Chapter 97 – Plan to free Maisha Moriah & Arrival of the priest’s grandson
275 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 97 - Plan to free Maisha Moriah & Arrival of the priest’s grandson


The procedures of selling the merchants' goods went well, almost too well for them to believe. Each merchant was calculating in their minds the profits they made from selling the clothes or the essential utensils they brought.

However, they kept something in mind aside from having in mind their profits. They kept asking the indigenous people who came to their stalls all sorts of questions about their life, way of life, and so on. The one most active were the young soldiers masked as curious attendants of the merchants.

Soon, after almost one hour passed, the soldiers noticed Valen appearing toward the zone of the merchants with a stiff face, which already signaled many who knew him since joining the military that something went wrong.

Once Valen walked to where Velomer stall was, one of the young soldiers walked to him and asked.

"Valen, what's with you? Have you found something important?"

"Yes, there's really a lot that we haven't thought when walking here. But we'll talk once night settles down and the people here disperse, it's too crowded. to talk it now."

Ended Valen saying that to his soldier while looking next at Velomer, who talked with the Chieftain Zeke about his clothes and their story.

'Tsk, I don't have a chance to talk with Velomer, especially now that he's busy with the indigenous chief. Should I contact captain Flex and report and ask for support in getting that girl out?'

Looking around himself, he could see the warriors around the exit door of the longhouse, as if protecting it, not letting them guests out.

'No, this will endanger the mission. I still have some days to take the girl out from her prison, I just need to find a way to get inside the chieftain's private room.'

This time Valen had no chance in wandering aimlessly in the chief's private rooms. He could only assist Velomer in showing those indigenous people what goods he had stoically.

Hours passed, and night settled on the Rain Island.

Zeke, who brought many things from Velomer, especially many stylish suits from Sagletius, retreated back to his private room, followed by the warriors.

The merchant looked at Valen and his assistance and said to them.

"Pack these goods, we'll be able to sell tomorrow the rest or on the 3rd day before we get our asses back to Valor."

"Yes, sir." replied his attendants while Valen and 3 of the soldiers sticking with the fatty looked at him without showing much emotion.

They started packing while Valen walked closer to Velomer and started saying to him.

"Sir Velomer, I found some interesting information and a person who knows the deep information on this place and what secrets they could hold, however she's imprisoned."

The merchant looked with interest at Valen as he also said to him.

"Yes, I got this feeling from talking with those guys, they seem to be hiding in revealing something or talking about the priest and what is with their temple. Tell me more Valen, maybe I can help you a bit with getting access to certain locations."

Valen looked around himself to check if it was safe to tell Velomer what he found and quickly began telling the merchant about Maisha Moriah and the prison full of dead people.

"Tsk, those guys sure are barbarians. They didn't even give their dead a proper burial and left them rooted in their prison. To top if off they even chained and tortured a woman. Tsk. Tell me Valen you need to get inside the chieftain room for that key? Right?"

"That's my plan, but I still can't think of a way of getting inside the guys room and search for the keys without creating a commotion. Do you have any ideas sir?"

"Let me think young man. How many dirty things I did behind the syndicate's backs you can't even imagine. How do you think I've risen to be one of the most successful merchants inside Sun District and Sagletius overall?"

"Right, fortunately for me I managed to stay out of the syndicate's grasp and mind my own business."

"You're from the neighboring villages?"

"Yes sir, a small village around the outskirts of Kalerna Mountain. I've come to Sagletius at the day of the liberation celebrations together with my family, hoping for a better future."

"You got lucky young man. Now wait a bit and let me put my head to work."

As Velomer said that to Valen, he took a seat on a chair and stroked his fat chin for some minutes. Sometimes he would want to say something but stopped right after opening his mouth. This process took some minutes of boiling for Valen until the merchant finally said something.

"I think I know how I can get you inside his room, but it will be risky. Zeke invited us, merchants, to show us around his village tomorrow. My guess is that most of his guards will be with him, still finding us suspicious. Find a way to get inside when that event takes part."

"By the lords, I never thought you merchants could actually think of something else aside from your money. That could actually do it Velomer, once I get that girl out we'll get out of this island."

"Heh, I take it as a compliment. Well, if you excuse me, I got to calculate my profits. Imagine with how much of those black beans I got, if I sell them to those dumb nobles how much money I could get. I'll drain them out of all their penies."

Valen just smiled when hearing the merchant said that and walked back to his 3 comrades looking vigilantly at the warriors guarding the house.

"You finished your talk with Velomer? Don't tell me you caught a big fish and you're struggling to take it out from the sea?"

