Frick
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After two days of training, seeing sights, and a bit of good old fashioned laying around, Jackson got his ID card. Nothing special really happened those two days. Actually, very uneventful, the only thing that leveled up was mana manipulation. That would change in the forest, it would change with a fight. Stress helps leveling like adrenaline makes you stronger. Anyways, the most important thing happened the day after, on the day he left. Right as he was about to call it a day and leave the inn for the last time, something... Clicked. 

It was as if controlling heat just made sense. It wasn't like Jackson could explain how to do it. It was like second nature, like walking, but with your mind. If he did a bit of this, a bit of that, he could control heat. 

Through careful practice and study of heat, you have learned the school of heat!

You have gained the skill, heat manipulation! Lvl 1

After all that work I better be able to control heat.

He couldn't get too excited. He still had to learn how to use fire and a bow after all. Although, he got a bit giddy. With a pep in his step Jackson went to turn in his room key. 

"Thank you for your service, have a great day sir!"

"Thank you for your help during my stay!" 

With a wave and a goodbye, he had left the witch's haven.

Walking through the city Jackson decided to look over his skills.

Occupational skills:
Cleaning: 20 Leadership: 4 Cooking: 3 Task management: 5 Learning: 30 Art: 7 Teamwork: 10 Smithing: 5 

General Skills: Survivalism: 1 Athletics: 6 Toughness: 20 Running: 18 Walking: 38 Mana Manipulation: 26
Heat Manipulation: 1

Magical Schools:
Mana: 8 Invigoration: 12 Healing: 15 heat: 1

Spells:
Mana: Mana Construct
Invigoration: Increase Metabolism, slow Metabolism, Energy Infusion
Healing: Drop of life

Combat skills:
Unarmed combat: 5 Swordsmanship: 1   

Next, he thought about abilities. Abilities are an essential part of your life. Each skill, at level ten gives you an ability point. These ability points can be spent to give you an ability that suits your skills, magical schools, and talents. They are by far one of the most powerful advantage given to those that can use the system, ever since the gods gave it to the world 2567 years ago. Right now Jackson only had a few abilities, for example:
Learning: 30

The knowledge of the world is highly sought after, but is in so much of abundance it is hard to understand. You have taken the first step towards comprehension.

Abilities:

Bolstered memory,
Appliance of knowledge,

You have 1 unspent ability point in Learning

Bolstered memory helps recollection of memory, while appliance of knowledge does what the name says. Jackson hopes to get an experience boosting ability later on, but those are rare. Speaking of, he always seemed to level slower than other kids. He did seem to gain special stats a bit faster though. Oh well, it was a decent trade off. 

Ability points cannot always be spent when you get them, more often than not you have to accomplish or do something related the ability you want to get. For example, be had not spent any ability points in mana manipulation because of how damn hard it was to get an ability in that skill anyways.

Now he had arrived at the gate, and a long line awaits him again.

...

This backpack is soooo heeeavy.... I swear I'm gonna get another point of endurance for this. 

During his walk to Licentia he didn't complain do to all the excitement, ainxiety, and adrenaline. Now he just had ainxiety. And cramps.

...

Apparently the long wait was because of two caravans passing by and they needed their goods checked. They were just carriages as trucks were too expensive and with what they were transporting they'd need a magitech one.

Why does water have to be so heavy? And filters? And everything in general?

Congratulations! Your endurance has increased!

Frick. Called it

To make it worse the extra point wouldn't take effect until all his soreness was gone and that would take...

Wait, I'm an Idiot.

Jackson let out a sigh of relief as his muscles started healing.

"I love healing magic."

That earned a few envious glares.

...

Finally, after a while, and a bit more ainxiety, because the caravan didn't have the proper papers to pass inspection they were let through, except... They weren't. At first, Jackson was angry then, when Jackson heard why his heart dropped. They were transporting a bomb. That's how he remembered that his country was at war and Licentia, being near water, was a major trading hub.

It wasn't the most important trading hub as it wasn't on the water, but it was still the capital.

Frick.

Yeah, frick.

Announcement
to the two readers I have I'm doing another chapter very soon, maybe not today, but soon.

1