Chapter 16
190 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Garius and Brian are in the study room. Adelia and Sam face off at the training ground.

"Instructions, please." Adelia puts her right fist on the palm of her left hand to greet Paul and Sam with a 'what-is-she's-doing' expression.

Adelia learned it from Garius. He said that this gesture was a way of greeting people when they wanted to spar. After greeting. Adelia started to set up her stance. Left hand in front and right fist on the chin. When Sam still observing her stance, Adelia approached with a ducked. Sam thought Adelia was going to punch her in the stomach making her shift to the right. Unexpectedly, Adelia spun in front of Sam and her heel hit Sam's head from the right. Makes it look like Sam was banging her own head against Adelia's leg and falling.

"Stop!" Paul ran over.

"Are you alright?" asked Adelia.

"Ugh, my head." Sam answered while holding his head.

"But hey, what kind of martial arts is it. I never saw something like that." Paul asked Adelia.

"Umm. Can I keep it a secret? I haven't asked Master if I can or not to tell you."

"Hahaha, take it easy. I was just shocked. I didn't really want to know. But that kick was amazing! I got excited. Now it seems like my turn."

"Umm before that." Adelia pointed at Sam with a glance and Paul laughed.

"Hahaha, she's a strong woman. She will feel better after sitting down for a while. Hey Sam let's get up quickly, don't make people worry!"

"Yes ~" after Sam woke up, now it was Adelia and Paul's turn. Paul followed Adelia's way of greeting after asking Adelia. And they started practicing.

Initially Paul and Sam were often hit by unexpected kicks because this was the first time they saw someone fight like that. After getting used to it, they began to be able to avoid and counter Adelia's attacks. Adelia also got used to her fighting style and started to make the correct kicking movements, according to Garius's instructions. Their practice lasted until late afternoon and they returned to Brian's study.

*Knock knock. Excuse me.

"Wait a minute." it wasn't long before Brian's head popped out of the door.

"Paul, Sam. Before resting, please tell one of the servants to set up a room on the right wing. I'll take Adelia there."

"Roger that!"

"Okay. Adelia, see you later."

Adelia nodded and went into the study room. There, Garius is reading a book seriously.

"How was the exercise ?." asked Garius without leaving the view of his book.

"Um, not bad. I'm starting to get a good kick. But I haven't found the right combination yet." replied Adelia, while wiping the sweat on her forehead.

"Good. I'll give you some directions tonight. If you want, I can give you some hand techniques."

"Ah, does that included in [Tae Kwon Do]?"

"Of course, I have never studied any other martial arts. Apart from the hand, there is also a technique to use a knife."

"Wow! Master is cool!"

"Ha ha ha." at that moment there was a knock on the door.

*Knock knock

"What is it?" Brian opened the door and asked.

"Mr. Brian. The room on the right wing has been prepared and dinner is served in the dining room." said the maid.

"Um, now you can come back."

"Yes sir." then Brian closed the door of the study and said to Adelia.

"It's time for dinner. Let's eat."

"Okay." adelia followed Brian into the dining room. There were only him and Brian there.

"Where are the others?"

"My family is in the capital. So I'm the only one here at the moment."

"Paul and Sam ?." asked Adelia, but it wasn't Brian who answered. But Garius through his Core.

"Did you forget that Brian is a noble ?."

"Ohh, so that's how it is." Adelia nodded, indicating that she understood, making Brian smile bitterly.

After dinner, Brian escorted Adelia to her room and go to his own. In the room, Adelia and Garius discuss martial arts late into the night.

The next day they returned to their activities. Garius and Brian lock themselves in the study room and Adelia sparring until the afternoon.

"Huh ~ it's been a month, time sure fly." Brian leaned his head on the sofa and stretched his hand.

"Hahaha, I also get a lot from these books."

"That Garius for you. You can read books while giving directions on chanting magic, not just black magic but all elements! But alas, my family will soon arrive in Dahar. I can't imagine if my family would know that while they were in the capital there was. a lich in their study room reads a book like this. "

"Ha ha ha."

