Chapter 47
75 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* Flip.

Garius flips the file Emily gave him about the results of the interrogation she do to the nun Clara.

Clara without a last name? it seems she is not a noble. A nun who grew up in the church to become a nun and holy soldier. Apart from that she also had a role in the holy magician division and the prayer division. Umu, quite an important person in the church.


The new Pontiff Martin gives orders to investigate the whereabouts of Lich who will then deploy the holy army after learning where it is.


And as for the holy soldiers, only the elite holy soldiers performed the blessing ritual with the Church Artifact and were given the power to fight the demons. So this is what is meant by 'keeping the Holy Soldiers with the power of light from being lost in time'. Garius still remembers the information about the Eldia kingdom from Drein's memories which he absorbed.

Two thousand Elite Soldiers ... It was quite a lot, and with Clara and the scouts gone, I don't think it would be long before the Holy Soldiers were coming to the silent forest to catch me. Plus the Tiger King's army .. 


*Sigh ~

Garius took his eyes off Emily's report and looked up. With the reverse of his hand, the file in his hand disappeared into the space ring used by Adelia who was currently behind him. The green light in Garius's eyes dimmed when he saw the two women in front of him.

"Okay, more or less I understand the current situation. For now I order you to be quiet." Garius spoke in a flat tone to Clara and gave orders before he turned his gaze to the priestess to his left.

"And as for the Goddess Kali Temple, is there anything I can do to help you?"

"I .. want to change the future, sir."

"Future?." Garius's eyes that had been dim began to glow when he heard Giaru's words and he almost got up from his chair but was stopped by Adelia's hand that was on his shoulder. "Can you explain?."

"Mm .. I saw a lot of death, sir. So many. The forest was burnt and corpses were lying everywhere. I-I ..." Giaru started to shed tears. "I don't want that to happen, sir."

"Hmm, and I guess you know why?"

Giaru nodded. "At first I didn't believe it, but after seeing .. When you guys caught that nun I was sure that everything would turn out right."

This woman, she keep talking in circles and never get to the point.

"So you mean, I was the cause of all the deaths?"

"No sir. Maybe this is fate."

"Nonsense!." Garius got up from his seat after hitting the table in front of him.

"You guys-" * Sigh ~

Garius took a deep breath before continuing. "Then now what are you going to do?"

"I-I beg you to leave this forest, sir." Giaru got up from her seat and made Adelia, Paul and Sam put up their stances but was stopped by a wave of Garius's hand.

Giaru didn't hesitate, after standing up she dropped her knees to the floor and bowed her forehead on the floor. "Please .."

So after she saw my power she knew that they would take a lot of casualties and now she's taking the last resort by begging me?

"Tch, then what makes you think that I will leave after you begged me like this? I am a Lich! For god sake, I am a monster! You know that? Monster!"

"I-I ... Please.. sir Lich." Giaru begged again, she didn't look up from the floor.

"Tch, Kaku! Take this woman away from my sight! Drive out the messengers from my village. Kill if they resist!"

"Yes, Master !." Kaku appears out of nowhere and takes Giaru away from there. Not long after, there was a commotion from the black village.

What the .. she asked me to leave the village that I just built. Always like that, those who keep cornering me and when I fight, I'm the bad guy. The priestess talked with me about reasons without any intention of hearing what I want to say. She said as if they were the victims and blamed fate when they found out their mistake.

Garius is still standing there, the green light in his eyes starts to turn red and miasma starts to come out of his body. Adelia, who noticed the change in Garius, stood in front of him and hugged him.

"Master .. No." Adelia said softly.

* Sigh ~

"Um, it's okay. I lost myself for a moment, but now I'm fine." Garius stroked Adelia's hair who was hugging him.

Garius's eyes slowly turn green again and miasma is drawn into his body.

Then what, if I stay somewhere, sooner or later they will find me and events like this will happen again. Again and again. But I can't continue living on the run, all my research won't get any progress. Except..

"Ha .. Ha .. Hahaha !." Garius suddenly laughed, like letting go of everything on his mind.

* sshhhh

(Kaku! What's the situation there.)

(The Tiger King's envoys are on the evacuation. They will be leaving in 120 minutes.)

(What are you doing! Kick them right now !.)

(Yes! Master !.)

Garius shook his head. Looks like Giaru's enchantment magic is completely effective for young beastmen like them and the clairvoyance? It deserves to be called the priestess of the Goddess Kali Temple.

(When finished, you guys gather at my house.)

After giving orders to the ninjas, Garius returns to focus on what is in front of him. Sister Clara, it seems she has given up on her fate.

"Hey, have you heard of [Dark Grimoire]?" Garius picked up Adelia and put her in his knees after he sits on the big chair.

Garius noticed Clara's expression, she changed several expressions in a few seconds when she heard the old book. Shocked, scared, anxious before returning to a resigned expression and nodding.

"Umu, you don't need to answer. From your face I can conclude that the old book is in your hands." Garius paused for a moment and continued.

"No, no .. I don't have the slightest desire to have the book, if possible I want to go as far as possible from the book. Whether you believe it or not, I'm just warning."

Clara was silent, she just looked at the Lich in front of her and furrowed her brows.

"Actually I don't care if the Holy Soldiers know where I am and I also don't care if they know my strength. So you can freely share all the information you have. But I ask one thing from you. Keep that old book away from me, it's better if you destroy it. "

"Why? .." After all this time, Clara finally opened her mouth.

"Hmm? What, why ?." Garius and Adelia see Clara at the same time.

"Isn't that book important to you? The book of darkness is the key to all your magic."

"Huh, I don't need that book at all. You can throw it in the trash." Garius supports his chin with his hands on the armrests. Before turning back looked at Clara and said.

"Hmm? Looks like you're confused. Am I very different from what they say ?." Garius was intrigued to hear Clara's answer before he looked away again.

What do you expect Garius, you can't just erase inherent doctrine. At most they will say 'don't believe in trickery' as General Harris said at the time.

After not hearing an answer from Clara, who remained silent there, Garius lost his interest and ordered Paul and Sam.

"Okay, now you can go. Paul, Sam, can you guys take this lady to Sangu ?."

"Okay." "Leave it to me."

After Paul and Sam left with Clara, Garius returned to his workshop to meet Brian.

* Clang Clang Clang

The sound of hammering against metal was still there. Brian wasn't the least bit bothered by the commotion outside and kept swinging the hammer.

"Brian, can you stop for a moment?"

"Hmm? Ah a moment." Garius sat in one of the chairs there and waited for Brian to finish his job.

It didn't take long before the sound of the hammering died out and Brian took his chair to sit opposite Garius.

"I want to make a new body, do you still have the data?"

"Wow, of course! I'll prepare it soon." Brian excitedly rummaged through the books on his desk and returned to the front of Garius with some parchment sheets which he handed over to Garius.

"Okay, looks like I can still use this skeleton. I just have to recreate the ritual diagram."

"Hahaha, I can't wait to see that ritual process again, Master."

"With so many Magic Beasts in this forest it looks like the material gathering won't take long." when Garius is talking to Brian, Kaku's voice comes from Telepathy.

(Kaku here, the village has been cleared. The messenger has been sent home and we have gathered in front of the Master's terrace.)

"Okay Brian, I'll take care of this first before continuing our conversation."

Garius returned to the porch of his house. There the ninjas knelt in front of his big chair and waited for Garius to sit down before they lifted their heads.

"Kaku, I want the material in this parchment as soon as possible." Garius gives Kaku a list of materials and moves on.

"I want you to pack your belongings."

1