Chapter 17
205 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kill?"

What am I, ... since when?

Garius don't know since when he started having thoughts like that, there's nothing in Lincoln's history to hurt someone, let alone kill. But the murderous feeling he had just now wasn't his imagination. He really felt it. Garius doesn't understand where it comes from. Bloodthirsty, hatred, and all the negative feelings that exist.

The effect of [Soul Absorption] has seen and started to eat away at my soul. Good thing I haven't use it in a while. *Sigh ~

Then Garius saw the girl sleeping beside the bon fire. Even though it's faint, Garius can feel what the girl is feeling. Feelings of uselessness, and only become a burden to Garius when he dueles with Harris. Feelings of joy when with him. Compassion, Loneliness, Happiness, and Sadness. The feeling that Garius felt through his slave contract with Adelia. Garius looked at Adelia with affection in his eyes.

Our contract become the key so that I don't lose my sanity. Thank you Adelia ..

Garius stroked Adelia's hair and just then heard someone approaching.

"Ahem, it's been a while." Garius turned from his squatting position and stood facing Brian, greeted by the breathtaking of his bodyguards.

*Shhhh 

Paul and Sam took their breaths at the same time. "I've heard it from Brian but seeing it in person is really something." Paul looks at Sam for his approval. To which Sam answered with a nod of her head.

And Brian. "I told you, I'm not lying. And remember what I said just now." Paul and Sam nodded a head.

"Okay, meanwhile. Please sit down, because I'm not eating or drinking, I can't serve you anything. And lower your voice, I don't want to wake Adelia."

With the direction of Garius, they take a place opposite Adelia and sit there.

"So?" Garius opened his questions while watching Brian's two bodyguards.

"Well, after my family returned. I returned to my life. I thought about going back to the Magic Academy to continue my research and become a teacher there. But considering .. My elements. I can only teach magic in theory and without practice. My chances to work in the academy is very small." Brian took a deep breath. There was a feeling of helplessness on his face, like a lost direction that turned into energy when he met Garius gaze.

"No matter how hard I try to study magic, I won't be able to. But I still want to devote myself to magic. It's only you Garius, only you who tell me that I'm a genius at magic and only you who say that I have a researcher's mindset. And only you who say that if I'm not recognized as the foremost magic researcher in magic knowledge, there isn't a human in Geodia who understands magic better than me. ”Brian stopped for a moment.

"Hmm. I think I said that, and your two bodyguards?" Garius is starting to understand where their conversation is going, but the presence of Brian's two bodyguards makes him a little anxious making him ask.

"mmm. They're just escorting me to see you."

"Ah, yes Mr. Garius. Don't mind us. We're just doing our job." replied Paul.

"After you saw where I was? And all my relationship with Brian? You think I'm stupid?"

"Ah." Paul and Sam were unable to speak.

"Wait Garius, I asked them to escort me. If you want to blame someone you can-" Brian wanted to sacrifice himself to protect his two bodyguards but Garius cut his sentence.

"Brian, do you know that, what you do is not a master's attitude towards his bodyguard. Sigh ~ alright, now you can tell me what your purpose is to meet me. Besides, I don't understand how you found me. Don't tell me you used magic to monitor my whereabouts."

"Ah of course not, it's just that you said you were going north, and Paul and Sam were hunters before becoming my bodyguards. So he can trace the footprints and tracks the sign that you left in the forest." Brian replied frantically, after seeing no movement from Garius, Brian breathed a sigh of relief and continued. "I want to hear it again Garius. I want to hear I am a genius researcher. And why can you say that. Is that what you really feel, or is it just something you say just to cheer me up."

"Just for that? Going into a forest full of monsters to meet monsters, risking your life just for that?"

"Maybe to you what I did was stupid. But I need that Garius. I need a reason, a reason to stay alive. Something that allows me to raise my head in front of someone. In front of my family. In front of my colleagues at the Academy. Sniff .. And .. Sniff .. " Brian started to collapse and shed tears. Garius was confused and looked at Paul and Sam to find answers which were answered with a shaking of her head and Paul started scratching the back of his head with a bitter smile on his face.

