Chapter 7
370 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the western part of the Lost Forest, two adventurers were assisted by skeletons to clean up their camping equipment. After that, they began to continue their journey to hand over the Troll core as their current mission.

After Emily and Garius' introduction last night, Adelia and Emily have become closer than ever. Without any secrets, they chatted until morning with Garius as the topic. Garius can hear questions like 'how did you meet', 'how long did you know', or 'what does he like to eat' accompanied by laughter. Why does Garius only listen and not get involved in the conversation? it was Emily's idea. According to Emily, Garius as a man should not be involved in female conversations and Garius is required to stay overnight as punishment for pretending to be a summoned creature.

Garius doesn't mind, it is precisely because of this that Garius can return to his research with magic circles. After today's mission Garius realized that he still lacked a lot. If only for low level monsters their team composition would be sufficient, but for monsters with great endurance, they did not have the ability to cause large scale damage. After observing the previous mission Garius can see that they don't have the ability to get into higher ranks. Never mind getting up to rank S, they still have a hard time completing class D missions.

From the magic circle research that Garius does at every opportunity, Garius has found several important points in magic. Although everything is still in the speculation stage, there are certain points that Garius would like to explore further.

The Lich Core on his chest was confirmed to be a Magic Tool. Garius found several magic circles that he recognized on the outside of his crystal cores, such as:

- Mana Gathering

Serves to draw mana from around to be stored in the Core.

- Mana Storage

Serves to prevent the stored mana from leaking out. 

- Mana Converter

Serves to change ordinary mana into (Dark) attribute.

And for the inside, only the Soul Lock (serves to bind the spirit) magic circle that Garius recognized because he found a similar image in Drein's notes. Only a few details are different so you wouldn't know the difference if you didn't look carefully. From the magic circle, Garius suspects that the success of the Lich Awakening ritual was simply a coincidence.

If you look at their current abilities. The fastest way to raise the quality of their team is the Magic Tool. Garius is also thinking of teaching Adelia and Emily some magic. And for that, Garius will discuss further with them.

"Adelia, Emily."

"" Yes? ""

"After this mission is complete, I want to return to the cave in the Lost Forest. And I have something to talk to you about."

"Wow that looks so serious." Adelia exchanged glances with Emily.

"Hmm .. I thought so too. With the new members in the team, there must be adjustments in the way we fight." said Emily, placing her index finger on her chin.

"Yes, that's one of them. But before that there was something I needed. How much money do I have ?." Garius said to Adelia who seemed confused.

"Eh ... Umm for a moment, about 20 pieces of silver." like what Garius and Adelia agreed, every reward from the mission, Adelia's share will be divided in two for Adelia and Garius.

"Umu looks like enough, I need this." said Garius while giving Adelia a list of ingredients he needed.

"Okay, Leave it to me !." answered Adelia, while Emily, who was watching, furrowed her brows.

"You ..." like husband and wife, what Emily wanted to say. But she didn't continue. And started walking after Adelia and Garius who were already in front.

After clearing their mission at the Adventurer's Guild and shopping for some necessities, they continued on their way to the Lost Forest.

°°°

"Okay, without further ado I'll get to the point. As you can see, when we fought the Trolls I saw there were a few things that needed to be fixed." opened Garius, after getting attention from Adelia and Emily he then continued.

"I will not talk about mistakes in mission selection, because I also lack experience with the characteristics of monsters and how to deal with them. For that I will study it further. What I want to talk about is how to raise the quality of our team. In the meantime, what if. you learn magic ?. "

"Eh~ .. Magic?" "Ugh .." Adelia and Emily reacted simultaneously when they heard Garius' question.

"Is there a problem? If there is I would like to hear your opinion."

"I'm not good at magic." Emily replied, and Adelia "I can't use magic without the owner's permission. And after the death of my owner, This tattoo leaves me unable to control mana. "

"I see. Umu.. fine then, give me a few days to find another way. If you have any ideas, don't hesitate to give me input."

"Looks like we need money, which is a lot ?." asked Emily.

"But we become adventurers to make money." Adelia protested.

"Hahaha you both are right. But there is nothing wrong with increasing our abilities. As the saying goes, 'sharpening an ax does not make chopping a tree longer'."

"Interesting adage, but what does that mean?"

asked Adelia.

"That means, if we can complete Rank S missions, the rewards will be even greater." replied Emily.

"I see. But how do you complete the S class mission?"

"If you can kill a troll with one arrow, the class S mission will be easy too." replied Emily.

Seeing the conversation between Adelia and Emily, Garius can only shake his head.

"All right, while you guys can complete the class E mission. I'll let you know when I've found a way." so Garius got up from his seat and entered his room. And Adelia and Emily only answered with 'Yes' while continuing their conversation.

In the room, Garius put his groceries on the table. Because the space ring is used by Adelia to store camping equipment. Garius moves all the items in the space ring into his room.

°°°

Magic Circle are symbolic representations of information using visualization techniques. No one knows where these symbols come from. Many speculations and rumors are circulating without being able to prove the truth. But some people say this symbol is a gift from God.

When humans use magic, they draw magic circle in their minds with the help of spells to make it easier to draw more complex magic circle. When a set of symbol is put together, the symbol will turn into a magic circle. Once the magic circle is supplied with mana, the magic circle will create a phenomenon. This final process is called realizing magic.

The Magic Tool was created by imitating the human process of using magic. With three stages, namely drawing the diagram, flowing mana, and realizing. But there is a process that humans don't think exist in this world. It was mana converting, and magicians called it elemental affinity. If you can't use fire magic, that means you don't have an affinity with that element. Garius does not believe in this theory and finds a new theory, which is mana converting.

Garius discovered that what magicians call elemental affinity is the act of subconsciously changing ordinary mana into attribute mana. So when the human body absorbs mana, they unconsciously change it into attribute mana before being stored in the body. So there is a term fire magician who can only use fire elemental magic. Even though all of that is not true and a magician can use all elements if their mana is converted to the magic element that they want to use first.

Wouldn't the conversion process take longer to use magic? True! Since magicians stored attribute mana, they could skip the process and could immediately move to the realization process faster than magicians who used mana conversion before realization.

That's where Garius is good or bad. After observing his Lich Core, Garius found that his Core didn't store attribute mana. After which it passes through the mana converter magic circle Garius can realize. So whatever magic Garius uses will take longer to realize it.

But currently Garius cannot use elemental magic other than Dark and Non-Elemental magic. To use other elemental magic, Garius has to add the corresponding element converter magic circle to his Core, and that's what Garius is trying to do. But before that, to avoid failure. Garius will make a Magic Tool to familiarize himself with the process of inserting a magic circle into the Magic Tool or what is called enchanting.

Enchanting is not difficult. It only demands thoroughness and patience. First Garius draws a diagram or magic circle into the parchment. Then when finished, Garius will imbue it into the tool he want. And done, created a Magic Tool.

It's easy to say ... Right  now Garius has failed his diagram three times and he's again immersed in the world of magic circle.

8