Chapter 101 – Soldiers out of the canals & Zeke against the High Priest
208 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 101 - Soldiers out of the canals & Zeke against the High Priest


After more minutes, passed the warriors of the priest tribe gathered around the temple, all looking menacing with faces painted in white paint made from some ash. Their bodies looked muscled and trained, and with a great frame towering over the simple islanders.

They were waiting and looking for the temple high stand while their eyes burned with the desire to fight.

Soon, the old man who held his golden staff arrived in front of this large group of warriors that numbered around 1000 members.

"MY WARRIORS!? I'VE SUMMONED YOU TO THIS HOUR BECAUSE SOMETHING UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED. THE ANCESTORS ANGER HAS BEEN INCURRED BY ZEKE, THE TRAITOR WHO LET DIRTY FEET TOUCH OUR LANDS, HE WHO TOOK KULUBUK HOSTAGE.

THE ANCESTORS SAW EVERYTHING FROM THE HOLY KINGDOM, AND SO THEY PROCLAIMED THAT ZEKE IS UNWORTHY TO HOLD THE CHIEFTAIN POSITION!?

WE HAVE TO RESCUE KULUBUK, THE RIGHTFUL CHIEFTAIN OF TAMUIN, AND SOOTH THE ANCESTORS ANGER BY SACRIFICING ZEKE.

The warriors looked at the old man standing high at the temple platform and hit the floor with their foot, making the ground shake a bit.

"WE'LL HAVE ZEKE'S HEAD FOR THE ANCESTORS AND RESCUE KULUBUK!?" roared the warriors in unison.

"Go, my warriors, show your valor to the ancestors' enemy that is Zeke Goddonk. Believe me, my valiant warriors, the ancestors, aren't happy with Zeke. They whispered in my ears that a great calamity will come for our lands if we don't get rid of Zeke.

"NOW GO!? GO AND PUNISH ZEKE!?"

Roared the old man in a high tone from the temple balcony while raising his golden staff that began changing color in front of the warriors, slowly turning black.

The warriors roared out as if they believed everything the High Priest told them and rushed toward where Zeke's house and his clan were located.

-

Meanwhile, going back one hour in time while the High Priest still had to summon and gather his warriors, Zeke and the 10 merchants followed by his close warriors walked around the village illuminated by the strong moonlight.

Zeke, who was wearing the clothes of Kaysang, talked with great interest with the merchants, trying to forget about the incident with the old priest and his grandson that made him rush on taking the merchants on a visit around the village.

After one hour of showing the merchants around some sights that looked nice when lighted by the moonlight, one of Zeke's warriors rushed at him with the most panicked face possible.

"Chieftain, bad new, really bad news. Kulubuk is nowhere to be found inside the dungeon, also his guards were found dead inside the iron cages."

Zeke turned at that warrior and said with a surprised face.

"For real? Those four guys are dead? Who could even kill those warriors? They were part of old Kuljub elites."

Turning to look around himself, at his warriors and at the merchants who had also surprised reactions, except Velomer, whose face seemed to be forced a bit in taking a surprised expression.

Zeke instantly knew that Velomer might know something and asked him in a friendly manner.

"Friend Velomer, if you know something you better tell me. Dealing with that crazy old man is already tricky enough for me. Don't hide anything from me friend, because if I'm not wrong that old man will start his plans to take my head."

"What!? The priest wants to kill you? Chieftain, do you think he will target us?" asked some merchants whose face turned into panic.

"Not only will he target you guys, he will most likely sacrifice you for the ancestors." replied Zeke with a sad tone.

"No way, you people actually do those lowly things? Then what now? Hey Velomer if you know something you better spill it out. We don't want to die at the hands of some crazy idiot."

"Tsk, calm down you morons. Right you barely survived inside the Sun District controlled by the Syndicates." said the merchant while scoffing at the other merchants except for the old one.

As he ended saying that, he turned to Zeke and only said.

"I'll tell you everything I know, but you have to promise to help us out."

"No problem friend I promise, just tell me what you know."

