Chapter 6
450 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the western part of Lost Forest, a tent stands beside a bonfire. Adelia is seen hugging the skull head and an open book in front of her. Garius in the form of a necklace can turn books with [Magic Hand] magic easily, and the skull head functions as his eyes.

Adelia and Emily are on a mission, and currently they have completed several missions. In order to complete the mission they were used to spending their nights camping out like they are now. And just like the night before, Adelia would be on guard against wild beasts that could come at any time, before being replaced by Emily a few hours later.

*Sigh ~ Adelia's breath caught Garius' attention. Right now Adelia is not like usual. In front of the fire, staring blankly, you could see Adelia was not with him at that time.

(You're unusual today, what's wrong?)

(Hmm? Ah ... I was just thinking what if I get an owner that I can serve with all my heart.)

(Don't you hate being a slave.)

(Yes, maybe because I've been a slave since I was a child. In the language of slaves there is a difference between being forced, and choosing to serve. Do you understand?)

(Frankly, no.) Garius was never a slave, so he doesn't know how to think of a slave.

(Fufufu yeah that's how it is, only slaves understand.)

(You think things like that, is there anyone you want to serve ?.)

(Secret Fufufu.)

(Uh ... Wouldn't it be better if you gave up your slave status and removed the tattoo.)

(Yeah, I just have to pay the fee, I don't know, I can't decide yet ...)

"Adelia ..." at that time Emily came out of the tent, rubbing her eyes.

"Yes, what is it. Now is not the time for you to watch"

"I can not sleep." Emily sat next to Adelia and Adelia gave her a glass of milk.

"Thank you."

"Is something bothering you."

"Yes. Yesterday I got a letter from my father. He said my sister would be graduating from school soon and asked if I wanted to go to school."

"then what do you think."

"I've learned to be a knight and I have no talent for magic. So it looks like I'll reject it." After hearing the magic word, Garius began to sharpen his hearing.

(Hmm ... If there is a magic school that means there will be a lot of knowledge about magic that I have never known.)

"H-hey Emily, are there any shops selling books on magic?" After hearing Garius, Adelia asked Emily.

"Hmm .. Are you interested in magic. Of course there is, but the price is very expensive. If you want to study, you can go to the library or ... School."

"Isn't it that not everyone can go to school."

"Actually anyone can go to school, it's just the cost ..." and of course only the nobles or merchants with a lot of money could afford to pay the fees.

"Is it that expensive?"

"To be clear, I don't know because my father takes care of everything. But I've heard about two hundred gold per year." and to graduate the students will attend three years of lessons. So a total of six hundred gold. In any world it seems like money is always a problem sigh ~

Wait a minute, Drein supports himself by selling potions at BlackMarket. Can I do the same?

(Ugh, just thinking about it gives me a headache. Adelia try asking Emily if adventurers can sell potions.)

"Hmm? Alchemists will go to the drugstore if they want to sell potion after the potion is declared safe. But if the Alchemist already has a certificate, they can sell their product anywhere."

After hearing that he would need an Alchemist certificate, Garius fell silent. When Garius digests the information he just received. The morning sun began to appear, Adelia and Emily began tidying up their camping gear.

°°°

"Adelia, I found it." Adelia looks where Emily is looking and finds the purpose of their current mission. The four meter tall monster was shaped like a human who stood on two legs, was blue and carried a tree trunk as a weapon. Trolls.

Adelia opened the package containing the bones and put them on the ground. After casting a fake spell, a two meter high skeleton appeared before them. But this skeleton looked different than usual. The skeleton carrying the sword and shield was replaced with a black robed skeleton carrying a six foot long magic wand.

*Ssshhh 

Emily with her eyes wide open sighed. Then say.

"A-Adelia, are you sure this monster is under your control?"

"Of course ... Are you ready?" Emily nodded her head and drew her sword.

"Let me take his attention, and you attack from a distance. We'll start at the count of three, one, two now!"

Emily slid towards the Troll and swung the sword at the Troll waist. Emily got Wounds the Troll with a surprise attack and forces the Troll to turn around and look at her so that now Adelia and Garius are behind the Troll. Once they were in their respective positions, Adelia and Garius began launching attacks.

When Adelia fired a few arrows from the side and Garius immobilize the Troll. Emily could easily dodge the tree trunks that were swinging at her from time to time. At first everything went smoothly, but it didn't take long for them to realize that the Troll's skin was so tough that Adelia's arrows were unable to penetrate its defenses.

After 15 minutes Emily started to look tired. When compared to the stamina of humans and trolls, of course trolls will come out to be champions. In addition to the Troll's strong self-healing ability, the wound on the waist that Emily had given it had begun to close, making things worse every minute.

(At this rate we will lose. Looks like I have to do something. Adelia, you aim for the eyes.)

Garius started to approach the Troll without releasing his [Magic Hand] magic. Because the Trolls were still after Emily. Garius arrives behind the Troll safely. When the tree trunk is swung downwards, the Troll will take a few seconds to lift it back up. After Garius saw the opening he immediately jumped to its back and used [Soul Absorption].

After the Troll realized what was happening, the Troll began swinging its arms over its back to free itself from Garius. As the Troll started to struggle, Garius put all of his strength to cling to the Troll's back. And a few minutes later the troll started like running out of battery and started to kneel down and then fell forward with its face down.

Emily avoided the Troll's body which had collapsed slightly on her side, then thrust her sword into the Troll's neck. After making sure the Troll was dead, Garius released his magic and started to stand up. Adelia also walked over.

"Phew ~ This monster is very strong. Luckily there is Garius." Adelia said, making Emily turn her head with a question mark on her face.

"Garius? You mean this skeleton?"

"Eh ..." when she realized her mistake, for a moment Adelia didn't know what to say.

"Will everyone who has summoning magic give a name to the monster he summons." Emily shook her head.

"Eh ... Ah, that's right. Hahaha. Introduce, this is Garius." Adelia breathed a sigh of relief at the misunderstanding.

"Let's take the core and end this mission."

"let's go!" Adelia jumped following Emily who then used her sword to open the troll's chest to take the core. As usual Garius just stood there watching them. But looking at the current mission, Garius has something he wants to say.

(Adelia, looks like the mission this time is too difficult for a mission with difficulty D level. I can't imagine if I didn't have [Soul Absorption] magic.)

(Yes, I think it's like that too, I'm afraid Emily is too pushy.)

(You'd better discuss this with her.)

(Mm Ok. And sorry I said earlier.)

(I don't mind if she finds out. After all this time, I think she's someone to trust.)

Adelia pauses for a moment after hearing Garius, Adelia is worried about their relationship. If Emily finds out about Garius, will they stay as usual or Emily will stay away. Adelia also didn't want to lie to Emily forever. But when she found out that someone else would know Garius, Adelia felt like she was losing something.

On their way home, they returned to camp in the same place to continue their journey the next day. In front of the campfire after dinner. Adelia started talking to Emily.

"Emily, I want to talk."

"Um, what's the matter, looks very serious."

"Yes because this is something important."

"Ok." Emily, who was sitting next to Adelia, turned her body towards her so that their eyes met. And Garius sat on the other side of Adelia.

"Ahem. First, let me introduce you one more time. This is my friend Garius."

Garius looks at her and says.

"Greetings." as Garius spoke, Emily opened her eyes wide and took a deep breath. 

*Shhhh ...

"Hello? Emily? Are you all right?" Adelia is worried about Emily's statue-like state and starts looking alternately at Emily and Garius.

After a few minutes, Emily calmed down and said.

"I'm Emily Steinsburg, nice to meet you." and stuck out one hand which Garius accepted and they shook hands. 

8