Arc 1-1
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Important Disclaimers:

1) This story is set in the RWBY, which is owned by Monty Oum & Rooster Teeth. Thanks for letting me use it. (Not like they care considering the amount of fanfictions.)

2) I will follow canon as closely as I can. If I find something that canon does not cover, I will make stuff up. If canon then refutes me, I will revise. Do not bother me with fanon; corrections require citations. Though I don't mind divergence-- Oh, before I forget it, I sure wouldn't follow vol-4.

3) I welcome criticism of my works, but if you tell me that something is wrong, I also expect an explanation of what is wrong and a suggestion of how to fix it. Note that I do not promise to follow any given suggestion.

4.) Expect deaths of minor & major casts.

5.) Explicit NSFW or NTR is not something I'll put in here, minor cussing, memes and romance is relatively possible. Let's keep this rated [ T ] shall we?

6.) Monty? What monty? Mc doesn't know Rwby.

7.) English isn't my native language and it could be visible in my writing, so do excuse my lack of knowledge regarding vocabulary and etc. Mistakes often happen and I'm just one man.

8.) This is for the sake entertainment and I dnt't earn profits from this work other than the entertainment and improvements for my literacy. 

9.) (An: Oh... boy, this will be a long but last one. Anyway, this is a copy pasted message)
----
Some red flags I look for in SI's to determine if they are worth it:
* Is there a ROB? Is the ROB irrelevant to the plot?
* Does the character avoid changing things despite the clear need to?
* Are canon events railroaded? For instance does the SI have inexplicable attacks of amnesia about critical (and unforgettable) plot points?
* Is the SI needlessly cruel and uncaring, or immediately emotionally infatuated with canon characters. More importantly is this portrayed as good? (For instance Prison of Glass has both of these, but it's portrayed as a creepy almost alien characteristic)
* Is the SI handed OP powers without meaningful effort, or commensurate challenges? Even worse does the character then avoid using those powers because the author needs to keep canon on track? I don't mind OP SI's, but the author needs to actually consider the consequences, and still give meaningful challenges. It helps a lot if they have to earn their powers in story instead of being granted them flat out.
* Is the SI a pathetic loser / goal-less cheerleader / superhero who complains about how hard being awesome is?
* Is it lacking a strong initial conflict / inherent drama? This usually isn't hard to have, since Canon provides it. However I've read several SI's where the initial premise undoes the basic conflict.
* Does the author understand grammar and spellcheck? Okay, not really SI specific.

Generally it seems that hitting the right emotional points with an SI is particularly difficult. For instance the SI should reasonably be upset about losing their old life, but not to the point of uselessness or annoyance. Complaining too much about having superpowers in a fantasy world just makes them seem ungrateful. The character should also grow to have significant emotional connections to the new world.

----
( /O .o)/

So..
Yeah,
  challenge accepted.

____ Stat Sheet ____ or... auxiliaries I guess.

Alexander O. Camillá.

Overall Rating: 0.

_Power Lists_

Passive:

1.) ???

Active:

1. ) ???

  -ParaMeters-
Master- 0
Mover- 0
Brute- 0
Trump- 0
Tinker- 0
Thinker- 0
Stranger - 0
Striker- 0
Shaper- 0
Breaker- 0
Blaster- 0

_Classification-Tiers_

(Paranormal Humans.

Humans or Entities that has access to supernatural abilities or capabilities above human standards. )

0
Standard level by its respective race (Wildlife & Humans etc.) That may or may not pose a threat to a mundane person.

1
Poses a threat only just above human norms, an unexceptional individual may be able to cope with the ability or walk away unharmed from an altercation where the abilities in question were leveraged. The ability should be assumed to be a nonthreat and need not be identified if other matters prove more pressing.
2
An alert, exceptional, well equipped, and/or trained individual should be able to answer or address the ability in question, but it can prove problematic. Team members are reminded of standard countermeasures and should put these measures in effect when there are no pressing other matters
3
Civilians, even alert or fit civilians, will not be able to handle the ability or abilities in question. Several trained individuals may be required to deal with the situation. Protocol suggests that care should be taken to remove civilians from the area and discourage them from participating.
4
One full squad of trained operatives should be able to deal with this situation alone, but exceptional circumstance, context and environment may bias things one way or the other.
5
Additional countermeasures come into effect. A typical parahuman and/or one parahuman assisting a squad of operatives should be able to deal with the power in question. Operatives can engage until assistance arrives.
6
A typically trained parahuman and/or one parahuman assisting a squad of operatives should be able to deal with the power in question. Operatives should postpone engagement. Parahumans and operatives should assume that traditional actions are going to be met by a complication. Acquiring further intel recommended where possible, but not mandated.
7
Parahumans should engage in pairs or trios at a minimum, two fully equipped squads should be deployed. Acquiring further intel is mandated, all acting parties should shift to the defensive or delay until intel can be acquired.
8
Evacuation of civilians should take priority for all squad members. Engaging should be avoided outside of specific missions and tasks. Capes should engage only when supported by their team to ensure a minimum of complications or danger.
9
Assume extreme complications, with standard tactics not applying, or the power in question having an additional factor that exaggerates its effect. Capes and PRT should evacuate where possible, and should only engage when a specific mission and strategy has been outlined. Major countermeasures should take effect.
10+
In the event of a serious confrontation, additional teams or specific high-rated individuals should be called in to manage the crisis. In the categories themselves, parahumans fall into the following classifications, with the following countermeasures:

---
NOW!
Without further ado~
Let's continue where we left.
---

Day # 001

Location# ??? (Unknown Forest).
World# Remnant.
____

"Wha..what...?"

