Chapter 5
555 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a steep one-way cliff road. Three men and 1 woman carry a large bag equipped with camping equipment walking on steep hills. The weather that was getting cloudy slowly changed to light rain.

"H-hey, is it still far?" said Lincoln. 

"A few more kilometers. You see that ..." Ronney said, pointing to a sign that reads the rest area on top of a cliff.

"After passing the sign, we are close to the waterfall where we camped"

"If I'm not mistaken, this is the third time you've said that you're close." Lincoln said, rolling his eyes in protest.

"Ha ha ha really, but this time I'm serious. Ok." Ronney gave his thumb without looking at him.

"who would have thought that the weather could change drastically like this." Lincoln heard Robert's voice behind me and then he turned towards him.

A large, 180cm tall man walked side by side with a 160cm tall woman named Margaret. They and Ronney are his club mates. They were together in the nature lovers club back in their second year of junior high school a half years ago. And this is their first time hiking after three months of preparations.

What Robert said was true. Who would have thought that when all went well, the weather would start to change and end the way it is now. Halfway toward the campsite, rain began to fall, making the path to the campsite muddy and slippery. Plus, the equipment we brought made the trip even more difficult.

When Robert and Margaret were complaining, Ronney's voice came from the front.

"Come on. We'll be there in a minute. Be careful, the road ahead is a little slippery."

After walking a few meters, Lincoln felt the wind blow hard at him, sending him pushed back. He try to maintain his balance by holding one leg back. But because of the big bag on the shoulder and the road is slippery, he slipped and started slumping toward the cliff. Lincoln started to panic trying to grab something for a hold but couldn't find anything. He also began to fall from the edge of the cliff as high as five meters. Ronney and Robert reached out to try to grab him, and Margaret fell to a seat after being hit by Robert when he trying to grab Lincoln hand. That's the last thing Lincoln saw before he passed out and fell unconscious.

Lincoln opened his eyes.

Uh ... Where ... na. Ughh ... Was that a dream? I don't sleep so that's not a dream, but why suddenly I remembered the incident at that time. Homesick? Ha ha ha... No way, right? 

"Good morning!" said Adelia.

"Morning..."

"Emily, there's no one in the bathroom. You can use it right away. And I've prepared breakfast. Don't forget to eat." there's only two of you, is there any need to tell her that? 

"Yes..." and you, wake up already. 

Emily has been living with Adelia for two days. For now, Emily is sleeping in Adelia's room. With the reason Adelia feels lonely and wants to be accompanied by Emily. The real reason is so that I can continue reading quietly in my room. After several trials, the maximum distance between my Body and my Core is ten meters. So even though Adelia uses my Core necklace, I can still connect with my Body if Adelia doesn't go too far from the cave. This way I could shut myself up in the room (now called the Skeleton Storehouse) without making Emily suspicious.

And lately there has been elementless magic which I have been seriously studying. Namely [Telepathy], with this two-way telepathic magic I can continue to communicate with Adelia despite the presence of other people around. Since this magic goes both ways, it's enough for me to use magic so that Adelia can talk to me. And the method is quite easy, just by making two diagrams for me and for Adelia and connecting them with the cable made of mana which creates an invisible telephone network.

Why would I learn this magic if I only wanted to talk to Adelia? Because starting today, Adelia has officially joined Emily's adventurous team and has started to work on missions. Like the agreement Adelia and Emily had agreed on. Emily will act as the owner of the archer slave Adelia who has the ability to summon skeleton magic. And I was in charge of being Adelia's skeleton warrior familiar.

Adventurer's Guild. A name that is familiar to Earth people, especially people who like to read Fantasy Novels. And what was in the novel was not that different from the real Guild. Adventurer Rank starts at E. And adventurers must have passed an entrance test to obtain that Rank. Now Emily is a Rank E adventurer. However, because Emily is adventuring with a colleague who has a higher Rank, Emily can take on missions with a higher difficulty level. As before, Emily takes on a mission to find a plant that can only be found in the Lost Forest. Where it should be in such a dangerous place, it should be at least at C level mission or D which corresponds to Pato and Dole's Rank. who ended up badly.

Like what Garius said to Adelia that every adventurer must be ready to take the risk of his job. And Adelia understands the risks, so do I. But hey, when else can I go on an adventure in another world, a place where there is magic so no wonder if I meet a dragon. Fuuu ... Just imagining it makes me excited. But where is Adelia, it's been an hour since she disappeared. Even though Emily was waiting for her in the living room.