Then Velomer began telling Zeke about what Valen found out and told him. About the chained girl inside the dungeon who seemed important for the young man.

"I see, so little Maisha luck finally smiled also at her, after what she had to suffer. You know Velomer, I really hold no animosity for what that Valen boy did. He took out someone that I'm indebted to her family for the kindness they showed me when I was young.

Also, that boy even has that bug Kulubuk. It will prove a good tool in taking down the priest."

"Brothers go out and sound the alarm for the warriors, have them gathered around the periphery of the village and tell all citizens to stay inside their houses with doors shut."

"Yes Chieftain." responded the warriors close to him, storming at a fast speed in different directions.

When that happened, Zeke who was only left with the merchants, said almost to himself.

"So you cursed old man finally decided to act and take me down. Your greed will be your undoing old monster."

Turning to the merchants, he calmly said to them as if he had things under control.

"Friends let's move to a safer place, where you can also alert the ones from your ship to be careful in the next 20-30 minutes."

"Chieftain, we only have 20-30 minutes to prepare?"

"That's the time it takes old Kuljub to summon all his clan's warrior and the ones he raised. We still got time to prepare for a counterattack."

-

-

In the time all of this was happening, inside the canal system, the group of 10 soldiers and Maisha, following Murloc's pick, arrived at a part of the canal system that looked to be close to Maisha's description.

The canal had an opening that continually showered water, almost like a waterfall protecting another part of the canal system.

"That flowing water kind of smells disgusting." said one of the soldiers while having their hands when approaching this waterflow.

"That is because this water that flows here comes from the junkyard that is constantly rained upon. This is the explanation of why this water that flows inside the canal is so dirty and disgusting." replied Maisha while looking back at the soldiers.

Valen, who was beside her, pushed his hand inside this waterflow without even showing some disgust.

"Seems safe, let's go guys time is ticking, what if sir Flex is waiting for us and the other's life is endangered."

As he said that, he took Maisha in his embrace, protecting her from the smelly and disgusting water with his tall frame, and pushed past the flowing canal water.

Seconds later, he pushed himself to the opposite side while holding Maisha in his embrace and offering her protection like a tree.

Still, he coughed up and spit what managed to get in his mouth and nose.

"Valen, are you fine?"

"I'm fine. I'll just have to clear out my nose and throat. You're okay, that water didn't hit you correct."

Holding his hand tightly, Maisha nodded her head and snuck closer to Valen.

But as they got closer, Bors, followed by the other soldiers, finally also arrived while coughing and spitting a lot. Some even pucked a bit.

"Well, well. Valen my friend keep your impulses for now, you'll have all the time in the world inside Valor to get more intimate with the girl."

"Shut up Bors. Take your time and clean yourselves a bit."

"What clean up, you moron. Let's move do you think we got all the time in the world. Do you think that having that retard with us will help us? Get moving. Also you too girl, Maika or whatever you name was. Get going and lead us out."

Hearing Bors's serious tone and seeing the other soldiers also taking a severe approach to their expression made Valen react.

"Let's move Maisha, we have to get out and meet Captain Flex along with Lieutenant Levon and Yetty."

Maisha nodded her head and began leading the way in the barely lit underground system.

Then suddenly, as they moved onwards, they heard the ground shaking from the footsteps of people.

"Ohh no, the priest found out that we escaped and took Kulubuk. We need to quickly get away from that old monster."

Then following that, after passing more chambers of this canal system, a brighter light could be seen at the end of this tunnel.

"Fucking finally, after what? almost two hours we got out from this cursed and shitty place. By the gods, what kind of tunnel did those crazy bastards built? For what use. Were they really that advanced to manage to built this?" said Bors when approaching the end of the tunnel.

"I don't know. I really don't know much about the deep secrets of Tamuin. My father knew a bit, but never told me, not even before dying."

"Don't worry. It doesn't matter for us this information." replied Valen keeping a steady step forward.

At long last, the group of soldiers and the indigenous princess Maisha Moriah managed to find their way out of the indigenous city Tamuin.

When out what entered in their eyes was full of greenery and the sea view in the distance, yet Valor was still not in sight.

