Plan of action
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still tired from his sleep Jackson got out of bed threw some clothes on and went downstairs to get some breakfast. Not before he healed all his soreness. Healing magic of his type was very useful for many physical fighters. It could heal soreness easier while not ruining your workout which was why it was the most common form of healing magic. Sadly not many people pursued further as it was to hard to learn other schools of magic to be a proper healer. To bad, paladin are neat. Thankfully the short round of healing woke him right up. He said it was short but in all honesty he still healed himself while he walked. It takes a while to heal with that spell and he'd used it enough to be able to put it on the backburner.

After Jackson ordered himself pancakes he sat down to think, as is ritual while waiting for food.

I think I should hold off on applying for now. My strength is too low and I don't have offensive spells. Swordsmanship could also use work but at least I have it.

I honestly don't know if they'll accept a thirteen year old either with no class. Though... The class honestly doesn't matter that much. It's just bonuses to abilities mostly. They're big boosts for sure, but plently of people haven't chosen one. I do have a sub class though. I didn't want it as my main class so I diverted it to being sub but it's there.

Child of knowledge - Lvl 1

Intelligence is a key to the door of life. You, child, have learned to wield it.

Grants an extra 0.5% experience earned per class level for skills, class levels, and species level. Increaces rate of learning by 10%

Jackson had only gotten it a few days ago when learning hit lvl 30. That was also the day before he ran away. It was an unexpected bonus in his escape. Which was simply climbing out the window and down a makeshift ropeladder, he was still angry he didn't get a crafting or improvisation skill for that and other feats, learning may have stopped that from happening though. Learning could substitute for things like that if he had extra knowledge on the subject, heck Art might even have helped. This made getting lots of skills harder. Walking made getting Running harder and vice versa. The lower the level the less of a burden though. Thankfully if you manged to get both skills to certain minimum levels they could fuse and be stronger. 

I'm getting off track, point is that it might help holding off until my birthday a month or so from now. The system should let me know when that is. That should also give me proper time to learn heat magic and also just barely fire. As well as more points in strength. I should probably also look for a cheaper inn later today or just camp outside the city most of the time. Wait a second... That may be a good idea! Tougher terrain, solitude for practicing. And I can learn to hunt! I would need a bow though...

Jack smiled down at his plate as he ate his last bite of pancake.

It's settled, with a bit more preparation and finishing his time left at The Witch's haven he'd go to live in the forest for a month. Hey, it'd be rough and uncomfortable but it'll teach him how to survive, and if trying to become an adventurer was even possible for him.

He got up and decided to take a walk around the city. It was a popular tourist spot as well, it was the capital after all. Also he might as well prepare for the forest. And get a few books in the meantime. He only really had three days left to prepare. 

And prepare he did. First he went and bought a bow, a quiver and some arrows, that brought some strange looks. Then he went to the bookstore to get some books on wilderness survival, magic, archery, and a few others just for entertainment. He honestly didn't think the one on archery would be all that useful because it not like having a teacher show you, but it had pictures which was good enough for him. He also knew enough on wilderness survival, he didn't run away without a plan, but he could use it for tips. It was a practical book, if really just told you how to do things, like light a fire without matches or magic.

That left him 5 silvers and 50 coppers shorter... Or 550 Obols. Money has kinda been going through a reform lately, The proper name, Obols, has also been getting more popular. The Parliament has been thinking of issuing paper money for 100 obols and above. Inflation has also been making things wonky and... He's been getting off track again.

After taking a walk in the park, buying food for ducks, and feeding said ducks, he decided to head back to the inn. While on the way back though, he passed a group of adventurers on the way outside the gate.

3 guys and two girls were partied up. One guy had a magic rifle on his back, another had a sword, whinle the last guy appeared to be a healer. One of the girls appeared to be a caster while the other was dressed relativy rouge like witha a bow on her back. They appeared to be a close knit group as he overheard the laughing and talking between them.

"Oh my gods, Dave is that another gun?" the caster lady said. "What can I say? I like the feel of this one." The healer butted in "That's what you said the last time... Just how rich are you?" "Eh, enough." That got a few light chuckles. 

That's what Jackson wanted most, not the fame, or the glory, (they would be welcome though) but good friends. He was looking forward to it.

Well that's a good goal to set myself to I think. Right, I think I should focus on heat mana until my ID Is ready. That is... 2 more days if he remembered right, so I can practice at the inn a bit more.

Content with the day he went back to the inn to work on himself.

1