Chapter 118 – The council meeting disturbed
158 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 118 - The council meeting disturbed


Finally, after maintaining the room's silence, Vlad rose from his seat, and while staring at the 5 nobles and Felicia, he began by saying.

"Gentlemen, lady Felicia, you've probably wondered who I am to sit on the high chair of the council room and seem like looking arrogantly at you. I can see some displeasure in your eyes, noble lords, but what I have to tell you is quite straightforward."

The two counts seated were no longer bothered by Vlad's identity since they figured it out in their own abilities. Yet, the lower nobles still couldn't put the one and one in place.

"You might know me as Blood, the Scourge of Kaysang or what the Blood Devil that put the nobles under a fear veil." said Vlad while the two counts nodded and adding

"Indeed, your Excellency, we know this."

Yet Vlad, while looking at the nobles and Felicia, did one more act before continuing talking. From his face, blood began appearing and morphing like fiber threads into a crimson mask that made him famous, the Venetian Masquerade masks from his first life.

This show of power that seemed like magic made everyone in the room impressed except for Patrick, Nius, and Sofiya.

"However, only a small part of people, only the worthy and trustful ones, had me reveal my real identity. Don't think I view you, noblemen, as untrustful because I didn't reveal my real identity to you. It is just that sometimes when you are weak, it is better to keep your aces up your sleeves."

Saying that he had his blood mask get back in his skin and reveal his white skin.

"There's no problem. We can understand the situation you were in, fighting against Lacilet and the other nobles." added Count Arden while standing upright in his chair.

"It's good to hear this Count, then what I will say next will not be received as a joke. I fight with the nobles wrestling to take control of the country because I am, in fact, a royal member of the Vermilion House. If grandpa is still willing to lead the country until I a reach the appropriate age to rule, I should be the Prince of this country."

The rest of the nobles except the counts, who seemed to be more prepared, looked at Vlad with surprised eyes, even Felicia looked a bit different at Vlad, but she still got the hand of the problem pretty fast.

"Vermilion Zagreus Vlad. This is my real name, gentlemen's and lady."

Felicia, who was watching Vlad's face, which felt familiar since meeting him, thought to herself as Vlad revealed his name.

'The malnourished boy from 7 years ago. That's right, how could I forget the boy who little Iris wanted me to buy from the auction. His eyes remained the same, while his face matured a lot.'

"The little boy from the auction was you, little prince?" asked Felicia to confirm his thought while checking on Vlad's expression, who remained serene.

Vlad, who heard this question, looked at Felicia and nodded his head, and confirming her presupposition.

"Indeed, lady Felicia, I was the boy who gave you the weird stare at the auction."

Patrick felt that time was moving, and the main subject of the meeting was still to be approached. He did cough and said, interrupting all this talk.

"I think it is enough, little prince. Even those noble boys should be smart enough to understand, you are the boss around here. So tell us the important stuff, we are going to war. When and how."

Felicia gave old Patrick a stare as if she was a bit displeased by this rude interruption in her reunion with the slave boy she saw 7 years ago. Yet, the old Admiral wasn't impressed that much by Felicia and gave her an annoyed look.

"Little girl, this isn't a place for a reunion and talks about the little prince's dark past. Is a War Council. Also, don't give me that look, I'm too old to engulf myself in young beauties, but for the old shakes, I can try you."

Felicia did a cold snort at this crude comment of the old Admiral who sounded like some old sailor, who could care less about manners with ladies.

"Ahem, old Patrick, this is enough. No need to throw insults at no one. So, to take back the important order of why I summoned you guys, it is to inform you that soon Kaysang will be engulfed in war, and I want all the support necessary to keep this fight at the smallest amount of bloodshed."

The nobles kept their quiet in this process while Felicia raised her hand as if wanting to talk.

"Your Highness, I don't know if it is okay to bring this up, but I have some information that might be of importance to this meeting. Can I share it with the people taking part in this meeting?"

Vlad looked at Felicia and later did a sharp turn to the nobles and other members and said to her.

"You may take the word lady Felicia."

As he said that, he got seated back in his seat and looked at Felicia's figure as she got up from the seat. At the same time, Sofiya calmly observed everything without interfering, seeming to not care about all the attention showered on Felicia, knowing Vlad's plans since Vlad encountered the assassins at Valent.

