Chapter 15
241 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not long after Adelia left, Brian came out from the house and asked the gatekeeper.

"Today a woman will come to see me. When she arrives, take her to my study. Oh yes, treat her politely. I don't want any misunderstandings. Got it?"

"Yes, sir !." after the guard answered, Brian returned to his house. Leaving the guard who exchanged glances and smiled bitterly.

"Ugh, how about this ?."

"Umm. But the woman said that she was at the inn. We should just pick her up."

"Okay, let me pick her up, you will keep watch here. If anyone asking me, say toilet break."

"Okay." one of the guards answered and chuckled seeing his friend jogging towards the inn.

"Excuse me, ah you!" The gatekeeper wanted to ask the innkeeper before seeing Adelia sitting at one of the dining tables at the inn.

"Who?" replied Adelia.

"I'm the gatekeeper of Baron Ludwig's residence. Sir, Brian wants to see you."

"Oh .. Hahaha" Adelia laughed at the gatekeeper who was nervous. Actually, Adelia wanted to teach him a lesson, but change her mind after seeing the worried face of the guard.

"All right, let's go see Mr. Brian."

"Yes, thank you. This way please."

With her being escorted by the gatekeeper, Adelia reaches Brian's study without a hitch. A moment later Brian appeared with two bodyguards.

"Welcome!" Brian gave his hand for a handshake. And accepted by Adelia.

"Introduce, my name is Adelia. As you can see, I am a slave. So .." Adelia saw the two bodyguards, Brian understood the meaning of the stare and asked his bodyguard to leave the room.

"Okay, now we can talk freely."

"Haa, you. Since yesterday you said black magic regardless of your surroundings. Did you know that you could get me killed?"

"S-sorry .."

"And now you are repeating your actions. You .."

"Sorry." Adelia said what was in her head. Meanwhile, Brian just bowed his head and apologized. After Adelia was satisfied to say everything. Brian raised his head and said.

"Sorry, sorry again. My parents used to say that I was insensitive and couldn't understand the situation. I really had no bad intentions. I was just too excited. So ..."

"Haaah, never mind. I don't have the energy to be angry. Now tell me what you want."

"Mm, like what I said last night. I want to learn black magic."

"What are you going to do with that magic?"

"Eh ..?" Brian didn't understand what Adelia's question meant. Brian just wanted to know about magic, whether it was fire, wind or whatever, in Brian's mind everything was magic and that's it. When Brian was confused. He heard a voice from Adelia's direction.

"Ha ha ha!" along with laughter. Skeletons emerged from the space ring and began to fuse with the Lich Core. Not long after, a lich figure appeared in the middle of Brian's study. Brian who saw the incident in front of him opened his eyes wide with the word 'wow' slipped from his lips. Without any fear, only a strong sense of curiosity made Brian get up from his seat and touch the Lich who was in front of him. Garius saw Brian's hand slowly approaching him and grasping it. Then they shake hands.

"Um, introduce me. My name is Garius."

"Whoa! It's spoke!"

"Shhh, don't be too loud. Later your bodyguard .." Adelia tried to remind him. But Brian didn't hear Adelia's words and he held Garius's hand in both his. "G-greetings Mr. Garius. Nice to meet you."

"Okay, Brian. Sit down for now. I have something to say."

"Yes, yes." and Brian sat back in the chair opposite Adelia.

"Look, now remember my words well. Or I won't teach you magic."

"Y-yes sir !."

"First, no discussing black magic in public." Garius sees Brian nod and move on.

"Black magic is considered taboo and hated by all mankind. Every human being will not tolerate someone who has black magic and will get rid of it. Do you understand this?"

Brian put his index finger on his chin and said, "I see. No wonder Miss Adelia is very angry with me. Umu, once again, Miss Adelia, please forgive me."

Now it was Adelia's turn to be dumbfounded by Brian's words. As if speechless, Adelia fell silent in her seat and made a surrendered face. 

