Chapter 13
244 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gate of the royal capital of Eldia km 1.

"So, Mr. Harris. How can I help you?" Adelia asked Harris who was blocking her horse. But before Harris could answer, Emily's voice called out from behind.

"General Harris !." like dominoes. After the Royal soldiers heard Emily, knights in armor appeared around Adelia.

"Ah, Hahaha looks like I haven't properly introduced myself. Introduce, I am General Harris Outer. From the royal knights." Harris smiled bitterly at the crowd around him. Then move on. "I have seen your courage on the battlefield and your magic is extraordinary. And I think you deserve the credit for your part in this war." Harris paused for a moment so that Adelia could digest what he had just said, then continued, "So I would like to invite you to meet with your Majesty the king to receive the respect you deserve." close Harris.

Once the people around understood what General Harris was saying. They broke up in their own private discussions. Adelia as the topic of the discussion felt very uncomfortable. Then Adelia answered.

"Sorry, I'm just a slave who only carries out orders from his master. So I don't deserve all of that. When you're done, I'll excuse me."

Adelia's answer turned the public into chaos. People around started pointing at Adelia. This was the first time they had seen a general speak politely to a slave. And what Adelia said wasn't wrong, she was just a slave who carried out orders and usually, the slave owner would get the reward. Where currently the owner of Adelia is Emily.

Actually the situation where a nobleman used an army of slaves to win a war was familiar, and was often practiced because slaves who were bound by a [Slave Contract] could not betray and ironically, slaves were someone they could trust.

But what happened, a general spoke directly to a slave and invited her to meet a king. King!, not a chef, blacksmith or tailor. But a King. Anyone who heard would not believe it. But the slave acted like it was normal. She act like a knight who has caught the culprit and said all she did was for the truth and didn't want to accept the reward.

Emily also couldn't understand what was on Adelia's mind, if she could meet the King. Never mind the status of slaves, for Adelia to join as a knight under General Harris is not impossible. But why did she reject it. Only for the monsters she called Master? How unbelievable.

Actually Adelia understood. Maybe now is the time when she can lose his slave status and become a knight under General Harris. But for that she must leave Garius outside the capital so that Adelia is not connected with Garius who will be detected immediately after passing through the capital's gate. So Adelia's choice right now is to take Garius away from here or hand over Garius and get a gift.

But Adelia doesn't care, her only job right now is to return to the Lost Forest to protect her Master. And that's all she will do.

(Hey Hey, have you thought carefully? If you accept it, maybe you can marry your prince.)

(Hahaha, what kind of prince are you talking about.)

(Prince in glittering armor?)

(Fufufu, stop already. Now what should I do.)

(It's easy, admit that you are a black magician and watch their reactions.)

(Ohh .. Looks like there won't be a peaceful way out.)

(Hahaha. Making peace with them? Are you serious?)

(Hahaha.) (Hahaha.)

"I ..." Adelia's soft voice sounded like a command from a general that made people around stop discussing and listened to Adelia carefully.

"I am a black magician." the surrounding knights immediately drew their swords in unison.

Adelia didn't budge. She only looked at the people around her calmly and that calm demeanor made the knights alert. A slave calmed down under the sword of a ... No, but a group of knights.

"What are you doing, she is my slave!" Emily really didn't understand what was going on, but she still couldn't accept if something happened to Adelia. Emily didn't think about the pride of nobles, but Adelia was the friend she brought to the Capital. So Emily feels responsible for Adelia's safety.

General Harris, who had been silent, got off his horse. "Wait!" said General Harris raising his hand.

"Are you really a black magician?"

Adelia didn't answer. General Harris who didn't get the answer lowered his hand and turned his body and walked away from Adelia. General Harris's attitude seemed to be an order for the knights to attack. After General Harris walked a few steps away from Adelia, the sound of the knights swinging the sword was the only sound that was heard. General Harris shook his head and did not want to see Adelia killed in front of him.

But the sound of Adelia's scream was not heard, but the sound of an explosion that caused dust to fly and Garius's laughter echoed around. Miasma began to appear and spread.

"Hahaha! Yo handsome prince! You really have the heart to leave 'damsel in distress'. You're really not cool!"

"M-Master! What are you saying." Adelia didn't understand what Garius was saying, but she felt it was something to be embarrassed about, making Adelia's face flushed red.

The surrounding dust began to dissipate, opening the curtains that covered the appearance of Garius and Adelia. Garius doesn't miss the opportunity to tease Adelia and move on.

"What did I say? Of course your prince who is handsome, he has managed to force me out. So, what do you want. Don't tell me that you have bothered to make me show myself just to get me acquainted."

At that time, General Harris, who was silent, began to turn his body and stare at the skull in black robes. And he smiled.

"O Mighty Lich! Hahaha. Finally you showed your face. It would be rude if I, a general of the royal knights if I could not greet the guest of honor with my sword!"

"Hou ~ So all this drama is just for killing me?"

"No, no, no. They have nothing to do with my 'welcome'!" General Harris saw the knights around him and waved his hand for them to immediately retreat.

"Hahaha, it's rare for me to get this kind of honor. Of course I won't refuse. But right now, I'm in a bad mood because someone has scuffed my servant! Sorry if I'm impolite." Garius stretched out his hand that was holding his wand horizontally in front of him.

"It doesn't matter, from the start I didn't dare to expect any manners from a monster like you." General Harris drew his sword and mounted a stance.

"Hey Adelia, how does it feel to be fought over by two boys? Hahaha!"

The sound of Garius's laughter is like on cue for their duel. General Harris started sliding in a low position swinging his sword sideways from left to right. Ends with the sword perpendicular to his right shoulder. Garius parried with his staff and cast a [Earth Spike] spell making a spear from the ground stab at Harris from the left side which Harris dodged by moving to the right. Before Harris could advance he had to dodge the [Fire Ball] that was already in front of his face. General Harris spun around to avoid the [Fire Ball] by one centimeter margin to split the [Wind Slash] coming from his left.

Sasuga Lich desu. Initially Harris thought this duel would end quickly with just one cut. He didn't think that he would be cornered like this. Several times he had avoided magic at such an absurd distance that it could be said that today was his lucky day. But this duel isn't over yet, Harris can't always rely on his luck to dodge magic. And what kind of magic is this, Rain water will not be able to injure me!

"Hey, my handsome prince. I forgot to lift my laundry. Looks like I have to go home. [Cumulonimbus!]"

Black clouds gathered, raindrops began to fall on the ground. Garius is not as relaxed as they seem. Even though Garius has mastered [Insta Cast] he still has to estimate the trajectory, timing and magic to use. And Garius's mana was not unlimited, so he had to quickly end their duel.

*Ting! Ting! Ting!

Under the rain, Harris jumped backwards while parrying a projectile made of earth magic and landing in the mud. Mud? Oh sh*t! After stepping on the mud, General Harris just understood what Garius was doing. But it's too late. When General Harris's feet stepped on the mud, his feet exploded with [Mine]. After he looked up, Garius was nowhere to be found. Rain and wind obstruct vision, mud restricts movement. In addition, General Harris, who lost one calf, admitted defeat.

"Hahaha! Hahahaha!" General Harris's laughter was heard.

Two kilometers from the gates of the capital city of Garius, taking Adelia with a 'princess carry' along a meadow as wide as the eye can see. Armed with [Acceleration] and [Wind Accel] Garius fled.

"Hahaha, surely the handsome prince is upset."

"Master .."

"Heh, now the princess is kidnapped! She will be locked up in the Los t Forest. Hahaha."

"Huu, what a princess, and there is no prison in the Lost Forest!"

"Ha ha ha"

7