"Well, how should I start this. You people might know me as the one governing the pink district, however, my business is a network in itself. I have a grasp of the noble side, placing my own girls to spy on the nobles and report back to me.

It was today that something that made even myself fear a bit for the future of Kaysang. Duke Lacilet Vestios, or what he likes to call himself, King Lacilet, summoned his armies and the ones belonging to the nobles siding with him. He plans to wage war on Sol in about one week."

With this sudden news, the atmosphere inside the council room turned heavy, and Vlad could see that Aldenis wanted to say something but kept quiet until Vlad nodded his head at him.

"My lord, the nobles are too disorganized, and I doubt they will be able to assembly their army in one week. At most, it will require them about 2 weeks without having a supply after them.

"I know Aldenis, thank you for interfering, so others also understand that bringing a sizable army with you is not an easy process."

Then he calmly asked Felicia. "Is your city also targeted by Lacilet?"

"Indeed, your Highness, this is also the reason I didn't hesitate to arrive at Sol and take part in the meeting knowing well that the Dark Union bastards received by Lacilet are swarming like parasites in Dawn City."

"Those guys are far more dangerous than what Lacilet and his nobles could do."

Ending saying that Nius, who mostly kept quiet and stared with interest at Felicia, said to her.

"Little Felicia, we know about the Dark Union bastards. We are fully prepared to fight them, so this shouldn't be a big problem. The problem is the fact that those bastards have a lot of people that little Vlad and I can't simply hold back on our own."

Vlad also added to Felicia, who looked at Nius calm and quiet expression.

"Lady Felicia, the problem is a bit delicate. We need to gather more people to fight back and protect the normal citizens who can't fight back. In war, the crazed one doesn't care about the insignificant commoners. However, I don't want my people to suffer such dark fate."

Turning toward the nobles, Patrick, and the other members, remaining focused on the nobles and Felicia.

"This is why we have to fight this as a common entity. Because if I lose, those bastards will come after you, for even daring to ally with us and not follow in line like the rest."

The counts and the other nobles began thinking in their heads while looking at Vlad with a serious face.

'If what this woman said, the chance of Lacilet targeting me with those traitorous bastards is huge. Also, from what I understand and seeing how calm and collected the young prince is, he should have expected this, and he is also prepared for this "Dark Union" I first heard about.'

'I think I should check a bit more on who those people are and what army the young prince can muster for this fight.'

"Your Highness, Lord Galleot, if I may ask something before forming my final decision on this matter?"

"Go ahead, Count Rohan. In this meeting, I will be free for you, so all questions asked shouldn't be held back." said Vlad with a calm tone while looking at this noble that was quite intelligent from all the interaction he had with him.

Nodding his head, Count Rohan rose on his feet, and while staring at Vlad and Nius, he asked them something that was on the mind of the other nobles.

"Your Highness, can you tell me in more detail who this Dark Union, lady Felicia, lord Galleot and Your Excellency mentioned?"

Vlad looked at Nius, who looked back at him and seemed to be a bit annoyed, almost reminding him of the moment they had to go to Pholbor Novio to notify him of the mine situation when he stumbled on the path toward the shallowed temple.

Shaking his head a bit at Nius, while Patrick watched everything from the side and held a laugh of disdain for Nius, he turned to the Count and said to him.

"The Dark Union, or how it's also known as Assassin Union, holds more identities while inside this kingdom. However, what you need to know is that those guys are masters of assassination, coming from the distant lands of New World, for something that the Royal Family holds hidden for generations.

Should you fear them? If I was a simple person and those guys targeted me, I would be scared because I've seen and tasted their power, especially the leaders of this branch of the Dark Union. It's this enough, Count?"

After listening to Vlad's response, it was enough for Rohan to hear the location known as New World, to know that this organization was spelling serious trouble.

"This is enough, Your Highness. I understand we are in trouble, but I would like to know the number of your soldiers. Do we stand a chance against the numbers the rest of nobles can bring and those assassins?"

Vlad kept his calm self, and getting off his chair and walking around the room, he began saying as he was circling the room.