"Yes brother, I got a big finish that will feed us a lot. Don't ask, tomorrow I will try to take it out, I just need some help." replied Valen in a coded speech to the soldiers.

"Worry not brother, you know that we're also capable fishermen, wouldn't it be a shame if we don't help you out. Just say it and we'll jump in."

Valen nodded his head to the soldiers and turned to look sharply at the warriors who stared at them as if trying to listen to their conversation.

'Hmph, try all you want you indigenous bastards, you'll understand shit from our talk.'

Some more hours passed and Zeke walked out of his private zone of the house, wearing a white suit that matched well with his severely tanned skin and muscled body.

If he wasn't wearing the paints on his face or the indigenous accessories around his ears and neck, he couldn't be said to be someone belonging to Kaysang. Seeing Zeke walk toward him, Velomer raised up from his seat and nodded his head, impressed.

"Chief Zeke, you look just like one of our respectable people of Kaysang. Those clothes really suit you."

"Haha, you think so? I really like it." Turning to his warriors who were behind him, he said confidently.

"I told you guys that those foreigners knew how to wear their clothes, but you don't want to listen to me.

"Friend Velomer, come get some more clothes for my brothers to take a look more closely, I can't just be the only one wearing those clothes."

"Sorry chieftain but we packed our goods for tonight, however I promise that tomorrow you'll get to see something I didn't show yet."

"Heh, why are you doing this to me friend? Fine, I also promised that I will bring you around the village and let you see the views here."

-

-

-

Valen and the soldiers slept in this exhibition room on the floor, while the merchants had some beds arranged in another room close to the exhibition zone.

The cries of the roosters suddenly arrived, and the soldiers instantly jolted alive at the first cry.

"Fucking hell, I thought I was back in the camp around Kalerna. *Shaking around* Goddamn it with those roosters, it's only 5 AM why wake us so early." cried out a soldier annoyed while looking at the normal attendants who were sleeping so peacefully, a deep sleep they missed since joining the military.

"Don't wake them. Let them sleep a bit more, they had quite the work to do yesterday, from bringing the goods from Valor to arranging the packages to getting them back." said Valen while looking at the sleeping attendants.

"Sigh Valen, today's the day, huh. Have you thought about how we deal with the fish?"

"Does my face look like someone who rested well?" said Valen while rubbing his eyes awake, continuing with.

"I have it planned, we just have to go with the flow. Get 3 guys who are really sharp to be my eyes and ears while I do my thing, the other 6, you included, will act a distraction if shit happens."

"Heh, it's been a while since I've acted like a distraction. I had some of my friends haunted by Gargoyles back in the days. I had to run around the entire district to get them off my tracks. Those were goods times Valen, us people from the original zone experienced a lot of messed up shit with those criminal bastards." replied the soldier who had black hair just like Valen, however his eyes were of a dark color.

"Bors, I know I can count on you. Now all that awaits us is the waiting game."

The young soldier Bors nodded his head and got back to the floor, staring at the floor, and asked Valen who was next to him.

"Never asked you, is that woman beautiful?"

"Sigh, if she wasn't hurt by those bastards she should be comparable to lady Sofiya. But this doesn't matter for now. We have to get her out safely so we can understand what those people got behind closed doors."

"You're bullshitting Valen, how could that girl be as beautiful as lady Sofiya. Are you starting thinking with your dick nowadays? You, the future "general" of Kaysang?"

"Stop it, Bors, she is really beautiful in her own way."

"Fine, fine. I will see for myself how beautiful she is, until then I'll leave you alone."

-

-

The hours passed, and the merchants revealed their goods again to the indigenous people to Zeke's delight.

Like this, with those passing hours, a new night came for the island of rain.

Zeke had almost all the male suits brought for his warriors, even if they were trying to stop him.

The chieftain really felt nice hearing and learning that outside of Rain Island existed such an interesting kingdom.

He understood now the concept of a kingdom and about the royal family ruling the lands.

He would ask Velomer and the other merchants about the royal family with curiosity.

"Say friend, your king, is he very powerful? For him to rule such vast lands, he should be powerful right?"

"Dear chieftain, the power behind the Kaysang is the Crown Prince. His legends resound strongly in our kingdom and even on the seas, his enemies even start creating stories that he is dead."

"He is not dead? I really would wish to meet such a person that is able to create such a kingdom." said Zeke with a wishful expression that turned back to a stoic one.

"How could the Prince be dead? He is just waiting for some of his enemies to appear since he doesn't like to make his appearance known by the people.

