Chapter 12
283 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master, they are moving."

"Mm. We'll follow them."

The army of the Kart Kingdom soldiers formed a line and began to move. The pounding of the soldiers' feet can be heard simultaneously. Followed the sound of hooves and the screams of their leader.

*Drak drak drak. * sfx Army footsteps

Garius and Adelia sneak from tree to tree following from a distance.

"Wait, it looks like there's a scout behind. You wait a minute, let me take care of it."

Garius uses his Stealth and starts moving towards the bush. There was a flash of [Fire Whip], 

*Swish ~ 

The scout of the Kart Kingdom who was hiding on trees cleaved in the middle, then Garius returned to Adelia's place. It wasn't long before they could see Eldia's Kingdom soldiers in the distance. And they know that the time for war has come.

"Adelia, after the leader of the Kart Kingdom troops gave the order to attack, it was a sign for us to attack. You aim your arrows at where enemy gathers." 

"Yes, Master." Adelia gripped her bow tightly and nodded. Garius advances several meters forward and prepares his magic. After the leader of the Kart Kingdom troops gave the order to attack, Garius began to cast spells.

"Attack!"

"" "" Uwo !! "" ""

"In the name of the god of fire I beseech thee, bring down a flaming stone from heaven and destroy all sinners. [Meteor]"

When the soldiers of the Kart Kingdom almost collided with the Eldia Kingdom troops. A large boulder that was burning with flames shot out from behind and hit the riding man and the people around him. And Adelia's arrow started out of nowhere and exploded with the soldiers of the Kart Kingdom troops.

*BOOM! BOOM! BOOM !!

In an instant one-third of the Kart Kingdom troops disappeared from the battlefield and turned to ashes. Pieces of bodies were scattered everywhere. Garius hits with magic in hand. [Wind Slash] to the left, [Fire Whip] to the right.

"Hahaha! Tremble before me!" Garius screams like the Garius character from the video game.

Like the god of death, Garius entered from the right. While on the left side, there was a continuous sound of arrows exploding. The Kart Kingdom troops began to scattered. Without a chain of orders from behind, it is as if they are lost with nowhere to go.

Shortly thereafter, it appears that the Kart Kingdom soldiers who were running here and there began to leave the battlefield and enter the Lost Forest. Garius doesn't miss the opportunity and goes after them. But Garius didn't go deep into the forest. Not far from there, Adelia realizes where Garius is and starts to get closer. One Mage and one Archer launched attacks while Garius occasionally used [Earth Wall] magic to create shelter.

Who knows how much time has passed, the troops of the Kart Kingdom began to thin, until finally the victory trumpet was blown by the Eldia Kingdom troops.

* sfx horn.

Adelia runs towards Garius in the middle of the battlefield and hugs him.

"We won! Master we won!"

"Hahaha of course!" without realizing they turned around while hugging. After three rounds Garius put Adelia down and let go of his hug.

(Adelia don't move and look anywhere. Take and hide the Lich Core, don't be seen by other people.)

After hearing what Garius said, Adelia took the Lich Core in Garius's chest and placed it in his cleavage. After the Lich Core became invisible, Garius' body collapsed. The wand, black robe and bones fell on top of each other. Adelia immediately gathered Garius's body and wrapped him in a black robe. Shortly thereafter, Adelia began to notice the presence of many people around her. And immediately Adelia was surrounded.

"Who are you ?! What are you doing here ?!" a man's voice came out loud.

Adelia looked for the origin of the sound and found a soldier of the Eldia Kingdom army who was wearing full armor with a sword in his hand. After being sure that the man was a soldier of the Eldia Kingdom, Adelia put Garius' body into the space ring and raised both her hands as a sign that she had no evil intentions.

"I am a slave to the Steinsburg family's third daughter, Emily Steinsburg. I came to help because I found movement in the Lost Forest and followed it here." Adelia doesn't say her name, a slave name is insignificant. 

"Steinsburg? Do you have evidence?"

Adelia took out her slave certificate and threw it at the man and returned to her position raising her hands. The man whispered something to a soldier and then the soldier left. After a while Emily arrived.

"Adelia !." Emily ran after recognizing Adelia and hugging her tightly.

"Phew I'm glad you're fine." After releasing her hug, Adelia said, looking into Emily's teary eyes.

"Where's Garius?"

"Shhh. He's safe." said Adelia, winking and smiling.

