Chapter 34
115 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the 4 x 3m² wide inn room there are two beds on the right and left of the room. In the middle there is a table and chairs that Garius uses to read his book. Even though it looks extravagant, the price paid by Adelia is not as expensive as lodging at Garm, Adelia only paid five silvers for one night. But right now Garius couldn't concentrate, he was still bothered by the slave merchant's offer this afternoon.

Argh, I want to quickly get a quiet house so I can read the collection of books I have gathered !.

Garius continues to fidget in his seat and catches Emily's attention, who is still awake.

"What's wrong, Garius? You seem so nervous?"

"I thought about the slave merchant's offer."

"Are you really interested in becoming a Slave Trader?"

"No no, not a Slave Trader. But that tool is what I want. I'm still wondering if there is another way to get that tool, besides paying a thousand gold to the Church. Uh, somehow I can't bring myself to hand over money to the Church."

"I can understand that, like giving a knife to someone who is going to stab you. But why do you want to have that tool so badly, to enslave someone?"

"No, I just want to study the diagram in it. There are important parts of the diagram that I need in that tool."

"I don't really understand diagrams, so I can't imagine it. But isn't there an easiest way to get to the tool?"

"Hmm? Stealing? No way, I'm already a fugitive in Eldia. I'll be careful about this so as not to get much public attention."

"Ah .. I-I didn't think about it. Sorry .."

"Huh, what do you mean by sorry. You don't need to feel sorry for me. Everything that happened in Eldia was natural." it looks like she still feels guilty after leaking information about my whereabouts. 

Come to think of it, without a Slave Contract how can I take control of Emily. I can't hear Emily's words and just take it.

"Emily, are you serious about becoming my secretary?"

"Yes, why, did you change your mind and want to put a slave tattoo on my hand?"

Wow, this girl is sharp. But as I expected. I need a sharp partner like her. Adelia is too naive to deal with this harsh world. But how to put the reins so Emily doesn't betray me.

"Yes, you can say that. Because I did not know that one day you would betray me."

"I told you, I never intended to betray you. It's just the effect of the Slave Contract." Emily argued in a broken voice and almost burst into tears.

"Ah okay, I will believe in you. I'm just going to remind you, if there is even a little indication that you will betray me, I will kill you with my own hands."

"Yes, and I will prove that I can be the best partner for you."

Umu, although imperfect, I can use her principled nature to my advantage.

"Master..?" sounds like the voices of Garius and Emily wake Adelia and Lily who are in the same bed as Adelia. And Garius' domineering attitude made Adelia's face hot.

"Ahem, anyway getting that tool will be a priority on this trip. Do you have any ideas?"

"M-sir .." Lily ventured to raise her hand.

"Hmm? Do you have any ideas?"

"I heard that there are tribes in the north that have tools like that."

"Ohh, can you tell me? Ah, I haven't asked you about the Barbarian Wasteland, can you also tell an outline of what this place is like?"

"Y-Yes sir. In Silent Forest or what you call Barbarian Wasteland, Sangu only functions to sell or exchange needs in the village. We can make ends meet only by hunting in the forest, but for other needs such as clothes and tools made of metal, we got it from Sangu by exchanging materials from Magic Beast or for money."

Sangu was located in the desert to the south and served as a point of exchange between the Silent Forest and the Kingdom of Eldia to the east. The forest in the Silent Forest has been divided into twelve regions and is led by the village head of each tribe. Because the tribes in the Silent Forest depend on natural forest resources. They don't care what happens in the desert to the south. That's what humans from the Eldia Kingdom made an opportunity to build a city which is now named Sangu.

"But twelve well, is that a sacred number or are there really twelve kinds of tribes?"

"I don't know sir. The lower class tribes can't go far into the inner forest."

"Eh? Class? How do they determine it ?." asked Emily.

"Well that's their rule and they did it. You don't have to think about it." Garius said casually.

"Yes, I only know that the fox and pig tribes are the lowest-class tribe and the tiger tribe are in the very highest class." Lily explained.

"Okay, back to the slave tool, do you know what tribe has it?"

"Pig tribe sir. They have many human slaves to work in the mines."

"Oh! Mine? What mine?"

"That, I don't know sir."

"Well, you don't need to think about it. But do you know where their village is ?."

"Yes sir."

"Well, after taking me to the pig tribe you can go back to the fox village. Now you guys sleep, good night." Garius wants to go back to reading his book before he is called by Lily.

"Sir, can I stay with you." Lily said in a small voice that was barely audible, Adelia who was beside her got up and stroked her head.

"What wrong?." asked Adelia.

"I-I don't want to go back to my village. Can I come with you." seeing Lily said while looking down, Adelia looked at Garius with a look like asking for approval.

"I have no problem. But you have to tell me, what happened in the village that you do not want to go back there." Adelia hugged Lily, whose body was shaking for comfort.

"I was disliked in the village, and I was considered a cursed child. Because I-I have an affinity with black elements." Lily held her breath and closed her eyes, she didn't dare look at Garius. Her body continued to shake as if waiting for the judge's hammer to fall and read out the sentence to her.

"Pfftt Hahaha! Really? But I don't feel miasma from your body?"

"I've never used black magic, sir." Lily is confused by the attitude of Garius who seems to think the black element is no big deal.

"Umu, alright. You can come with us, you don't need to go back to the village. Because from now on you are one of us." Garius smiled at Lily and gave approval which was greeted with a sigh of relief from Lily. Then he continued. "Then I didn't hallucinate when I saw the scornful gaze that the foxes gave you. But do many people like you have an affinity with black elements?"

"In the village it's only me sir, but I heard there are some in other villages who get the same treatment as me."

"Okay, you don't need to worry about that. I have no problem with black elements, even if possible I want to recruit all those who have affinity with black elements." Garius convinces Lily to calm her down. "Now you can sleep in peace, tomorrow I will need your guidance to be able to go to the village of the pig tribe. I hope I can count on you."

"Yes sir, I will work hard."

"Good, goodnight."

"Goodnight." "Goodnight Master."

After Adelia, Lily and Emily fall asleep Garius starts thinking about what to do when he gets to the village of the pig tribe.

The pig tribe, the tribe closest to humans because of their lazy nature, is not liked by other tribes. It wouldn't be strange if they used slaves to do their job and since they used slave tools, it seemed like they had connections with the Church or Slave Traders. All will be clear when they get there. But how did he get that tool? Garius feels they won't just let it go.

In the morning, Garius leaves for the forest to see the village of the pig tribe that Lily said. Because the pig tribe is close to humans, their village is not that far from Sangu. Their village is located west of Sangu at the foot of the Hayes mountains and adjacent to the fox tribe. Even though they are said to be next to each other, they have to walk for three days to reach the village of the pig tribe. Once there, Garius looks for a campsite to observe the pig tribe.

"There it is, sir." Lily pointed at the group of tents at the foot of the mountain.

Garius can see the traffic of human slaves coming in and out of the mine under the watch of a large beastman with a bulging belly who occasionally screams and hits with a whip in his hand. And in the slightly open tent, he could see the hog beastman leaning on the lounger and being fed by the slave girl.

Uwah is like an orc village. But they say that they are tribes of pigs, are they  not wrong. It was obvious that it was an orc. But their skin is pink, not green like in the movies and games I've seen.

1