Chapter 9
312 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though my knowledge of the Slave Contract was high, in order to release the status of the contract I had to use a special [Magic Tool] which had a holy element. And I am not a worshiper of the Goddess Astra. So that there is nothing sacred about me. After all, there was no way that the Astra Temple would accept a monster shrouded in miasma.

"[Wind Accel], [Mine + Slave Contract + Soul Absorbtion], [Slave Contract + Mana Converter + Mana Storage + Soul Absorbtion], [Wind Shield]. Four Enchant Scrolls for the four Cores." Garius looked at the four parchments that have been drawn on the table.

Garius takes out the Core of Fire and places the Enchant Scroll on it to Enchant. After Garius fed it his mana, the Enchant Scroll started to glow and hovered above the Core. Not long, the magic circle inside came out of the scroll and into the Core, at the same time, the Enchant Scroll caught fire and vanish into smoke.

Garius placed the Lich Core next to the Fire Core then concentrated on separating Drein's spirit from his soul to be transferred to the Fire Core. With the help of the Soul Absorption magic circle in the Fire Core, the separation of Drein's spirit became easier. Garius does not need to push until it is completely separated, because Soul Absorption will draw that spirit into the Core of Fire. After Drein's spirit entered the Core of Fire, Garius began to chant.

After the incantation was cast, the Slave Contract forcibly tied Drein's spirit inside the Fire Core and changed Drein's spirit status to Slave Soul. But right now, the Fire Core didn't have an owner yet. Without a word, Garius starts doing the Contract ritual.

[I am a Garius who hereinafter referred to as Master, takes you as a Slave.]

After the ritual was performed, a thread made of mana from the Fire Core appeared and connected it to the Lich Core. Once connected, the Slave, Mana Storage and Mana Converter magic circle start working. The Slave magic circle starts to draw mana from the Lich Core, and the mana is then changed to the Fire attribute and then locked so that it doesn't come out after being stored in the Core.

While all this was happening, Garius felt his head split open and moaned in pain on the floor. Garius did not think there would be an effect like this when his spirit was manipulated. Apart from pain, Garius also felt a very uncomfortable feeling from within.

"Ugh ... It's so uncomfortable, makes me want to throw up. And I have to do this five more times. Sigh ~" To use up all the elements, Garius has to repeat the same process for every Core he adds. And Garius seems to want to give up when he remembers what he just felt. Trembling, Garius forced his body back into the chair.

"Yosh, cheer up!" Garius screams to get his spirits up and get back to work.

Two days later, Garius's door was knocked and Emily's voice came from outside.

"Garius, are you in there?"

"Hmm. Wait a minute."

After opening the door, Garius led Adelia and Emily into the living room.

"How is it?" Garius is very curious after seeing Adelia pouting.

"The trade is going well." Emily answered and she continued. "After we asked the man at the Adventurer's Guild, he gave us a recommendation for a shop where to buy alchemy bottles. After that we processed the potions at the inn at that time. Then we took the potions to the Adventurer's Guild as they requested and here we are."

"Then what's wrong with Adelia? If it goes smoothly, it should be-" Before Garius finished his sentence, Adelia cut him off.

"I can't do anything!" said Adelia in verge of crying.

As Adelia said, starting from the Adventurer's Guild, the Alchemy Shop, to selling Potions to the Guild, everything was done by Emily. Because of the Slave tattoo on Adelia's hand, she is considered Emily's slave and doesn't need to talk to her. Seeing Adelia's condition, Emily decided to buy two horses to use as a mount to make it easier for them to travel. In addition, Emily hears bad news which causes her to hurry back to the Lost Forest to complete a request from Garius to return to Capital right away.

When Emily asked where she could sell the potions she had, the guild officers asked that all the potions be sold to the Adventurer's Guild as soon there would be an attack from the Kurt Kingdom to the Eldia Kingdom in the north. After hearing the news, Emily wanted to know the real situation at the border in the north and wanted to ask her father who was a noble. But Adelia's presence and Garius' request make Emily restrain herself and return to the Lost Forest. After hearing Emily's explanation, Garius asked.

"Then once you know what's going on at the border, what are you going to do."

"I'll participate as a mercenary." Emily replied without hesitation.

Garius looks at Adelia before saying. "Can you delay your departure for a few days?"

Actually Emily wanted to refuse. But after seeing Adelia she nodded her head and said "If it's a day or two."

