Chapter 131 – Civil War – 3
122 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 131 - Civil War - 3


With the creation of a quake point, the debris from the destroyed houses began flying in all directions. The screams of fear and terror from the citizens of Dawn City could be heard all over the closest point of conflict.

Wincester, after delivering his devastating attack, jumped from where he was and looked coldly at Ramoth, who also moved to help Gif in blocking his strikes. His remaining dagger cracked a bit, even though it was still covered in Armament. However, not the same could be said for Gif, who used his greatsword to block Wincester's attack.

"Tsk, do you want to play hard to kill like that spearman? Fine, I will use the same method on you two, like the one who should start feeling his body freezing."

Gif, who only had half of his sword intact and who was left with a large wound on his left arm that was used to hold the sword for the block, used his right hand to cover the remaining sword in Armament.

By Gif's side, Ramoth also covered his great axe in Armament and seemed to prepare himself for a strike that put Wincester on guard.

"[Whirlwind]" called out Ramoth after sending a strike with his great axe that formed a decent-sized whirlwind, targeting Wincester.

"It is all useless. What would you achieve by sending such an attack to someone faster?" said Wincester as he used his [Shadow Step] to disappear from the location the whirlwind was charging, and after appearing relatively close to Ramoth, he used a strong kick that pushed him crashing in another building occupied by people.

Gif did a strike after seeing Wincester end his leg kick, which had the assassin turn at him with a wicked expression, and before his sword could even touch him, he disappeared and appeared at his back, at which he used his hidden blade to do a small wound on an opened Gif.

Before Wincester could continue cutting Gif's skin, the royal guard used armament on that part of his body, stopping the cut and getting back at the assassin. He used a swift strike that did a small wound on his arm.

Wincester moved away from a follow-up strike and stared coldly at Gif, who had a smile on his face. Looking at the wounded arm, he asked in a cold tone Gif, who was smiling, even got even close to laughing.

"You are happy you managed to wound me? Such fool, but knowing that you managed to wound me might give you quite the pleasure. Enjoy it because you will soon die."

Saying that without using his [Shadow Step] that he so frequently utilized, he moved using weird footsteps that created some mirages of himself, that Gif had to guess who was the real one.

'[Mind Mirage]'

Gif, who could feel something starting to burn him slightly, didn't mind the feeling and sensing that Wincester was trying to not use too much of his energy, compared to his first moments when the fight started 5 minutes ago. Still, this mirage shown by Wincester proved troublesome because he couldn't feel who the real one was.

He swung his half-sword, killing three of the assassin's apparitions, but there were 3 more of them moving with killing intent in their gaze. The coldness was visible from a distance, but Gif couldn't appreciate who the real one was.

Then when the three mirages appeared to attack, he moved to counter the first blow, but it passed directly by, like a phantom, yet this didn't signal the end because he heard Wincester voice before he found himself sent flying.

"If you would have your Observation awakened, this ability of mine would probably not be so effective. But thanks for being a dumb idiot who only trained his body."

Wincester, after sending Gif flying with a powerful dagger strike, he moved to where he sent Ramoth, and still, without using the [Shadow Step], he used his own feet to travel.

'There's no need to use my dark energy so wastefully. I still have to kill that old man, and converting my inner energy into dark energy is quite a long process.' thought Wincester as he moved to Ramoth, who also began moving toward him like some crazed man.

'Huh, a berserker? Interesting, it's been a while since I've seen one like this.'

Grabbing his cracked dagger, he covered it Armament and moved toward the running Ramoth, who roared before swinging his great axe. The instant he swung the great axe, another intense energy moved toward Wincester, which made him alert.

'If I block this attack, my dagger will for sure get destroyed. Tsk, let's use that. [Shadow Veil]' as he thought that, his body was covered in a cloud of black smoke that looked like a cloak.

.

.

The attack clashed with the [Shadow Veil], but it quickly began weakening until Wincester suddenly jumped in the air while calling the following attack sequence in his mind.

'[Sky Gazer]' [Eclipse]'

With himself propelled in the air by a strong kick, he began to cover his dagger in a black liquid before spinning in the air, becoming something akin to an eclipsing sun from all the shadowy smoke released from him.

'Die vermin. I have other things to do.' thinking that while looking at Ramoth, who also charged an attack to sent toward him, he smirked and threw his dagger at Ramoth.

Ramoth, who noted that Wincester sent his attack, also sent his charged attack with a swing of his great axe that sent a flying elephant head that looked like a mutated monster, the Behemoth.

'Useless. I got enough energy to block all your attacks. You shouldn't even think of attacking me but instead opting to block.'

The attacks moved against one another. The first to create the clash, which induced a shockwave, was Wincester\s attack. Yet, it was just like Wincester expected. His attack overpowered Ramoth's and moved for the kill.

"Huh, you wish to take my heart? Take my leg. I don't need it if it's me who survives this fight."

"[Obelisk]"

Ramoth roared to the sky as he did a slight sidestep but was also charged with another powerful attack that seemed to make him look red, like a demon unleashed from hell. Without even minding the exchange that was his left leg, he jumped to the skies with the right and made an overhead attack that made Wincester unleash a significant stream of black smoke that enveloped him like a cocoon.