"Sorry to wait! Hehehe ..."

"Mo ... I thought your legs were shaking and too scared to come with me to the Guild."

"Haha yes, to be honest, I'm still a little afraid when I remember this slave mark."

"I told you, take it easy. There's me right there. I'm Emily Steinsburg, daughter of Douglas Steinsburg, a noble in the Eldia Kingdom. If I say okay, I'll be the guarantee"

(Ehh ... What did she just say? Noble daughter? I've never heard of this. Hey Adelia!)

(Ooh oohh I forgot, hehehe)

(Don't hehehe to me, explain !)

According to the information from Adelia that she told via [Telepathy], Emily was indeed a noble daughter, the third daughter of noble Douglas Steinsburg. However, because Emily is the third child. She couldn't become the successor of the Steinsburg family and decided to go on an adventure. Even though her family doesn't mind all of that, Emily still wants to be independent without depending on her peerage. And not everyone knows that she is a noble, ever since Emily became an adventurer, only Adelia knew.

(So ​​she kept it a secret ...)

(Is there any problem?)

(Ah, no. I hope it's just my thoughts that are too much.)

Noble, just hearing this name is like a problem. And sure enough, half of the nobles in the Eldia Kingdom were related to the Goddess Astra Church. Hope all will be well.

°°°

*Bone Clashing.

The sound of bones clashing accompanied the two humans and Lich. As long as skeletons don't wear cloaks and have crystals on their chest, they will think of them as normal skeletons. There will be no human who will associate him with Lich. Still, the appearance of the skeleton carrying baggage will always be the center of attention. Like this time.

Emily looks like an adventurer with a sword on her waist and Adelia who looks like an archer with a big bow on her back walking side by side followed by a skeleton carrying supplies such as tents and cooking utensils has been the center of attention since passing through the village gate of Galm.

Yes, Galm village. After three days of traveling. We arrived at a nearby village. To get through the village gate check, Emily simply gave her adventurer ID card and paid the taxes for entry, slave and summon. After paying three types of taxes, Emily was given a necklace to indicate that I (skeleton warrior) was tame. After passing through the village gate, a new problem arose. There were hardly any inns that accepted monsters. The only inn is the luxury inn in the eastern part of the village called Sunset Inn. By paying ten pieces of silver per day, adventurers were given a room and two meals for morning and evening. After putting supplies at the inn, Emily and Adelia went to the Adventurer's Guild to report the success of their mission and didn't forget to take a mission.

After entering the Adventurer's Guild, the atmosphere that had been busy talking about adventurers suddenly became silent. But that didn't bother Emily, who kept walking towards the cashier. The mission that Emily had previously taken was to collect Dragon Grass, a type of plant that only grows in the interior of the Lost Forest which is used as an ingredient for making intermediate poison-fighting potions. Emily can complete the mission because Garius has a supply of plants in his space ring. After reaching the cashier, Emily gave Adelia a hint that she took out the Dragon Grass from the space ring she was currently wearing.

"I-how can I help you?" a woman in her twenties said. After glancing at the tattoo of the slave in Adelia's hand and glancing at the skeleton behind Emily, the cashier gave a smile to Emily who approached the cashier. Judging from his unchanging expression even in front of monsters, this cashier is a pro.

"I want to complete a mission. This is my adventurer card."

"Hmm ... I'll check it, please wait a moment." Carrying Emily's adventurer card, the cashier left the counter and went inside. After a while the cashier returned with several scraps of paper in her hand.

"Miss Emily, Pato and Dole?"

"Ah, Pato and Dole are gone. So it's just me."

"Sorry. But considering the mission that was taken-"

"Ah it's fine, but I hope I don't want to talk about it"

"Uhum, all right, but I have to write the report if any fellow adventurers have fallen. Can you testify for the deaths of Pato and Dole? "

"Yeah, sure. This is their adventurer card, and this is three bunches of Dragon Grass. Is there anything missing?"

"Hold on, three bunches of Dragon Grass ... That's right, and these are two declarations of adventurer's death, Miss can sign here and we'll be done."

Emily read the death declaration briefly and signed it.

"I hereby testify ... On behalf of Emily. Ok, I have signed the letter."

"Yes, this is a reward for this mission, and thank you."

After receiving a receipt and reward for completing the mission, Emily and Adelia move to the place to take the mission.

13