Valen took the den-den mushi from his pocket and called Flex.

"Yes little Valen, how is it. Managed to get our or do you need our help to get you out."

"Captain I'm out. I just don't know where exactly, I still can't find Valor in the distance."

"Come close to the entrance zone. I'm heading there to take the merchants. Ohh, shit. There are many of those indigenous warriors inside of here. Better go search for Valor directly.

Once you're there, go to my office and grab one of the snails from the desk and call the number inscribed on the snail shell with red color."

"Sir, what's happening? Sir Flex, do you hear me?"

Tried Valen to reach out to Flex, but the contact seemed to be closed from Flex's side.

The soldiers stared at him and asked him.

"What now Valen, do we listen to captain's orders and go find Valor?"

"Well, we are closer to the beach compared to where the village is probably located. Let's go search for Valor."

As Valen said that, he took the lead and moved using the cover of the greenery until he got to the opposite direction of the canal exit, where another side of the island beach was revealed.

The middle size ship, Valor, which was about 30 meters in height, was shoring to a relatively close distance to where they were located.

"Finally, we found Valor. Let's move and see what else we can do for captain Flex." said one of the soldiers while breathing in relief when seeing Valor in the distance.

Maisha, who saw for the first time Valor, pointed at the ship and said in a curious tone.

"Valen, that thing, is the boat you guys came to Tamuin? It's so large!?"

"That's right girl, that's our beauty, Valor. One of Lord Admiral Patrick Cochrane fleet ships. But let's cut to the case and go inside. You'll understand as we go Maika." replied Bors to Maisha while smiling when looking at Valor.

-

-

-

Back to when Flex was talking with Valen, and he was moving toward the village, he stumbled upon a significant number of indigenous warriors who were gathered at the periphery.

"Ohh, shit. There's many of those indigenous warriors inside of here. Valen you better go search for Valor directly and call back home."

He ended that call immediately as he stopped his men from the march. Turning to the indigenous guy next to him, he said to him.

"Atepa what is this? Why did your people, the capable men, gathered in this place? Are they welcoming me by chance?"

"Sir Flex, I doubt. Only the chieftain and high priest have the right to summon the warriors. Don't tell me the High Priest plans to betray the entire Tamuin.

"Shush, let me see if I can find something. You come with me. Levon, Yetty take the boys a bit back, so we don't enter in conflict with those islanders."

"I understand Flex. You hear the captain's orders soldiers, retreat a bit."

"Yes sir."

While all of this was happening inside the gathering of 560 warriors, in a man-made circle stood the 10 merchants along with Zeke, who changed his attire in a battle armor that was fit on his skin along with a longsword in his hand.

The chieftain seemed to wait for something, or rather said, someone. But from the opposite side of the city where the temple was located, there was still no sign of people appearing.

As he waited, one of his trusted warriors came inside this circle and said to Zeke.

"Chieftain, the foreigner leader along with one one guy called Atepa want to speak with you. Should we let them inside? Or could it be a trap of the foreigners."

"Sigh Berlos, why are you still questioning the intent of the foreigners. They probably want to take their men back, let him in. I also want to meet him again."

"Yes chieftain."

Soon, Flex and Atepa made their way past the warriors who formed a circle having Zeke at its heart.

"Captain Flex, for the love of god, you are fine." said Velomer, the slightly fat merchant, while looking at Flex, who was entering inside the circle.

The other merchants greeted him accordingly.

"No need for pleasantries guys. I'm glad to see you not missing any pieces of you, especially you fatty Velomer."

"Haha, we managed something around here." laughed a bit awkwardly Velomer and the other merchants.

'Ohh, so these merchants spilled the beans I guess. Well, seeing them alive means that the damage of the brats is not that big yet.'

Turning to look at Zeke, Flex looked at the tall tanner islander, who was about 1.92 meters and with a strong chiseled body.

"Chieftain Zeke Goddonk, you have my thanks for looking after the citizens of Kaysang. I came here to apologize for creating a mess in your city by having my soldiers infiltrated inside and take one of your people out of your building."