Like a crashing meteor, Wincester got sent flying to the ground, but in the process of doing this strike, Ramoth's veins began rupturing, spewing blood.

"Not yet. I still have some inner energy in me. I need to kill this man and avenge my brothers."

"[Obelisk]"

.

Just as he said that his nose and ears began giving off blood, but Ramoth's body was giving off an insane amount of energy that would scare off even the most seasoned warriors from the seas. After charging up his energy in mid-air, he grasped his great axe that seemed to give in in the face of his force.

Wincester, who got sent crashing to the ground, gnashed his teeth while spitting some blood from his mouth and with a calm, cold expression, he exited his defensive ability, and as he did that, his eyes sclera (whites) began turning red after he said in his head. '[Ecstasy Demon]'

The veins in his head began pulsing a bit, along with the redness of his eyes. His new appearance looked sinister, like someone poured red ink or blood into his eyes, turning them entirely red.

'Damn this stupid fruit power. Even after so many years, I don't like using this ability that fucks even my head. Yet that old man said my devil fruit power is among the strongest paramecia, so I will believe him.'

While thinking that, he jumped toward Ramoth without even being sensed, and with his cracked dagger, before Ramoth could even react appropriately, he started cutting at his flesh.'

"ARGHH. I WILL KILL YOU DAMNED ASSASSIN!"

Wincester only sent a sinister smile in the face of such bravado and did a fast speed that propelled him in the air, and with another step sending him descending at Ramoth, who was charging a long-ranged attack.

Another nasty wound was brought to Ramoth's body, who seemed to be losing a lot of blood after dropping on the ground.

Ramoth, who found himself weakened, and in a difficult situation, could only grit his teeth and close his eyes, sensing that Wincester moved for the kill. But the end didn't come. There was a longsword that came to block the finishing blow of Wincester.

"Who are you, little rat? I haven't seen your face."

"You don't deserve to know my identity, Dark Union assassin. Only after you die, I might tell you."

.

The one who said that and blocked the finishing blow, a sure kill to Ramoth who exhausted his energy, was a young man who looked to be 15 years old. He had black hair with a sharp pair of brown eyes that didn't show any fear while looking at Wincester [Ecstasy Demon] form.

While close to Wincester, the black-haired young man sent a strong kick toward his face, which made him get away from Ramoth.

"Hmmm, there's something wrong with you. You don't seem to possess haki, but why do I feel there's something in you that resembles haki?"

Ramoth, who opened his eyes, saw the black-haired young man and called out with a tired voice.

"Don't fight him, little Robert. This assassin is one of the leaders who killed my brothers 18 years ago."

"Don't worry, uncle, I know what I am doing." responded Robert in a calm tone.

Looking at Wincester, he took a glass vial that contained a crimson-coloured liquid that he spread out on his sword, which in only 3 seconds turned into a solidified state, enveloping the entire blade of the sword, giving the longsword a dark crimson look.

'This vial should be enough to fight with a haki user until old Nius arrives to take him out.' thought Robert while looking at his crimson sword.

Along the way, he also took the [Wrath Guard] stance and using an unknown footstep to Wincester, he appeared right in front of him with the sword swinging downward, but later switching the movement and going with a diagonal cut that looked dangerous.

Blocking with his dagger covered in armament, Wincester looked shocked, seeing that this sword not even covered in armament could withstand his blow.

'This weird attack stance and footsteps reminds me of little Zagreus. This brat should be someone close to him, even special since he taught him his swordplay. Perfect, I can now try to blackmail him, so I get what the old master wanted from the Vermilions.' thought Wincester, while pushing his devil power ability another notch which made him laugh a bit, euphoric even.

Meanwhile, Robert's mind sent him a jolt when he noticed that crazy laugh coming from Wincester.

'I need to block. This guy is dangerous, just like uncle Ramoth said.'

Ending thinking that, he took some steps back and, along the way, switched his stance to Ochs guard, preparing to block against a future attack.

Wincester didn't bother himself with Robert's defensive stance and moved like a predator to capture him. He made some dagger attacks that got blocked by Robert, but it didn't break his barrage of strikes that had the younger swordsman on his back steps.

In that insane barrage of strikes, Robert managed to find room for a counter and sent another kick, sending away Wincester for a brief moment, at which the young man brought another vial of blood that he poured on his head, starting running around him.

Instantly this blood reacted and began morphing in the shape of an light armour, capable of blocking along with his sword the strikes capable of ending a fight.

"Haha, you really are Vermilion's disciple. He even gave you some of his powers to protect you in this fight. But how much can that protect you." said Wincester with a laugh before disappearing from where he was, appearing right in Robert's face with a strike from nowhere.

This strike managed to make contact, but it was a zone protected by the crimson amour. However, the impact of this strike made Robert spew some blood before sending one of his own strikes that got blocked effortlessly.

"Kid, maybe your master would be able to fight me till the end, but you are just a young pup, who still hasn't experienced the world." said Wincester while using his advanced speed to get to Robert's back, sending a kick at his back, propelling the young swordsman to the ground.

