: 20 Leadership: 4 Cooking: 3 Task management: 5 Learning: 30 Art: 7 Teamwork: 10 Smithing: 5 

General Skills: Survivalism: 1 Athletics: 6 Toughness: 20 Running: 18 Walking: 38 Mana Manipulation: 25

Magical Schools:
Mana
Invigoration
Healing

Spells:
Mana: Mana Construct
Invigoration: Increase Metabolism, slow Metabolism, Energy Infusion
Healing: Drop of life

Combat skills:
Unarmed combat: 5

Jackson also decided to pull up the Special stats.

Special stats:
Wisdom: 56
Perception: 47
Charisma: 38

The special stats were special because how hard they were to change. You couldn't change them through level ups and didn't level up easily through natural means. That is why they were special, sometimes they wouldn't move for years. Humans, on average, had around fifty Wisdom fourty five Perception and thirty five Charisma. They also were born with around twenty Wisdom thirty five Perception and twenty Charisma, and the stats would increase reasonably fast after that, eventually slowing down. 

Time for a skill overview! 

First of all, he disregarded most of the occupational skills. Learning was already a high level and it made things easier to learn, a good tool he wouldn't have to touch. The other occupational skills weren't that useful right now and he didn't know where he could find a smith that would let him use his smithy. He wasn't even that good at smithing. The only reason he had the skill was that his... dad... had let him see his work, even let him make a few things under his supervision. But... things changed when his brother... died... Dad didn't want him to go off to the military, especially during a war. Dad thought his brother would get a hole shot in his head if he joined, but his brother saw an oppurtunity, extra pay if he joined now in the time of need, it would set him up for the rest of his life. His dad was right though he was going to die. They never actually found his body, just his fingers and his dog tag, and all the gore at the site of the explosion. Jackson... he'd rather not think about this right now.

___

After calming down a bit Jack walked back to The Witch's Haven. He went to his room sat on his bed.

I got pretty off topic... I need to get back to my skills. In general skills I should work on Athletics and Mana Manipulation.

Mana manipulation was one of the few magical skills that had a level. Scholars debated the reason but no one really knew why.

Getting mana manipulation higher leveled is probably second most important so I can learn fire magic. Most people are able to manipulate mana outside the body at level 20, which is very important for external magic. First place us definetly swordsmanship though, or sword mastery, whatever the name is, I just need a skill for it. Speaking of, this thing is heavy, I wouldn't be suprised if this thing is the reason for my strength level up.

After heading inside The tavern part of The Witch's Haven Jackson ordered another burger for lunch and while eating decided to head outside of the walls to do most of his training from now on, in case he were to... light a building on fire?

After finishing his food Jackson left the inn for the gates and took in the city's sights. A bubbling fountain, children playing in a nearby park, the chitter chatter of their parents, the bad smell of a nearby factory outside the walls. It was a nice place, if a bit loud, he could get used to this.

Reaching the walls, there was another long line that thankfully went by quick as leaving was easier than entering. And after another nice walk Jackson came up to a forest just outside of town.

So... Should I just start slashing trees? No, there isn't a need to hurt trees. Just the air then, I'm gonna need a teacher bad...

Jackson started to imitate the swordfighting he saw in movies and plays. He liked movies, hadn't seen one in a while though, them not having sound made him like plays better, he didn't mind subtitles but it distracted from what was happening onscreen. After a a good while of just swinging at the air, long enough that the sun noticeably moved, Jackson got a notification. 

You have gained the skill, Sword mastery!
Level 1


Huh, I was getting worried there for a second, thought I'd need a teacher to get the skill If it took this long. Phew, gotta catch my breath. Okay, time to work on fire magic

Learning a new form of magic was hard most people learned three or four schools of magic by their late 20's the only reason Jack knew three already was because the base school, mana, was given to people that knew manipulation, and invigoration was the one school that was 100% required for healing, unlike some other ones that made it easy, but were in abundance for something complicated like healing. Some schools he would have to learn to learn certain spells in healing, like light to instantly heal things. Right now with just Invigoration he barely scratched the surface of healing magic. Thankfully the only prerequisite for fire magic was heat magic. Technically, the mana school of magic was required for all of them but people didn't count it. 

Learning magic was based on visualization, will, and a heck ton of prerequisites. Sometimes prerequisites could be bypassed but that was so uncommon Jackson could count all the times he knew that something like that had happened on one hand. Well, at least all the popular times that happened. Most of them were Soldiers in a dire moment or famous heroes ir magi of exceptional talent. Anyways back to heat mana. Right now to learn heat magic Jackson wouldn't have to get mana manipulation to twenty to learn it as there was his body heat that would help him learn and he could try to learn by heating up a finger or something.

Sadly, even though it was only a beginner school, and he was experienced with magic he couldn't learn it that quickly. It is to be expected though, magic wasn't easy. He did learn sword masyery today, and thats good enough for now. It was getting dark now so he walked back into the city after waiting in line, past the park, past fountain, into the inn, falling down on the bed asleep.

Tomorrow is another day.

1