Chapter 22
183 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a room filled with parchments, Brian was wrestling with his diagrams. There were dark circles in his eyes but it was as if you could see the light. He don't know how long he's been there, he doesn't know it's day or night outside. Apart from the diagrams and toilets, only Sam or Paul came every day to deliver food.

Initially he wanted to prove himself to everyone who considered him a 'Lost Cause' after he was able to use elemental magic. But after he discovered that humans could use all the elements, it became like a joke. What academy magicians are proud of has become outdated.

Brian is currently doing his Master's task. Not Teacher but Master. Because Brian already considers himself a slave to science, and the Master is science itself because he has opened the door to a world he could never have imagined. Especially after he received the Garius research design scheme. With a basic structure that is almost perfect and the end result is ... Brian can't put it into words.

Brian suddenly stopped and put down his writing instruments, looking longingly in his eyes as he stared at the snow through his bedroom window.

"It's been two weeks, but I haven't heard any news . What is he doing. Sigh ~" After being lost for a moment, he returned to his job.

°°°

Adelia lay helpless. As she applied the mana to the parchments on her chest, the five parchments began to float and shine. When the diagram entered her body, the magic circle on the altar also emitted light to make the diagram that had entered, left Adelia's body. After leaving, the five diagrams revolved around Adelia several times before merging into one diagrammatic image. After the pictures were joined together, a new diagram emerged from the altar and became a frame. Only then did the combined diagrams enter into Adelia. A few moments later a diagram image began to form on Adelia's chest, like a flower blooming, the image formed from the center and began to expand outward until it formed a magic circle the size of a tennis ball. But the diagram didn't stop there, the diagram continued to expand sideways to form a picture of a wing, only then did the light begin to fade and die.

Then what about Adelia? When the five diagrams entered her body, Adelia felt terrible pain and was unconscious. Even though all the processes had been completed she remained lying there unconscious until several hours later.

As if waking from a nightmare, Adelia reached for the air and sat down. After she breathed smoothly, Adelia felt a hangover. Adelia began to hear voices that she hadn't heard before. Like the sound of leaves rubbing against or the wind in the hole in the cavern ceiling. After that she smelled ammonia from the urine she spat out when she passed out. Adelia felt very uncomfortable and started to take out camping equipment from the space ring.

Adelia stood on the cliff, after a night camping in the cavern to fill her stomach and clean her body with melted snow, she felt more refreshed than she ever had. Adelia wasn't wearing the maid uniform she usually wore, but clothes and coats made of animal skin that she had hunted.

Hair in back ponytails, a shirt made in a sleeveless kimono style, wrapping her body tightly around her waist. Looks of tattoos adorned her cleavage, and weapons on both thighs. Knee-length fur coats rested on his back and furry shoes covered her small legs.

Adelia jumped from cliff to cliff, she swiftly maneuvered in the air, if you look from below, you can see an inverted triangle visible from inside her skirt from time to time. Adelia was aware of it, but to maximize her speed and to make it easier for Adelia to access the weapon on her thigh she had no choice and decided to ignore it.

Last night Adelia had familiarized herself with her new body. Apart from gaining a sharpening in her five senses, she can also activate several spells with just her thoughts. Strengthening, Acceleration and Stealth are added and now Adelia can use magic with three elements, namely Wind that she has previously obtained, Fire and Earth from yesterday's ritual.

Initially she would take the southern route to the Eldia border with the Barbarian Wasteland and head for the village of Dahar there. But after the ritual she performed, she believed that she had the ability to cross the rugged terrain to the east by climbing into the Hayes Mountains.

*Woosh ~

Adelia jumped into a tree that was five meters from the cliff and using the tree as a propeller she flew back to the next tree until she landed on a cliff and found a Magic Beast. A Snow Ape Class A Magic Beast.

A five meter tall white monster with an ice horn on its forehead walking on two feet in the one meter thick snow under the hill made Adelia smile. After drawing out the gun and knife in her thigh, Adelia jumped at Snow Ape and fired [Wind Slash]. After the shot landed, Adelia turned around Snow Ape's body who was looking at the direction [Wind Slash] was coming. Quickly she fired a Fire Ball and thrust her knife into the Snow Ape's back.

*Boom!

Snow Ape screamed and tried to grab the knife that was stuck. But it looks like the blade didn't go deep as it could be released so easily with just the wild movements of the Snow Ape.

"Tch, less destructive force !." because the knife was ineffective, Adelia decided to give Snow Ape a series of shots with her gun.

"Luckily this gun doesn't use my mana. So I just need to use mana to dodge and keep my distance."

This time Adelia didn't talk to Garius, after the ritual she did last night, Adelia started to think calmly and accept reality. The intense pain when rituals seemed to bring her back to when she was fighting the royal knights. Adelia still believes that one day Garius will wake up from his sleep, but before that Adelia will make General Harris pay a very high price for what he has done.

Previously Adelia didn't have the strength to face General Harris, but now she can. Adelia felt tremendous strength in her body. If only she had this kind of strength back then, perhaps she would be able to protect his Master whom she respected so much. But there are no 'ifs' in life and she must accept the reality and correct the mistakes she has made.

I will stay strong and will become stronger, so that I will be worthy of being a slave to Master.

Her love for Garius turned into an obsession. Obsession to be the best Slave, obsession to serve and Obsession to protect. And this time, Adelia did it consciously so that she could state out loud that Adelia loves Garius and can't live without him.

*ROARR !!

Snow Ape's last shout seemed to be a sign that their battle was over. The five meter Snow Ape body collapsed to scatter the snow around it. Adelia casually approaches to confirm Snow Ape's death and starts processing Snow Ape's body into her dinner.

°°°

Capital of Primis, Eldia Royal Palace.

King Aloesa Eldia sits on a throne flanked by prime minister Graham Hughes and the great priest Jones Dillon of the Goddess Astra church. Before him were General Harris Outer, General Derrek Steinsburg and Knight Karl Steinsburg. On the left and right of the hall, the uniformed Royal Knights, complete with shiny armor, were neatly lined up.

"What about the interrogation?" King Aloesa asked.

"Well, after being interrogated for seven days and seven nights unfortunately she still doesn't open her mouth, sire." General Harris answered and continued.

"She remains adamant that they just happened to meet in the Lost Forest and had nothing to do with it before."

"Indeed, it looks like she was brainwashed by a black magician." Pastor Jones did not hide his hatred for the black magicians, his eyes could be seen with great hatred.

"But all this time they have been hanging around under our noses without being noticed, not even one of his family is aware of the monster's whereabouts." The prime minister comments casually, feeling that this has nothing to do with him.

"It has been a year since she returned to his lord's house. In stead of not wanting to be the heir of the Steinsburg family, she left and began his career as an adventurer." General Derrek defended himself.

The Steinsburg family had already caught the attention of the nobles of the Eldia Kingdom because their family was one of the noble families who had a fairly active position in the military field. But after the events at the gates of the Capital, the concern for their family became out of control and not in a positive manner. Generals Derrek and Douglas Steinsburg have tried to clear the family's good name in various ways, but as long as Emily still bears the Steinsburg name it looks like the Steinsburg family will continue to be labeled as supporters of black magicians.

"Nonsense! Since your family didn't look after your family members properly, almost half of the royal Elite Knights fell victim to it. We are talking about monsters with miasma after all, there is no way they can escape goddess's eye if your family doesn't protect it." Pastor Jones was unable to control his anger. 

4