Emily took Adelia to her post through the tent where the Eldia Kingdom warlord was located. There was a Knight dressed in shiny armor gathered together. Adelia counted about ten people in shining armor without the slightest stain. And three large men with fierce faces with axes covered in blood. From their appearance Adelia could see that the ten soldiers were knights who came from noble families. And the three big men were the real war generals.

(Whoa, whistle ~ Adelia look at that, how handsome your princes are.)

(Fufufu, To me Master Garius is the most handsome man in this entire battlefield.)

(Heh, of course!)

"Hey Emily! Who is it!" one of the men in glittering armor asked Emily.

"This is my slave! Is there a problem ?!"

"This is a place for knights, not a place for slaves!"

Emily furrowed her brows and said. "Karl, take care of your business. The war's over. I just wanted to say goodbye to Uncle Derek."

"Hump!" the boy named Karl looked away smugly.

"Hahaha Emily, my beautiful daughter! Be patient. After General Harris gave the order, then we can withdraw from the battlefield. For now you can sit here pretty. Leave it all to uncle! Hahaha."

"Yes commander !." Emily salutes to uncle Derek's and returns to her post with Adelia.

After arriving at the tent, Adelia looked around. Many soldiers are being treated there. Cries of pain were occasionally heard. Emily made a sad face and took a deep breath. 

*Sigh ~

If you look at the situation. Looks like this war has been going on for quite a while. And the Eldian Kingdom troops that they had previously seen were reinforcements that the Eldian Kingdom had brought from the Capital. And the soldiers who were here were soldiers who had fought from the previous day.

"Ahem for a while I want you here. I do not know that when this war will end. But it looks like it will not be long."

"Mm, it's okay. But are you okay?" asked Adelia anxiously.

"I'm fine, it's just that, I can't go anywhere."

"I see you are in uniform like a knight, won't you participate as a mercenary?"

"At first. After I got home, I was locked up in the room. Only after Uncle Derek came and put me in his battalion I was allowed to come. But as you can see, I got nowhere." Emily smiled bitterly.

(Like a family picnic.)

(Ooh Shut Up!) Adelia rolled her eyes.

"Hmm? If Garius talks nonsense I'll burn his room." said Emily rounded her cheeks with a 'hump'

(Haha I'm just kidding!) Garius sent [Telepathy] to Emily.

°°°

That night, General Harris's orders were received. They will return to the capital the next day. Emily continued to hold Adelia's hand and forced her to come to the capital. After the sun rose. The army of Eldia Kingdom troops made a line. Emily and Adelia in the back walked along with the carriage carrying food supplies. Return to the capital.

Night came, they reached the village of Faila. A frontier village which is very close to the border and the village linking the Kart Kingdom. Eldia's army camped outside the village of Faila. After resting, they continued on to the capital the next day. During the trip, Adelia hugged the skull head and opened the book in front of her, while chatting with Emily.

After passing through several villages, they arrived at the capital half a month later. Then suddenly Garius screamed inside Adelia's head.

(Adelia! Get off the carriage! Right now!)

(Awawawa what's wrong?) Adelia asked as she jumped out, in the distance Adelia could see a city surrounded by a wall as high as ten meters. As soon as Adelia jumped out, Emily got off the carriage too.

(The city has a protective barrier. If I get closer I will definitely get caught.)

(Wha-I don't know, I'm sorry Master. But what should we do.)

(I don't blame you. We better step back. You explain to Emily. I don't want her to misunderstand.)

"Adelia, what's wrong? You look so nervous?"

"In that city there is a protective barrier. Garius cannot approach it. So I'm sorry, it seems I can't come with you."

"Wha wait wait. What does that mean you can't come? You're not going into town?"

"Yes, I will return to the Lost Forest."

"Ah Garius! You .."

"I'm sorry once again. Goodbye Emily." Adelia giving Emily a peck on her cheek. And walks away.

"Wait! At least take the horse with you." Emily ran to the front of the carriage and took a horse with her and handed it to Adelia. Adelia accepted it and said goodbye to Emily's hand.

But before Adelia can kick her horse and go off. A man in an full plate armor riding a war horse blocks Adelia's horse. "Hey, wait !."

Adelia stopped her horse which was about to hit the war horse in front of her.

"Whoa, you startled me. What do you want! Appearing suddenly in front of me like that."

"Ah, sorry. It's just that I was in a hurry when I saw you wanted to leave."

"So?"

"Oh-ohh. Introduce. My name is Harris."

5