Chapter 14
223 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dahar Village, the westernmost village under the rule of the Eldia Kingdom which is located on the Eldia border with the Barbarian Lands. A girl in her teens is seen walking through the village gate after paying taxes to enter the village.

"Fueh. I've heard that the rules here are not as strict as in the capital. They don't even see the tattoo slave on my hand. After I tried to cover it with a cloth. Sigh ~" After arriving at the village gate, Adelia looked for a way to enter and try to cover the slave tattoo and hope the village gate doesn't have a slave detection device that will make the slave tattoo emit light if she gets close. But the gatekeepers were not checking over the luggage, they also don't glance at the tattoos and only ask for taxes.

"No wonder there are many criminals in this village."

Indeed, as Adelia said, because the rules were not strict, all kinds of humans and other races could easily enter. However, although other races such as elves, beastmen, dwarves and other demihuman races could enter the village. All forms of the Demon and Black Magician races will never be accepted anywhere as long as it is within the human domain.

After Adelia passed through the gate, she started looking for an inn and arrived in front of a bar or Inn that looked shabby and entered. Inside the bar, the cheers of the crowd were heard loudly. After Adelia found an empty chair she sat down and ordered food.

"Oho ~ a new face. What do you want, miss?" asked the waiter.

"Give me something to fill my stomach and a glass of water. "

"Mm? Okay one serving of bread, soup and water will come soon." The waiter didn't move before Adelia put the five bronze pieces on the table. After the waiter left, Adelia put her elbows on the table to support her head.

*Sigh ~

(Looks like we are in the middle of nowhere ..) listening to Adelia sighing, Garius spoke using [Telepathy].

(Yes, who would have thought the caravan we were riding in would bring us here.)

(Hahaha, but at least now we know where we are.)

After running away from General Harris, Garius ran for two days before he collapsed after using a lot of mana and was knocked unconscious. Garius doesn't expect that because he never feels tired. Now Garius knows that the power in his body is based on how much mana he has.

When Garius was in a coma and was unconscious for two weeks. Adelia tries to find her way to the Lost Forest until she runs into a group of merchant carriages heading to Arvo Town which is not far from the village of Faila and hitchhikes after paying. But on the way Adelia fell asleep and Garius was still unconscious. Unknown to Adelia, the carriage they were traveling on separated from the merchant carriages and turned west towards the village of Dahar. And here they are now.

(But you should know that they separated from that merchant carriage group.)

(No, because the carriage I was riding on was at the very front. I never saw the carriage that was behind.)

Not realizing that their train parted and changed direction for one week. Adelia is indeed something. Actually Garius still wants to argue, but considering Adelia who has watched him for two weeks, Garius keeps his mouth shut. A girl in a middle of nowhere, alone. Garius can already imagine what Adelia has been through.

(Don't worry, we just have to head north and we'll be in the Lost Forest before we know it.)

(Um, I hope so.) Said Adelia. A moment later the waiter came with food and Adelia ate it. After Adelia finished, she paid and asked the barkeeper.

"Is there an empty room in here?"

"Sorry miss, all the rooms are fully rented for the next two days. But there is an inn at the end of this road. Maybe there are still empty rooms."

"Um, thank you." "You're welcome."

Adelia came out of the bar and started walking towards the place that the barman had said. On the way, Garius notices someone is following them. But before he could tell Adelia, the people who followed Adelia called her.

"Anoo .. excuse me .." Adelia looked back and saw the blue robed man who was sticking out his hand. Adelia reflexively parried the hand with a sideways kick and took a stance back.

"Acha .. Sorry if I startled you. I just wanted to ask something." the man was holding his hand that was kicked by Adelia and grimaced in pain.

Adelia took off her stance and asked. "What?"

"O nothing strange. I can feel strong mana from your body and wonder if you are a magician ?."

"Mm? No, I'm an archer." replied Adelia as she left.

"Wait. Ah, where are my manners. My name is Brian Ludwig from the Ludwig family. Nice to meet you. "Shortly after Brian introduced himself, a large man and a woman appeared from the direction of the bar.

"Mr. Brian !. Please say something before you leave. I almost lost you."

Brian clicked his tongue when he saw the people arriving. "Tch, wait there. I'll be right back."

"Umm, as you can see. I-" Adelia cut in before Brian could continue.

"Just say what you want." hearing Adelia's question, Brian was stunned for a moment then walked over after nodding his head like he decided something. And Brian started talking in whispers.

"I-I see, I'm actually a magician who graduated from the Magic Academy. And I'm very interested in black magic. After seeing the miasma that is in your body. I'm sure that you master black magic." Brian paused for a moment to see Adelia furrow her brows then continue. "Don't get me wrong. It's not just black magic, I as a magician want to have knowledge about all magic. So .. If possible, I want to know the magic that you know, in exchange for me .. Can give you money or, give you something. I-I know that knowledge is something that cannot be valued in money. So .. "Seeing Brian who did not stop whispering, Adelia began to lose her temper.

"Okay, Okay. Umm sir .. Brian?" Brian nodded confirming his name and Adelia continued. "Since it was getting late, it looks like our conversation has to stop here. I will think about your offer. For now, good night."

"Ah. Yes, good night. If you want to see me, I'm at Baron Ludwig's residence. Feel free to stop by." Brian waved his hand that escorted Adelia into an inn to spend the night.

In the Inn Adelia grumbling on her bed. "What was that person thinking. He could easily talk about taboo magic like everyday magic people use. Isn't he afraid of the people around him? What if someone hears. Sigh ~"

"Hahaha, Brian Ludwig, what an interesting person."

"What do you think, Master?"

"Hmm? That person reminds me of someone. I think we can trust him. But I don't want anything or, to be more precise, Brian can't give me what I want." Brian reminds Garius of his best friend on Earth, Robert, who doesn't care about his surroundings when he is talking about his love for Margaret. That's why he said that she could trust Brian. According to Garius, people who lose control when discussing something they love will not think about anything else. Especially hurting someone who can give something he loves. At least that's for Brian, but Garius doesn't know the people around Brian. It doesn't hurt to be vigilant.

"But if you ... Hey Adelia. How about we exchange black magic for martial arts or something. At least I can somewhat relief if you've mastered martial arts."

"But I already have [Tae Kwon Do] that Master gave."

"Yes .. Or maybe a partner for sparring so you know your shortcomings?"

"Um, sparring. If it's only for sparring I can do it."

"Anyway why do you insist on studying that art if there is anything better than."

(Because [Tae Kwon Do] is something Master gave.) But Adelia doesn't say it and pulls the blanket while saying 'stupid Master' and sleep. 

The next day, Adelia goes to Baron Ludwig's house to see Brian. But because of her shabby clothes or because of her slave tattoos. She was stopped by the gatekeeper.

"Hey stop, this is Baron Ludwig's residents."

"I want to meet with Brian, please convey that I would accept his offer."

The two gatekeepers exchanged glances and one of the guards said. "Hey lady, get serious bit. Its not the first time someone said that she wanted to meet Baron Ludwig or Brian. Do you think it has not been anyone who uses this method to meet them? If I report every one says so, maybe I've been fired of my job. Come on, give me a break. "

Adelia looked at the guard who suddenly vent to her and said. "Well, let's put it this way. Tell Brian that I was at the inn just down the road if he wants to see me. Thank you, good work :)"

5