"Umu, looks like you really have thought things through thoroughly. For what I have said, it is all true. You are someone who is a genius! It's just that you still see it from Geodia's human point of view. If you want to advance, you are. must be free from the shackles of human common sense at Geodia."

"Really? You're not lying?" Brian wiped his tears and looked at Garius with teary eyes.

"Hahaha! Look at this."

Garius stretched out his hand and used his magic.

[Fire Ball]. *Burst!

"As you know, all living things have elemental affinity that makes you DESPAIR!

LOOK AT MAGIC IN FRONT OF YOU! BRIAN!"

Garius speaks in his usual tone and ends in a loud voice. He will destroy Brian's common sense and make him a new person.

[Whirlwind]! *Wosh ~

[Water Ball]! *Blop ~

[Earth Bullet] *Crack!

Garius sat back in his place with the four spells still spinning in his hand. Fireball, whirlwind, water ball and earth ball. Brian opened his eyes wide in disbelief at what he saw in front of him. Brian knew that monsters like lich only had one Elemental affinity, namely Black magic and could not use magic with other elements. But the events in front of him said otherwise. What happened! With a hand movement all the magic that Garius created disappears. And garius said to Brian.

"What I said is not nonsense. And I have proven it. Now is your turn :)" Garius's words were greeted with the silence of the night. No sound at all. Until a little later.

"Pfftt, Hahaha! Hahaha! It turned out that my guess was right, everything I thought was true! Stupid researchers at the academy! Hahaha!" Brian got up from his seat and raised his hands in the air, laughing at the sky as if releasing all feelings.

Ugh, looks like Brian's been broken. I was anticipating Brian's change, but I didn't expect it to be like this. But this is the Brian I know! Magic Researcher Brian! Ha ha ha!

"Garius .. No. Mr. Garius! Make me your student! Please save me. Please!"

"Mr Brian!" Paul and Sam cry as Brian kneels in front of Garius.

Here we go again! Ugh .. Garius stood up in shock.

"Hey raise your head. Prostrate like that in front of a monster. Are you crazy?"

"It doesn't matter, I don't care to what other people say. I've decided to become your disciple. I will bow down until Mr. Garius agrees. Please."

"Even if you say that. Okay, sit down first, I have something to say. You too." Garius pointed Paul and Sam to ask them to sit back down.

"Hmm ?." Brian lifted his head with a big question mark on his face. After Paul and Sam sat down, they returned to their original positions.

"Wait, I ... Aren't you nobles? And you, I plan to kill you when all this is over. Now what are you going to do?"

"Wha-what the ..." Paul and Sam were shocked. But they didn't say anything like accepting whatever was going to happen to him. While Brian ..

"I will throw away my status. I will go with you Mr. Garius."

"I told you it's not that easy .. Tell you what, you guys sleep. Tomorrow I'll give you an answer . Don't try to run away, okay?" Garius gave a final warning and got up from his seat and walk to the edge of the lake and sat there.

After Garius left, Brian started laying down beside the fire, followed by Paul and Sam. Paul and Sam think of a way to escape, but they feel they can't beat Garius in a head-to-head fight. And holding Adelia hostage was a mistake, because they knew very well Adelia's martial arts skills. In the end they gave up and fell asleep. The next day.

"Hey wake up. It's morning."

"Mm." Adelia nodded and went to the lake to wash her face.

"Garius .." Brian woke up with red eyes. Looks like he's having a hard time sleeping.

"Um, I thought about it. Brian will lose his worth if he becomes a slave. But Paul and Sam don't seem to have a problem."

"Wait, Mr. Garius, if only to keep their mouths shut, there is another way besides the slave contract. Namely the Goddess Astra contract."

"Oh, I seem to have heard of it. Do you know it."

"Mm, leave it to me. I just need parchment to write the contract."

"Haha, I have a lot of parchment." Garius gives Brian two parchments and gets started.

"Write, hereby I promise to keep everything related to Garius and Adelia secret, and will not do something directly or indirectly to hurt Garius, Adelia and Brian as well. "

"Eh .. Me ?." Brian stopped writing and asked Garius.

"Of course, after this you are my student. I will make you the greatest magician and magic researcher in history of Geodia Hahaha!"

4