"Hehehe, you are mine, little boy. Don't worry, I will not kill you or poison you like the rest of those vermin. You are useful to me." said Wincester as he appeared in Robert's face, pinning him down and looking down at his face with his own red ones.

"Damn it. How powerful are you actually?" asked Robert, feeling that he couldn't move at all.

"Enough to be called Elder back home. You wanted to waste more time until that old man appeared? Kid, my devil fruit is Mind-Mind. I can manipulate or destroy any mind weaker than mine. Do you think I wasted my time while you guys prepared for war? I built up an army of zombies just to fight Vermilion and the old soldier." said Wincester while his eyes began to turn back to normal, to his blue colored ones.

"So this is the reason old Nius didn't arrive yet? Fuck, I failed, big brother." said Robert while looking a bit angry at Wincester.

"Don't be angry at yourself, kid. If you had your haki awakened, maybe the fight would be different along with the powers of your master."

But while Wincester said that, the crimson armour on Robert's body began stirring up and spiking up like a hedgehog, making Wincester remove his pin on Robert's body to avoid the sharp thorns moving at all of his vital parts.

Robert felt his body freed from the strong pin raised on his feet, and along the way, he heard a weak voice in his head, a bit childish, saying to him. "Only a bit more, you only a small fragment of my power."

'I understand, don't worry, just give me whatever power big brother left you. I need to protect uncle Ramoth, Gif and Vem until old Nius comes.'

Grasping his crimson sword, he looked at Wincester, who looked at him as if he was a dead person.

"Kid, you will regret this. To think Vermilion could activate his powers from where he is fighting Lacilet. Huh, once again I have to use [Ecstasy Demon]"

When Wincester closed his eyes, Robert moved to where Ramoth checked to see if he was still alive. He was still alive, but his pulse was getting smaller and smaller.

'Big brother, use the armour powers to keep uncle Ramoth alive. I don't need it.' he thought that in his head, but there was still no response. 'Please, big brother, I know you care more about me than the royal guards, but he will really die if we don't do anything to stop his bleeding. I can protect myself only with the sword.'

Only this time, there seemed to be a response from the armour that began turning into liquid and covering Ramoth opened wounds, seconds later crystallizing, solidifying the zones that were open wounds.

"Bad choice kid, that armour could still prove helpful to you. You are weak. You show softness to an already doomed person." said Wincester while looking at Robert with his red eyes before using his enormous speed to get to where Robert was, and along the way also following his approach with a strike, not at him but at Ramoth.

"Bastard!" cried out Robert, who got in time to block the strike that would have Ramoth dead.

Wincester shook his head, and using some fluid movements and strikes, pushed Robert more and more. The crimson sword seemed to be losing substance, but the same could be said for Wincester's dagger that barely hung on the hilt.

'Useless dagger, when I get home, I will need a great graded sword or dagger, not some normal dagger.'

.

.

'I sensed a tremor around the square. This should be old Nius approaching, at last. My hands can't no longer hang on. I have some fingers broken, and my wrist cracked from the strain of blocking those crazy attacks. Let's set him up just at the time for old Nius to appear.'

Pushing his attacks, Wincester entered a counter set carefully by Robert, which unbalanced his footing, where the young swordsman followed later by sending a sword slash the shape of a crimson eagle, depleting his sword of the crimson layer.

"Sneaky bastard, I don't know what you are trying to do, abandoning your layer of protection on your sword. If you think you are threatening me with that strike, you are mistaken.

"[Shadow Veil]"

Yet, as Wincester enveloped himself in a shadowy black veil and started blocking the crimson eagle sent by Robert, all of a sudden felt his spine going cold, all his senses alerting him of something.

'Don't tell me, that old guy managed to pass all the traps? How I wasn't alerted by the death of those braindead guys at all.'

'All or nothing, before the old man appears, I will capture the kid and escape.' thought Wincester while the crimson eagle only had some more energy.

Preparing to move toward Robert, who was tired, he heard a cold old voice running at his ears, "Too late, you damned rat. You think that using Kaysang citizens to stop my approach would make a difference."

"[Ruin Cross]"

A sword slash that was like a cross that froze everything in its path came at incredible speed toward Wincester, who tried to capture Robert, but this time who got marked by Nius.

The old marshall had all his right arm covered in armament haki, while the Demonic Sword Gram in his hand released a lot of dark light and chilling energy, turning the entire zone around Nius into a frozen hell. Yet, this chilling temperature didn't affect Nius while looking with a dead cold stare at Wincester and the sword strike that enveloped him.


A/N: We got a strong cockroach here. NGL, Wincester's devil fruit really looks interesting. Fun facts about Wincester, he is technically on drugs.

.

We finally see Robert in action after so many chapters, along with the spotlight of an interesting ability Vlad might have. (can guess what this ability is?)

.

Nius, from the first chapters he appeared in the story, was a Chad, so I got nothing to comment on him.

.

Hope you enjoyed another of those action chapters.

.

If you liked the story make sure to give it a follow and some encouraging reviews or pointing out my mistakes with comments so I can fix them and grow as a writer.

-

Join my discord for talks and discussions. https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

3