As for you, dear chieftain, who's stopping you from checking my kingdom? You are young, in the fire of your life. Shouldn't you see the outside of your island and create a better life for your people?" asked Velomer, trying to get more close to this chieftain who looked open-minded for someone living on an isolated island.

"Sigh, I'm bound to my pledge to my ancestors' tomb. If I break my pledge the entire island and people would be doomed to endless suffering."

"Chieftain, don't you think you are exaggerating with this legend? The world is so big, the kingdom I come from is also just a small player in the entire world, what would this comparison make of your island and people?"

Zeke heard Velomer's words loud and clear and didn't get angry at the merchant, while his warriors starting to look coldly at the merchant.

"If even your grand kingdom is small, my island from what you explained to me is just like an ant to those great people."

"Chieftain take back your words, that would disrespect the ancestors." said an old man as he was entering inside the longhouse holding his golden staff and being followed by a young man walking lamely behind the elder.

Valen, who was seated around on a seat next to Velomer's stall, rose on his feet and looked at this pair of old and young with sharp eyes.

'That's him, the priest Maisha Moriah warned about. I've only seen him from a distance when we entered the village, but he behaves weirdly. Also, what about that lanky shit? He limps as if he got hurt. Could it be, he's this old man's grandson, the one Maisha stabbed and talked about.'

His reaction went unnoticed, and Zeke asked the old man with a sarcastic tone.

"Ohh, what brings you here, High Priest? Have the ancestors whispered in your ears to get your ass from your high seat and see what those friends from far away brought for us?"

"Hmph, you know the ancestors would never even look at those people. I'm here accompanying my grandson Kulubuk. Have you solved his problem?" asked the old man while staring sharply at Zeke.

Zeke clenched his fist hard and only said with some anger when staring at the boy and old man.

"Not now, can't you see I have guests. Kulubuk can get inside once I take my guests around the village."

"No, I want to see her now."

Zeke frowned even harder, just like how Valen did when he heard that guy say that.

Meanwhile, the chieftain was stared coldly by the High Priest, then turned to the merchants saying to them.

"Guests, should we start walking a bit around the village? There's plenty to see, come."

The merchants noticed this cold atmosphere between Zeke and the old man and could only nod their heads. Before leaving, Velomer stared at Valen, who looked coldly at the guy next to the old man, yet still followed behind Zeke, leaving the attendants inside the longhouse along with the soldiers and some of Zeke's warriors.

The old man nodded his head in a pleased manner and said something in his dialect toward one of the guards, who bowed their head heavily.

"Just leave Kulubuk to do as he wishes with that Moriah little slut. Kulubuk, you can do whatever you wish to that girl but don't kill her, she will serve as a good sacrifice for our ancestors."

The young man nodded his head and responded to the old man with a grin.

"Don't worry grandfather, after she humiliated me back then, I will no longer tarnish your reputation. The Moriahn's are dead, and we Quartzel will rule this lands guided by the ancestors."

"Haha, I'm glad to hear that grandson. Go, follow the warriors down the dungeon and enjoy your time. Grandpa has some things to settle for the ceremony tomorrow and can't watch that little whore scream in pain."

Staring back at the warriors who remained inside the longhouse, he said in the indigenous dialect.

"See that no one interrupts Kulubuk down in the dungeon. All noise to be ignored. Also keep Zeke's men out from the dungeon area for some hours."

The warriors hit their chest and bowed to the old man.

"Yes, High Priest. Your words are the ancestors' messages."

One warrior went to Zeke's inner rooms and came back with many keys and after that moved toward the path the prison was located, followed by some more guards and the young man.

Seeing all of this, the old man laughed creepily, and before leaving, he turned to Valen and the soldiers along with the assistance and said something in his local language.

"Enjoy your time for one more day you foreigner ants, tomorrow is the day you'll meet the ancestors in the ceremony. Everything is set in motion, my men already scouted your ship and how many men you got, it will be a matter of time before they are taken down."

However, to Valen and the rest, what the old man said were just weird sounds they couldn't understand at all. Yet the young soldier suddenly had the hairs on his body spike as if something terrible was going to happen.

'What is going on? Why do I get this chilly feeling, as if something bad will happen?'

 

Morpheus's Note: More reveals on the indigenous people and the High Priest plans. Also with a conflict brewing between the priest and chieftain in the shadows?

Clearly, they have their own agenda and struggles similar to Kaysang.

-

But what now? What will the young soldier, Valen, or the merchants do in this situation? I'll let you guys found out with the next chapters.

-

Bonus chapter at [225/350] powerstones - two more days. You're close, better than the last two weeks. (this is on webnovel)

-

Join my discord https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

6