"If you fear I'm taken by surprise and left butt-naked by this attack, you are wrong. I have an army of 6.000 elite soldiers that are the backbone of this city. Among those soldiers, I also have a fleet of 16 medium-sized ships and 4 heavy ships that are all under the subordination of Lord Admiral Patrick Cochrane."

Stopping in place while being beside Patrick, he tapped his shoulder lightly and asked him.

"How many marines have you managed to raise, old Admiral."

Patrick, feeling Vlad's confidence from his touch, gave a hearty laugh and patted his hand back. The memory of Vlad offering him money and shipbuilders to build the fleet he envisioned in his dreams was still fresh in his mind.

With a voice brimming with energy and confidence, he reported back to Vlad's question.

"In those 2 years, I managed to raise about 2.142 navy marines. Give or take is around that number. All of them can navigate and know the breath of the sea like it's their calling. They are tigers of the seas. They will not dare embarrass me and you, my prince."

"Haha, that's perfect. Aldenis, I want a report right now. I want the number of all ships the nobles could muster to fight against my and Patrick's fleet."

The old administrator, who came prepared for such questions, began searching around the bunch of documents he had, and after one minute, he stopped from his search and read the report to himself, he later said to Vlad.

"From what my spies managed to find, the nobles have merchant ships and transport ships at their disposal. Only Lacilet had some decent fleet of 2 heavy ships and 7 medium-size ships, but because of Lord Admiral successes against their fleet when they masked as pirates, the final number of ships their entire alliance should be of about 18 medium ships, 1 heavy ship belonging to Lacilet, and 20 merchant ships."

After hearing that number, Patrick tapped the corners of his chair and later said to Vlad, who was still beside him.

"This shouldn't be a problem. While we seem to be at a loss, don't look down on my fleet. My heavy ships are worth their entire fleet of merchant ships and medium ships combined. But before I end."

Saying that he continued after looking at Faust and Johan.

"Hey, you crazy kid, what happened to my cannons? You talked big last time we talked on the snail that you will show me some strong cannon that could obliterate anyone in my path."

Faust was taken by surprise and staring at this extravagant old man, who acted not at all his age. He scrambled some words and said to Patrick.

"Old Patrick, my project is settled down, but it's in Johan's hands to complete it. Ask him how long will it take to make your cannons."

Vlad, together with Patrick, calmly looked at Johan and Faust while the Craftsman felt a bit short of words.

"My Lord, that cannon is still a prototype, and I still haven't tested it out for fear it would blow my entire workshop. However, I only need a bit to complete its entire plates."

"How long? We only have about one week to two weeks before the war is fully blown." asked Patrick, the Craftsman, without placing too much pressure on him.

"It could be done in one day or two days. But I don't know if it will work, my lord. It is my first time building a cannon using this freak technology he brought from his ass." said Johan, while scratching his beard a bit, unsure if the cannon could fire.

However, Patrick thought differently from Johan and said with confidence and some encouraging words to the Craftsman.

"Craftsman Johan, it matters to me less if it doesn't work. Yet, if this cannon is a success, it will bring for my boys and me a bigger advantage, saving me from the headache of controlling the entire sea and ordering my subordinate Captains on what to do."

"You just have to focus entirely on building this cannon. This is your job. I am the one to worry about its functionality." ended Patrick in a surprising noble-like manner. (A/N: Well, our old man here was a Count, while he lived a life of a seadog, and got corrupted by the life on the sea, he's noble at his core)

"Yes, my lord. After this meeting, I will go to my workshop and start working on the cannon with my boys. By tomorrow morning or next day, it should be done." said Johan while he felt a bit more peaceful, knowing that the old Admiral wasn't so harsh on him.

Vlad turned his head to Count Rohan and asked him a simple question.

"What do you think, Count? Do we have a chance at fighting Lacilet if you 5 also bring your retainers and soldiers?"

The nobles kept their silence for a bit, and with Count Arden and the other nobles patting on Rohan's shoulder, doing a ceremonious delegation of power between themselves, Rohan raised on his feet and with a serious face and tone, brimming with some charm of a noble, he said to Vlad.

"Your Highness, we five nobles decided to share this burden with you and bring our small armies to assist you. If we bring and combine our 5 troops, we should have about 2000 skilled warriors and 8.000 ordinary soldiers.

