Chapter 33
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hello, are you the leader of them ?." Garius points to the beastman he's tied up.

"Ah yes, I am Paku, the head of the fox village. Can you explain to me what happened."

"Not much, they attacked me and I caught them, they said that they would attack anyone who entered the territory of the fox tribe, is that correct?"

"Ah? Right. We should at least guard the area where our tribe is located. But usually it will be done after getting resistance from an intruder, or an intruder who enters secretly will be considered a hostile and will be attacked without question."

"Oh, so I'm is the later. But I'm not intrude silently." Garius looked at Sajo then asked the village leader.

"Those man who attacked silently, I have proof." Garius points the arrow on his head.

"Ha .." Paku seemed at a loss for words and stared at Sajo and his friends who turned their gaze somewhere. And like got a good idea he said. "Compensation! What if I will provide compensation for their release."

"Hou, but healthy young beastmen like them can be sold for a high price."

"Ah .. I give up, you can do whatever you want to them." Paku surrendered not without reason, if Sajo the strongest fighter in their village could be defeated easily without injuring him. What can they do to the humans in front of them. In addition to the arrow, what kind of human was still alive after being hit by the arrow in his head. And that girl .. Paku felt like he was dealing with a beastman ancestor when he confronted Adelia. Paku is unable to gauge the strength of the seemingly fragile woman, but his instinct continues to send out dangerous alarms the moment he sees her.

Garius looks at the beastmen who hang their heads as if giving up on fighting and surrender to their plight.

This old fox gave up so quickly, it would be troublesome if I had to take them to Sangu. What should I do..

Garius had no intention of selling beastmen into slavery. He only felt that he could get something from the village chief without him expecting that the old fox gave up so quickly without offering anything.

"Hmm, then I'll take Sajo as a guide. I really don't understand this place. Can I?"

Paku's eyes lit up before he said. "What about the other."

"Ah, I'll be troubled if they all come with me. I have to go to Sangu as soon as possible to do something."

"But Sajo is the strongest fighter in our village. If it's only for guidance, there are other people who are better than Sajo."

Tch, you sneaky fox. Maa I has nothing to lose for me. "Did the beastman you say really know the area around here?"

"Of course! She knows the whole forest like the palm of her own hand. You, yes you. Hurry and call Lily over here." Paku pointed at a beastman and the beastman started running to call out to someone who soon appeared before beastman crowd.

The surrounding beastmen seemed to be giving Lily a way for her to pass, but Garius could see the scornful looks on the beastman's faces for even a moment.

*Sigh ~

"Lily, you know this forest better than anyone in this village. For that you will be a guide for this human. Got it?" Paku shows his power as the village head in front of Garius.

"Y-yes." Lily answered.

The young girl, whose brown hair fell to her waist with a fox tail and ears, was dressed in a two-piece dress with a knee-length skirt. Cute!

"Ahem, alright. As I said before. I have to go to Sangu as soon as possible. Can you show me the way?"

"I-can. Let me come with you. Please."

"Okay, then let's go." Garius asks Lily to show the way and they go to Sangu after releasing the beastmen and a little pleasantries with Paku.

With Lily as their guide, they avoided several beastman villages until they finally got out of the forest and arrived at the main road leading to Sangu. After they arrived in Sangu, they were not asked for identity cards like Eldia. They can go in and out freely there. Garius remembers the first time he went to Garm with Adelia and Emily. But here he felt freer than at that time. Ah, of course Garius has remove the arrow on his head with the help of Adelia.

After entering Sangu he looked around like a bumpkin who was visiting the city for the first time. Sangu is not like the village or town in Eldia. There is no resident housing, although there are permanent buildings. The building is used as a place for lodging and entertainment places such as bars or a place to vent the lust of men and the rest is just a line of people selling everywhere. Even Garius can see people buy and sell not for money but with bartering. It was exactly as the name implies, the Barbarian Wasteland!

After finding a room at the inn, they go to find their destination, the Slave's Trader, to free Emily. And as Garius heard that Sangu is a slavery center where the buying and selling of slaves takes place all the time here he can find that place very easily.

"Welcome, is there anything I can help you with ?."

"Mm, I want to free this woman, can that be done?"

"Oh, of course you can, but .. Have you prepared the cost?"

"Oh how much do I have to pay?"

"For full release, the customer must pay ten gold. And two gold to change hands."

"But I don't know where the owner is now. Can it be done?"

"Actually, you can't. But since you are doing business with us for the first time, we can do it with an additional one gold to change hands and two gold for exemption."

Tch, so a total of twelve gold for the liberation ritual. very expensive!

(Do you have enough money?) Garius asks Adelia using [Telepathy]

(twelve gold I have it.)

(Wow, it turns out you have a lot of money.)

(This is my savings for my release. But now I've found you Master, so I no longer need this money.) Adelia said with a smile.