Zeke looked at Flex with a serious expression as it slowly began easing up, before not long smiling at Flex.

"No need to apologize. Your men took out the person that I had a debt unpaid to her family. But the pressure coming from the priest forced me to comply and chain her, not wanting to start a war with him.

But now, I no longer care. Since that old monster summoned his brainwashed bastards, I'll just have a war with him and cleanse Tamuin of those corrupted bastards and false stories about our ancestors."

"Hmm, so this is why there's so many people here, you're preparing for a war. I heard that high priest has some weird power, what was that called again Atepa."

"Power of ancestors."

"Yes that. Can you stop him, chieftain?"

Zeke looked at Flex, and slowly his smile diminished while his face turned serious. Showing Flex his hand.

Flex then could see as Zeke's hand began slowly to turn in a black color like it was covered in tar.

"That's Armament Haki. Like His Highness power."

"Ohh, so you know about the Ancestor's Power. You people call it Haki in your lands? I see, so it wasn't unique to Tamuin."

"And even your ruler also has this power. I'm glad to hear it."

"Chieftain you can't be this humble with yourself. You don't know how precious this power is. A very small number of people can awaken this type of power."

"That's who I am. I might sound humble when talking with you, but that's how Master Moriah taught me when I was little. Being overly arrogant would harm you later in life."

"Good words. Well chieftain, I don't plan to see you lose, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I'm to report to my prince that a future partner was lost just like this, because we stood and watched them killing one another."

"So what do you say, are we shaking hands for this fight? My people number is 100 all equipped with the strongest riffles from Kaysang, able to blast the heads of any beast approaching."

Shortly Flex extended his hand toward Zeke, who was contemplating what he just heard from the officer.

After some seconds of waiting, he took the extended hand and shook it.

"I'll leave my able warriors in your care Flex. If I'm alive after this fight with old Kuljub, I would mind at all meeting this prince of yours and see for myself your kingdom."

"Haha, don't worry chieftain. If you can stall this fight one or two more hours, you'll see my prince in bones and flesh right here."

"But how? How does he know that a fight will happen?"

"I made sure to report any suspicious information to him using our telephonic snail system. Argh it's hard to explain for beginners. What matters is that if you can't beat that old monster by yourself, stall the fight until my prince appears."

"Heh, you foreigners sure have many interesting things to show. One or two hours you said? No problem, playing around with that old man for that amount of time should still keep me alive."

"You hear it guys!? We have to hold and resist the priest bastards for only two hours. When that time ticks, our foreigner friends from over the sea will come and support us."

"YEAH!? WE'RE READY CHIEFTAIN!?"

Then as the warriors roared with great spirit, from the direction of the temple, an old man wielding a golden staff walked casually toward Zeke and his warriors, while behind him was a horde of 1000 warriors, all looking bloodthirsty and ready for war.

"So you finally arived old Kuljub, I thought you forgot about me and your grandson, but it seems I was right. You are that greedy and petty."

"Little shit, give me back my grandson and I will give you and those little dogs around you a swift end before sacrificing you to the ancestors."

"You want your little bastard, old Kuljub? Well he might be with me or maybe not. What will you do about this?"

The old man whose face darkened gripped his staff tighter before thrusting his golden staff toward Zeke, sending a great energy blast.

Meanwhile, Zeke jumped out of the circle and struck that energy blast with his longsword effortlessly.

"That's not how you negotiate old Kuljub. Haven't your ancestors whispered in your ears that maybe is better to not force your hand with strong people."

"Haha, and you are strong, little shit? Haha, that remains to be seen. I repeat myself, give me back my grandson and I will end you quicker."

A/N: Heh, how is it, this chapter? Quite good in my opinion.

We finally have revealed Zeke's stance on this entire conflict. Finally the old priest attacks against the people of Kaysang and especially Zeke's clan.

Meanwhile on the other side, Valen, Bors, Maisha and the others reached safely Valor, but would they be of any help inside this fight?

-

Find out in the next chapter of my story.

-

Guys if you want to support me, you can find me on webnovel and donate some stones to the story.

-

Join my discord https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

5