Shock and bemusement overwhelmed my laidback expression as I vividly remember my body sucked inside the computer.

My pounding headache and aching eyes worsened and intensified by the bright lights of my surroundings, every movement struck a nauseating sensation  and my head weighed tons of kilos,  did nothing but sends unpleasant motion.

I stumbled precariously as I managed to catch myself midway, keenly aware that I'm temporarily blinded & concussed by the kaleidoscopic effects. I refuse to fall defenceless in an unknown environment.

But base on the disturbing sensations in my naked foot, I curled my toes for a good measure as I felt the... familiar and ticklish sensation of pebbles, and moisty grass.

While the nature itself brought shivers down 'n my spine, I suppress the urge of showing my displeasure out of spite.

Gritting my teeth in frustrations.

I pause and crouched for stability to avoid falling over the place, at some point. I sat down my bum after confirming that I've removed the rocks, etc that'll poke my arse.

Few minutes passed by, my blurred vision slowly regains its vitality but my headache has yet to recede. If anything, it still hurt like a bitch as if I've just awoken from a nighty hangover. Concussion? Perhaps, but unlikely, it's more akin to insomnia than anything else.

The sun's gaze was blinding, and blissful chirps met my ears as the cool breeze swept my hair. My eyes widen at the recognition of such greenery now that I blurry figures fixed themselves.

I shakily stood as I took a careful assessment of my predicament.

And I did NOT, like the implication.

I step back for a good measure as trees, leaves, bushes and trees were all my eyes could see, and any justification of being a dream and hallucination was shattered by the earthy scent and lifelike sensations of nature.

Forest

But most of all... they all look like CGI or something that I've seen in LOL cinematic videos from YouTube, the only difference is that they are 3 dimensional and at higher quality.

I was... mortified for the lack of better words, frozen stiff and utterly speechless at the sudden change of my environment.

"..Where am I?" I muttered hoarsely, voice unused for long hours felt dry and sore.

But more than that, I'm more concerned about what to do, I, for one. Live(d) a sheltered life, now Shanghai'd in the wilderness, I was left without manuals on what to do.

'I... I don't know what to do.' I thought inwardly.

"What... w-what am I supposed to do?" I ask desperately like a damsel in distress but unlike those fictitious books.

Nobody came.

Standing idly at the surprisingly spacious area, I look around to gather further information worthy to note off, I was after all.

The woods and leaves are healthy, with barely any damage by the elements. Colourful and unnaturally humongous (by my standards) flora suggests that wildlife such as mountain lion, etc are in the vicinity.
While I could spot wild mushrooms here and there, my lack of in-depth foraging meant that identifying what's not or is poisonous is rather unsettling.

I know very well that nature is a harsh mistress.

Dehydration.
Desensitization.
Starvation.
Elements.
Wildlife.
Stroke.
And bugs.

Lots and lots of bugs, now that I think about it, there are no mosquitoes- but that doesn't mean other insects isn't a problem.

And I have no sustenance,  survival kit or protection.

Lovely.

With great effort than I would like to admit, I shakily began to walk. One step at a time. as I try to restore my equilibrium. Mostly out of wariness, confusion and a little bit of fear 

Honestly panicking wouldn't do anything at this point so... so...

I pause at that.

'What am I supposed to do?' I repeatedly questioned with distress that's overwhelmed by my sheer confusion. Right now, home is the least of my priority, at least in a short term.

This phenomenon of mine is no work of mankind, probably by God or whatever entities that seek entertainment in my suffering. I have no delusion like having an impossible goal such as tweaking space-time to return back in my homeland. 

Ridiculous I know-- but there's no other way that could explain my situation.

I've read enough fanfiction-ahem. Pop cultures,  but that widespread Isekai didn't prepare me for this fiasco. And trusting my life with fictitious sources is a first step towards a coffin.

Honestly, I'm utterly clueless, helpless and my chances of survival aren't even funny. Humor could only last so far before I eventually break.

Clearly, that I'll have to motivate myself to not fall into depression, and what better motivation is there other than having ideal figures or someone to look up to improve my chances of survival?

Great for the morale and practicality, Mat pat would be proud, heh.

