Chapter 23
155 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hayes Mountains 1000 feet above sea level.

After Adelia defeated the bird-type Magic Beast, Adelia took over the cave where the Magic Beast made its nest. Inside the cave, there were several eggs that she thought were eggs from the magic beast she had just defeated.

It was four days after her departure from the Beastman temple. On the first and second days, Adelia still leisurely passed through the steep cliffs only relying on her strength and agility to maneuver. But on the third day Adelia was forced to take shelter in a cave to avoid a snowstorm.

Twelve hours have passed, but the storm has not subsided, Adelia can't do anything about it and can only hope that the storm will quickly pass.

Ugh, that's a really long dream. But where it is, it's so dark, I can't see a thing.

Garius woke up from his long dream, it's been two weeks he was unconscious and after enough mana in his body, Garius can return to maintain his level of consciousness.

Before, I could directly connect the Core to my body, but now my body is destroyed. Then what should I do. Heh, for a while, I'll contact Adelia with [Telepathy]

(A .. A .. Test one two three ..)

(Master? ..)

(Hey Adelia, how are you. Long time no see.)

(Master! Ah .. I thought I would never see you again .. boo hoo ..)

(Haa .. Don't cry now I'm here.) Garius tries to calm Adelia, who is crying so hard, but it seems that his efforts are in vain because Adelia is still crying with all her might.

After Adelia calmed down, Garius asked Adelia what had happened when she was unconscious and Adelia started telling stories. After Adelia finished telling the story.

"Hmm, looks like I have to pay a visit to the shrine someday."

"Given the remote location, it seemed like it would be difficult."

"Well, okay. The temple is not going anywhere and we still have plenty of time and opportunity. Eh, what is this .." When Garius was talking to Adelia, he felt something strange about him.

"Argh! ..."

"Master? What's wrong with you ?."

"Adelia! Stay away from this Core, hurry !."

One by one the Core elements came out. Fire, water, earth and wind floated in the air. Garius doesn't know what's going on, but his sub-core is currently out of his control.

Is the soul slave revolting? Did they acquire a level of intelligence or just instinct? Because I didn't give a diagram to give punishment. I can't do anything to them. But what can they do? Magic! They can use magic! This is dangerous. In that case, they must be destroyed immediately.

"Adelia! Destroy the Cores! Now!"

"But that is your sub-core."

"It doesn't matter, the slave souls in the core are rebelling and trying to break of the contract, if that's what they want, I will let go. Destroy the core to let their souls be released."

Adelia quickly executed Garius's command.

*Zing! Zing! Zing! Zing!

The four sub-cores and four knife slashes Adelia need to destroy cores that have gone out of control. After all the sub-cores are destroyed.

"Argh! It hurts !." Garius's agony voice was heard.

"Master! Are you okay?" Adelia was worried, but she couldn't do anything about it and just held the Lich Core in her hand.

Five minutes later Garius's voice was not heard.

"Ah, Hahaha! Now I'm okay." it was only after Adelia heard Garius' words that she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hahaha who would have thought that the spirits would rebel. I think I have to find another way to be able to use the four elements. Eh Adelia, are you still there?"

"Umm (nod)" Adelia shed tears again.

"Hey why, not like usual. Are you okay?"

"Umm, sniff .. Master .."

"What? Now I'm awake. Tell me if someone hurt you, let me beat him until he begs forgiveness. Quick tell me who he is, Brian? Paul? Heh how dare they bully princess Adelia."

"Pfftt .. What's beat them, you don't even have a body."

"Eh .. Hahaha, I forgot that I don't have a body. But don't worry, I already have an idea for that."

"Master .."

"After returning to the Arvo I'll be working on the Blueprint immediately."

"Master .."

"Let Brian do it, I think he understands now-"

"Master !."

"Yes!..."

"I Love You Master .."

"..." whaaaattttt ... Garius was shocked to death, he never thought Adelia would express her feelings to him. And Adelia's confession really caught him off guard left him speechless.