Shortly thereafter Adelia came into the study room. During this one month, Adelia will always come after finishing practicing martial arts. Brian already told Paul, Sam and all his servants that he was learning and don't want to be bothered by anyone. Only Adelia is allowed to enter his study room.

"Looks like it's time for us to part." said Brian.

"Mm, the princess has picked me up."

"What a princess. Come on, I'm already hungry."

"Okay, Brian let's meet again. Or not, I think it will be difficult for us to meet again." Garius shakes Brian's hand.

"Mm, unfortunately." Brian faced Adelia and shook her hand.

"See you again." "You too"

After saying goodbye, Adelia left the village and headed north.

°°°

Beneath the foothills of the Hayes Mountains. Moonlight bounces off the surface of the lake. The night breeze brought the scent of leaves, ripples of water around the young girl's body. Adelia washed her body, the moonlight made her curves look more delicate. With wet hair stuck to her back, Adelia got out of the water and drew closer to the bonfire.

"Master .." Adelia took Garius' hand and placed it on his right cheek. Garius who is reading a book turns his head. The green light in his eyes glowed for a moment then.

"Mm, [Air Flow]" *swosh ~

"M-master .. Ahh .. Ahn .. Too strong." the wind that blew her hair was too strong and made Adelia's hair messy.

"Hmm? Hurry up and put your clothes on. You'll catch a cold." Keh, that's what you get when you tease me.

"Yes, Master." Adelia answered, puffing her cheeks.

It has been two weeks since their journey from Dahar village to the Lost Forest. But the City of Arvo is not yet visible to the eye. Only the mountain range of Hayes as far as the eye could see was endless. High cliffs rise up in the fog, a ravine that is not known how deep. If Garius thought about the map he had seen in the Adventurer's Guild, the Hayes mountains were in the middle of the continent and separated between Eldia and the Barbarian Wasteland. But if you look at the topography in front of it. Garius doubts he can cross on foot only. It is not wrong that the Hayes Mountains are said to be a natural border. Garius tries to bring the map back to life with wood on the ground.

"From here we'll head northeast to the western part of the Lost Forest. If all goes well we'll arrive one week later."

The dressed Adelia nodded then sat beside Garius and leaned her head on Garius's shoulder. Garius grabbed Adelia's hair and stroked it.

Keh, I don't feel anything in my hand.

"Master can touch me as much, you know." Adelia, who had closed her eyes, said softly without opening her eyes. But Garius didn't answer, after staring at Adelia's sleeping face, Garius opened his book again.

This is a book he 'borrowed' from Brian called [Advance Blacksmith]. There are two kinds of books like this in the library book collection in Brian's study. The first is [Blacksmith for Beginners] which Garius has finished reading and the book he is currently reading. A book that discusses the metal-forming process in a nobleman's book collection sounds out of place. After Garius pressed him, Brian finally started talking. After it was discovered that his family did not have Elemental Affinity, Brian was considered an oddball. Even though he was not exiled, he was not particularly privileged either. People keep in touch and also ignore him, thinking of him as a lost cause. But Brian didn't mind, he learned a lot. Starting from textiles, handicrafts, and even though there is no progress, magic.

It looks like Brian just wants to get recognition from his family.

Garius shook his head and laughed bitterly. When Garius is busy with his thoughts, Garius feels a human presence near him. After placing Adelia's head in the folds of the hood, Garius used [Camouflage] and looked for the human he just felt. Three people walking slowly, two men and one woman trudged through the thicket in front.

"Yo Brian! What are you doing here!"

"Ah, Garius !." Brian was surprised. The two bodyguards drew their swords.

"Humph, you'd better explain the situation to your two bodyguards first. I was at the lake a few meters to the west. Come see me when you've explained to your two bodyguards." with that Garius disappeared from the trees and returned to Adelia.

Garius doesn't just invite Brian over. After he was sure that there was no human besides them, only then did Garius start talking to Brian. And those three people didn't have enough killing intent and vigilance to survive in a forest like this. Like a merchant who had never met a monster, with such innocence, Garius wasn't sure how long they would be able to last if he left them alone. With such abilities, Garius can end their life in an instant.

5