Vlad received this confirmation with a warm smile on his face, showing a surprising charismatic aspect to him. Moving to Rohan, who was slightly smaller in height than him, being only 1,81 meters, he placed his hand on his shoulder without any animosity and thanked him.

"Thank you, my five nobles, for believing in me and showing your support to the Vermilion House and me."

Seeing the young prince actually being so direct and not even showing an arrogance that most royals would have made them remember how Lucius also genuinely behaved around people.

"No, my prince, this is something that we should also do. If we don't stand to fight together, those traitors will destroy this country and the simple people that have not a fault for this happening."

"Indeed, Rohan. You can take your seat. I will also tell you my plan on how to deal with these bastards. But before that. Lady Felicia, will you relay my message to the rest of the leaders of Dawn district?"

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"In life, you should be true to yourself, and if you see yourself threatened by someone and have the chance to fight back, don't hesitate and take up your arms and fight, support my cause. We, the Vermilions, don't wish to destroy the futures of our children and their future descendants.  We will not rule just for a privileged class or for our agendas. After this Civil War ends, and all the traitors are judged for their crimes of treason, a new age for Kaysang will arrive."

"Our dying flame will once again burn bright and ferocious as the Sun and at the same time be as warm and welcoming for others as the flames of the noble Phoenix."

Staring at Felicia in the eyes with his serene dark green eyes that had some red and dark lights flowing in them, he ended with. "Tell them that, my lady. I will be sure they will make the right decision. As for you? What is your answer? Will you support me with what you can?"

Felicia, who by now was convinced of the chances Vlad and his people had to win this incoming Civil War, could only agree with this charismatic young man, who seemed to brim with dark and bright lights if watched carefully.

"Your Highness, my girls will be pleased to take up their arms and assist you from the shadows. As for the others, I will make sure to tell your message word for word, and when you need us, summon us. We of the Dawn District are not nobles. We don't have high aspirations to power, however, this doesn't mean that we can be let to be suppressed by some greedy bastards, who feel entitled to do as they wish with our future."

Nodding his head at Felicia, Vlad, who went to his high chair, took some time of silence, and after that, he began thinking for ways to make a solid battle plan for the war while the members of this meeting keep their quiet and talked with each other.

Faust, who got of his chair, moved to Patrick and began telling the old Admiral about his weapons ideas, which had the old man seem interested to hear more.

After who knows how many minutes, Vlad, who was using his blood powers to stimulate his brainpower and calculating capabilities, tapped a bit on the table, gathering the people's attention to him.

"I formulated some plans to take the nobles by surprise, and in a sense, keep the bloodshed to a minimum since even those soldiers fighting for the nobles have families and dear ones. I'd rather not massacre everyone."

NIus, Patrick, and even Opheltius got up from their seats and got by Vlad's side as he started to explain. However, as soon as he tried to make a map of the capital and the region beside the city, his keen senses heard something unusual.

Nius also looked at the council room entrance with a sharp gaze while he touched the bandaged sword on his side.

The other members noticed Nius and Vlad's unusual reaction and also got vigilant.

Then with the screams of some people, who seemed to be the building guards, Pablo, and the 5 scarred men entered quickly inside the room, followed by 30 silver masked dark clothed individuals, who took something in their arms that looked like some bombs.

"YOUR EXCELLENCY, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!?" roared Pablo as he tried to stop some of the silver masked individuals from throwing their bombs at the council members.

 

A/N: Damned cliffhanger. Well, you could say it's my fault for this ending for this chapter. However, I didn't wish to rush and have a bland action for this meeting scene.

The fun part I guess, tomorrow is a posting day, so you will not die entirely from this cliffhanger.

Aside from this we finally have some numbers and can grasp what power Vlad holds in his hand (his troops) - try to compare him with the pirates of the One Piece world, what level do you see him at currently?

Respond to the question above, I really want to see what you guys think about my MC if you match him against other people of One Piece.

.

Guys if you want to support me, you can find me on webnovel and donate some stones to the story.  It's support coming from you and also a reward for me, for delivering quality content.

But if you don't wish to do that, a kind rating and review could also work here.
.
Join my discord https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD
.
Thanks for reading my story!

4