"..."

"..."

"..." ugh, looks like I have to say something.

"A-Adelia, you realize that I'm a monster, don't you. A Lich. So .."

"I don't care .. After yesterday's incident I realized .. I can't live without you, Master. And you are the reason I'm still alive today. Because of that, please .. I didn't ask you to love me. Only, allow me to love you .. Please."

Garius really couldn't believe what he was hearing. But the contract slave who connected him and Adelia said that what Adelia said was her true feeling. Because Garius can feel Adelia's love and affection through the slave contract. But Garius knows very well that those emotions don't belong to him.

After all, what love is. Yes, when I was on Earth I fell in love, and love my parents is a natural thing. So yeah, I know what love is. But now? I am a monster or rather Undead, since the first time I killed Drein even though accidentally, I knew that now I was only acting based on logic. I don't feel things like seven emotions anymore, I'm just acting based on my instinct to survive.

Angry? Even though I look angry, I actually don't care. My anger is just an act so that Adelia doesn't do something outside of my plan.

Anxious? No, I think if Adelia wasn't there I would be in trouble. So I'll make sure she's okay so as not to interfere with my plans.

Frustration? Heh what is it. Sad?


Happy? Every time I succeed in making something I will be happy? No, I just thought. [Oh okay it worked, it means I'll do this next.]

Shame? .. Afraid? Hahaha don't make me laugh!

But .. Garius feels emotions through the Slave Contract. Even though emotions aren't his, Adelia can work as an emotional indicator for Garius. 

*Sigh ~

"Well, you can do whatever you want. I won't stop you as long as what you do doesn't get in my way."

"Yes, Master .. ?" Adelia rubbed the Lich Core against her cheek with affection.

"Ahem, so. Can you help me find a Magic Beast head?"

"Mm? If Magic Beast's head around here is, this is it."

Garius drains his mana through Adelia's hand and finds out what she means. Once the mana is connected to the head of the Magic Beast, Garius makes a connection to control it. He didn't fully assimilate the head, he just used its eye or the eyeball socket to create the eye with mana to see. Once connected, a green glow made from mana appeared in the eye sockets of the skull and voila! Garius can see again.

Umu, it turned out that my guess was proven correct again! Just before I went into a coma, I felt my body crumble. And that feeling reappeared when Adelia destroyed the Sub-core, even though it was not as strong as when with my real body.

It turned out that Lich's body was like a [Magic Tool]! And the Lich Core functions as a battery and electronic device to control it. Ugh, if I think like that, I feel like I'm no different from a radio tape.

"Whoa! Where is this? What is this place?"

"Pfftt." Adelia couldn't help laughing as she watched the bird skull begin to speak. "I told you, now we are in the mountains of Hayes."

"Oh, I see. All right, no problem. Now I can see and can start working on the blueprint for my body."

Garius used the [Magic Hand] to move the head of the bird's skull and started to float. He took some parchment and writing tools to draw.

"Master .." Adelia smiled at the bird's head warmly.

"Mm? Ah, right. Let me look at the diagram on your body. Hearing your story makes me curious."

"Mm, Yes Master !" Adelia opened the front cover of her body without hesitation and showed the diagram on her cleavage.

"Umu, oh I see. Hey, I didn't do much wrong. This diagram is still like the diagram I made, there are only a few additions that I still don't understand what they do. Well, put your clothes back on. After this blueprint is complete I'll go back to studying the diagrams. "

"Yes Master." Garius's gaze makes his heart flutter. Adelia grabs Garius's head and giving a hug.

"Ah, hey!"

"Mm, Master ❤️"

"Sigh ~ it's going to be a long day .."

Two days later when the storm subsides, Adelia and Garius are back on their way to Arvo to meet  Brian. They work hand in hand through difficult terrain and it is not uncommon for Garius to use [Magic Hand] to hold Adelia's body so that she doesn't fall. 

4