"All right, for now you guys rest first. I'm sure you guys are tired after a long journey. Oh yes, can I borrow your shoes?" Garius asked Emily who answered with a nod and Emily immediately grabbed the shoes and handed them to Garius.

After receiving the shoes from Emily, Garius freze. Hey you can't give your shoes to someone so readily lika that, even if that person asking you politely. On Earth Garius can imagine how those girls will look at him if he asking someone to give him her shoes.  Ugh, just imagining it give me a goosebumps. But Garius feel warm after receiving Emily trust. After shaking his head for a while Garius sent [Telepathy] to Adelia.

(I know right now you are upset, but I ask you to part with Emily properly so that there will be no regrets if something unwanted happens.)

"Yes, because today is Adelia's birthday. I want you to accompany her for today. And I will return these shoes tonight." After giving Adelia a wink, Garius returned to his room.

"Ne .. Do you have to go?"

When Garius wants to close the door to his room, he can hear Adelia's voice asking Emily and whispering 'good job' in a low voice. In the room, Garius puts Emily's shoes on the table and gets to work.

A few hours later, Garius came out of his room and was greeted by Adelia and Emily who were eating at the dining table.

"Whoa Garius come out of his room!" said Adelia made Emily smile and continued her dinner.

"Haha, yes I also want to celebrate birthdays with you. Here I have a present for you as my gratitude. And I'll ask for your cooperation in the future." then Garius places a three-foot long Bow on the table. "And these are shoes and bracelets for Emily, I hope they help out on the battlefield." Garius gives shoes and a bracelet to Emily.

"Wow, thanks!" "Yes, thank you."

"Mm, now let me explain. These three things are a [Magic Tool]."

"Eh .. Really? Garius is cool!" "Is it true?."

"Mm, do you know anything about trap magic?" asked Garius.

"I know! The usual magic possessed by adventurers who specialized in working as scouts, and spies." replied Adelia.

"Right, but this trap is a little different. You look at this Core. This Core can put a trap that explodes when touched into an arrow. So when the arrow hits the target, the arrow will explode. And you can adjust the scale of the explosion."

"Eh .. But I can't use magic .."

"Calm down, I have given the slave magic circle to the Core. So you have to do the Slave ritual if you want to use this bow. And after the ritual, only you can use this bow." explained Garius. For this Bow, Garius use the Troll soul that he has absorbed previously to make the slave soul. 

"Wow, I never hear a [Magic Weapon] like that." said Adelia. 

Garius doesn't answer and starts looking at Emily. "And I have enchanted these shoes with [Wind Accel] magic to aid your movement and this bracelet can deploy a [Wind Shield] to help your defense . I hope with this you will be fine."

"Yes, thank you ... And this is a gift from me." Emily gives Adelia a parchment.

"Um, thank you hehehe. But what is this?"

"It is a slave certificate which states you are my slave. So if you want to go to the village, you just have to give this certificate to the gatekeeper."

"Waa really? Thank you very much !."

"You're welcome. Hey, can I try it ?." Emily asked Garius.

"Of course! Let's go to backyard and try it."

Adelia and Emily finished their dinner then went straight to the backyard after clearing their tableware.

°°°

In the backyard.

[I am Adelia who hereinafter referred to as Master, takes you as a Slave.]

After the ritual was carried out the Bow began to emit a red light and a moment later Adelia felt the connection between the Bow and herself.

"Wow I can feel magic in it. Umm, Bow-san please give these arrows magic?"

"No no, that's not it. You just have to draw arrows as usual and give orders with a thought."

In accordance with Garius' instructions, Adelia starts pulling arrows and takes a shooting stance. After she pulled the arrow, a magic circle manifested in front of the arrow. Then the arrows are released and slide towards the target.

*Boom !!

Adelia's eyes widened when she saw her training target and the tree behind it disappeared after being hit by the explosion. Adelia's mouth opened and closed unable to speak. Adelia only used a little of the mana stored in the Core to shoot arrows. But the explosion was unexpected. Adelia couldn't imagine if she using all of the mana in the Core into one shot.

Elsewhere, Emily who was getting used to her moving speed after using [Wind Accel] was covering her ears as if she had heard the sound of thunder. "Wha- Hey! Quickly put the fire out!" After realizing what had happened, Emily began to panic. And her panic rubbed off on Adelia and Garius.

6