(Okay, I'll return it later.)

(No Master, slave money is master's money. You don't need to return it.)

*Sigh ~

Garius does not prepare money because all finances are in the hands of Adelia in the space ring. I don't know what Garius should say to Adelia. He was at a loss for words and decided to accept it and take care of the problem in front of him first.

"All right. When can you do it ?."

"As soon as possible sir. Which slave would you like to free? This one, or .."

"I want to free this woman." Garius pointed at Emily, who was immediately accepted by the slave trader and immediately brought Emily into the tent.

Garius doesn't want anything to happen to Emily and comes in, followed by Adelia and Lily.

Yes, Lily was there from the start and was only a shadow behind Adelia. She seemed to be seeking protection from Adelia and Adelia had no problem with that. In fact, Adelia asked Lily to call her sister and Lily immediately obeyed and called her sister.

Inside the tent Garius observes the rituals performed by the slave trader. He used a rectangular device that curved at the top like a faucet. After giving the device mana, the slave merchant closed his eyes and the tool began to form a diagram in the curved part. A few minutes later the merchant rubbed the tip of the tool against Emily's tattoo and the tattoo disappeared like it had been sucked inside.

"Hmm, is it your first time witnessing the release of slaves?"

"Hahaha yes, this is the first time I've seen liberation."

"It's very miraculous isn't it. This is a very expensive Magic Tool that can only be obtained at the Astra Goddess Church."

"Eh, then how do you get this tool? Are you a priest ?."

"Oh no no, just look you can see that I have nothing to do with the Church right. But ..."

"Ah, you don't need to tell me is it's a secret, I'm also a merchant, so I know that merchants will have what they call 'company secrets.' I just want to satisfy my curiosity."

"No, it's not like that. You don't seem like locals, actually this isn't a secret but we humans don't want to .." the slave trader glanced at Lily who was behind Adelia.

Garius sees where the trader is looking and understands what he means. "Ah Lily, can you come out for a moment. I have something to talk about with this brother. You can see the city of Sangu with Adelia and Emily" and Lily nodded as she walked out of the tent accompanied by Adelia but Emily seemed to want to hear what was going to be said.

"Actually, this tool can be obtained as long as you are a human being only by paying donations to the Church. Ah, but you cannot donate directly but through the back door."

"Then what has to do with beastman ?."

"Giving up beastman slaves is the main requirement to become a slave trader, all humans also know that right? Looks like you are the son of a rich person who rarely leaves the house hahaha."

"Eh .. Is it clear that I'm a rich person?"

"Hahaha, for an experienced merchant like me I can tell with a single glance at young master. Even though it's dirty, I know it's the clothes of a noble in Eldia. Isn't that right?"

Garius looks at Brian's outfit he is currently wearing and smiles, he won't explain the misunderstanding. Instead, it will make things easy.

"Eh ... I think have to change my clothes ?. "

"Hahaha. Of course, and miss behind you. There is an aura of a noble emanating from her. She should put more effort to hone her acting."

Uwahh, this guy sure is dangerous! He could guess everything with just one look. Looks like I have to be more careful.

"Yes, well, many unexpected things happen in this life. Hey, can I become a Slave Trader?" Garius tries to change the subject.

"Hmm? Are you interested?"

"Yes, it looks like this job makes a lot of money. You can get twelve gold in one transaction which is impossible for other traders to get."

"Hahaha, ambitious young man. I like that, but you know the difficulties of each slave trader? To take care of slaves and all their needs, because no one would buy a defective slave."

"Of course, even like this, at home I have a few Slaves in perfect condition, for example the girl you just saw."

"Umu, that girl can be said to be high class. Young, strong and most importantly, beautiful. Looks like you are lucky young man."

"So?."

"Hmm, how about you become a slave provider for me for a while. If we can provide a sufficient quota of slaves in one month I will work on one tool for you?"

"provider? So I have to give slaves to you?"

"Yes, if you can give twenty human slaves or ten beastman slaves in one month, I'll make a slave trader association membership card. And of course one tool like this. But it's not free. I'll just help, you have to collect the fees yourself. . "

"Costs? How much is the total amount of fees I have to pay?"

"Tell you what, if you can give ten beastman slaves, I will give one hundred gold, and I will add fifteen gold for each slave beastman you submit. And for the total purchase of the Slave Tool for a thousand gold, you can calculate it yourself. Interested??. "

"Hey, doesn't that mean the true price of beastman servants is fifteen gold? How can the price turn into ten gold?"

"Hahaha, just think of it as our introductory price as new members of the association."

"Umu so, I will think about your offer. Alright now my business is finished I'll excuse me." Garius leaves after provides payment for Emily's release fee and they return to the inn.

Inside the inn they decided to have dinner and end their activities for the day and continue the next day.

4