'What would 'Cinema Summary' and Mat pat' would do?' I thought intently, as my focus's drowned in the abyss of memories.

If I remembered correctly, there are few episodes (Alice in Borderlands, Battle royale 1, etc) in 'Cinema summary' that's worth noting and trying.

Technically, they're more or less legit, so I could perhaps replicate their advise  to improve my survival.

And if I couldn't, then I'm a goner. Documentaries is not something I often watch so there's a big chance that I missed a lot of steps. 

What? I'm a cultured teenager who watches infographic documentaries.

I nervously giggle at that, I'm aware how deadly serious my situation is, and I'm aware of the consequences once I mishandled them. But working with alleviated pressure is always a warm welcome now that I'm... transported or teleported in this forest. 

Although I'm not particularly sure if I'm also trapped in a typical isekai or the game- considering that I was sucked in the middle of my gameplay, along with that I was engulfed by bright lights that came from my screen no less.

Then It's... likely, bloody hell. There's no point in thinking in 'why'or 'how' Alex!

Get a grip already!

But... the question itself has merits, perhaps. I WAS sucked into the game...maybe. wow, I'm getting dizzy just from thinking things.

"That doesn't bode well..." I muttered as I shakily inhaled a mouthful glob of oxygen, in an attempt to calm my nerves.

At least I finally stop shivering like a rabbit.

If... If I was somehow sucked into the world of Rune-Terra then my chances of survival are very slim, because not only I lack an in-depth understanding of the Game lore and geography.

But there are also powerful individuals, wildlife and organisations,  Riot's music & cinematic videos have explicitly implied that there will be constant wars and bloodshed.

Not just in nations but also nature.

Ahri was one good example-- or the jungle creeps and fiddlesticks. They may be cute, but those munchkins wouldn't hesitate to eat me or my soul.

Let's see... I'm now trapped in a feudal society of low-high fantasy setting, a Grimderp world where most characters are more likely to kill me than help me and I'm left here with nothing but my clothing and... yeah, I'm not seeing myself getting out alive.

And I'm not even considering the local monsters... no no no, why am I even deluding myself on such a thing.

Magic? Isekai? Hah!

Ridiculous. All of this is just baseless speculation without solid evidence, but... it is good to have motivation. Besides, even if their existence is there.

I doubt an earthling could even access given the difference of evolutionary lines.

Food for thoughts.

Dang, I need my beauty rest, more headaches and exhaustion is the last thing I need. Hol' dap.

Moon

"What the fuck happened to the moon?"

I cussed out loud in disbelief, any form of delusions and what little confidence I have left was shattered in a million pieces at an instant.

The moon... was shattered, and base on the angles of its missing chunks of debris, it was manmade. Blasted away by either Technology or Magic.

I could be denial If I want to, but deluding myself even for the sake of moral upheaval is no use at the tell tale signs of monsters of such calibres.

Destroying a part of moon? Yeah, A relatively Planetary level bullshit is enough sign that I'm not in earth anymore.

Worse, the inhabitants here has a fire power to curb stump my homeland. And even if I do find a way out in this place, I'm not confident enough if I could even deny the inhabitants of this world a way path towards my world.

And unlike the fanfiction, I doubt that I'll have a positive interaction with aliens.

I fell to the ground with an audible thud, my head felt woozy and my vision went blurry, I wipe the stinging sensation in my eyes with the sleeve of my jacket as my expression was veiled with indifference, coldness and perhaps... resignation at the fact that I'm left helpless at the hands of fate itself.

It was... a nightmare in and itself.

*Rustle*

I freeze at the sudden rustle.

...something just moved in my peripheral vision.
____

"Fear the Unknown...

When you say fear the unknown, that is the definition of fear; fear is the unknown, fear is what you do not know, and it is genetically within us so that we feel safe.

We feel scared of the woods because we're not familiar with it, and that keeps you safe." -M. Night Shyamalan.

____

Okay... Q/A time!

Why was he overthinking things especially about his current predicament?

Well... for one, before he was transported, he's already under the grasp of caffeine induce and insomnia. Sleep-deprived and disoriented which affected his decision making.

The situation itself is already apparent that he got isekai'd, why didn't he recognize the iconic moon you might ask?

For one, he wasn't much of a geek regarding anime or game lores itself other than the well-known Dbz, naruto & etc, that is widespread and iconic in the media.

Why would he assume he's in Runeterra? Well... it's more of a baseless attempt to find justification and equilibrium. And to be fair, his brain isn't working at its tip-top shape.

Not when he is already sleep-deprived, mentally exhausted and disoriented before the displacement.

It's hard to... express a panicky insomniac and/or exhausted person unwillingly placed in an unfamiliar environment from what he's used to.

I did my best to portray a confused teenager trying his best to make sense of his situation. Oh well, see you, readers!

Btw I wrote these at 2:23 AM~

So...Don't be surprised if you find it a bit jarring. Also, expect a single quote per chapter.[/author]

1