*Sigh ~

"Okay, there seems to be no misunderstanding. We can move on to our next topic."

"O-oh right, so Mr. Garius. Are you going to teach me black magic?"

"Mm, but with conditions. Yes, we just assume this is a bartering of knowledge?"

"Yes yes, exchanging knowledge. Ahh sounds very melodious. So what knowledge Mr. Garius wants. "

"Umm, before that. Call me Garius and this is Adelia. Without Mr. and Miss. I'm not used to hearing that."

"Um, all right. Garius, Adelia. Then, call me Brian."

"Are you sure?."

"Of course, at the moment we are comrades. There is no status in science."

"Hahaha, looks like we can get along, Brian. I won't ask for anything strange. As you know. Black magic is taboo. I want you to keep its existence a secret. So this is all between us ."

"Mm, of course. Now I understand the general view of black magic. I also don't want to endanger the safety of myself, Adelia and Garius. So I should keep it a secret."

"Good !. Because now we are partners. So that we can immediately exchange information, I want someone to become a sparring partner for Adelia to hone her martial arts skills. Can you provide it?"

"Yes, so that my two bodyguards will be the sparring for Adelia. Let me call them .. But it looks like Garius can't show himself in front of them."

"Hahaha, it turns out you quick to learn."

"Hehehe. Then, I'll meet them so that Garius can hide while I talk to them."

"Alright then." with that Garius turns to bones behind the sofa, while Lich Core returns to Adelia. Brian opened the study room door and summoned his two bodyguards.

"This is Adelia. I want you to find a sparring partner for her. Can you do it?"

"Sparring partner? Then I'll be the partner! Hahaha."

"Then I'll leave it to you and Sam." Brian nodded and sat down on a chair.

"Hi, my name is Paul and this is Sam. Nice to meet you." says Paul.

"Mm. I'm Adelia, nice to meet you." after they got acquainted. Paul invites Adelia to the backyard where they usually practice.

In the study room. "Garius?" Since Brian didn't notice when Garius cut his Core and his body, he didn't know where Garius was and started looking for him.

Garius appeared behind the sofa and said. "I am here." before he sat down in a chair opposite Brian.

"Now what do you know about black magic?"

"Mmmm nothing .. Hehehe that's why I was so excited when I had the opportunity to learn black magic."

"So that's it .. Alright ..

Black magic, as you know. Black magic is the opposite of holy magic where holy magic is positive and black or dark magic is magic that is negative in nature. While holy magic is related to life, black magic is related to death. As you heard, I can't explain what black magic is without mentioning holy magic because black and holy magic are side by side and are like two sides of a coin. For example, [Heal] magic is used to speed up the wound healing process. If you cast black elemental mana into [Heal] magic, it will turn into [Deteriorate] magic. Although not quite the same. Between [Heal] and [Deteriorate] magic only had a slight difference. Is there any question?"

"But magicians with holy elements can't possibly use black magic right? With Elemental Affinity."

"Ha ha ha!" there it is, the words that Garius was waiting for finally came out. But Garius won't tell Brian about [Mana Converter]. No, it's not time yet, Garius doesn't know what's on Brian's mind yet. For now according to what they agreed on, Garius will teach what black magic is and that's all he will do.

"Speaking with Affinity, what elements do you use?"

"I .. Have no elements."

"What?" now it's Garius' turn to shocked. It was the first time he had heard of someone who had no elements. In other words, Brian's body didn't convert mana into attribute mana.

"I can't use elemental magic. That's what I mean."

"But how come."

"When I was little, I was often sick and so my body unable to store much mana." Brian sound tired for a moment, then he continued excitedly. "But I don't give up, someday I'll be able to use elemental magic."

So that's why he studied all the elements. In order to use elemental magic .. Garius shook his head. There is saying that you can get your mana tainted with dark elemen if you perform a ritual. Is that his objective from learning black magic? 

4