Chapter 51
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3am Iudio beach, the roar of the waves can be heard in the distance. The Ninjas were sitting around a large bonfire. There is still a small laugh from Summer and some of them have fallen asleep leaning on tree trunks.

Garius stroked Adelia's head who was in his arms.

"Mm, the smell of death ~ ?" murmured Adelia.

Eh? Me?

Garius raised his hand to smell it himself.

Ugh, I forgot that I didn't have a sense of smell. But is it true? This can't be allowed!

Garius got up from his seat carrying Adelia with the 'princess carry' and put her in the tent before heading back out to join the ninjas.

"Umm, Lily." asked Garius.

Lily and Summer who were talking reacted with 'Mm?'

"Is that true that ... I smell ?." Garius said while scratching the back of his head.

"Eh, I have no problem with that, Master."

"Me too, don't think too much about it." replied Summer, turning her gaze.

But their answers give Garius an indication that something is wrong with his body and makes Garius curious.

"Eh, I will not be angry. I just want to know the truth because so far no one has said anything. Do I smell?"

"H-how to put it. Master smells like a .. corpse .." Lily dragged her words and closed her eyes anticipating what Garius would do.

But Garius' reaction is not what Lily and Summer imagined. He sat cross-legged in front of them and put a hand on his chin.

"Hmm, so that's how it is. Why doesn't anyone ever tell me. But why is the person I met not bothered?" murmured Garius.

"Umm, Master. If it's about that .. Usually people who often kill will give off a similar scent. So they will only think that Master is someone .. like that. That's why I'm afraid when first I met Master. But now the scent is not as strong as it used to when we first met. " explained Lily.

"Not as strong as .. Hmm, it means that my body was very smelly before. Could it be because the body is a failed product? But my current body is also not perfect. Do I have to make a complete homunculus body so it doesn't smell?." Garius shook his head and smiled bitterly.

"B-but don't worry Master. We are used to it and are not bothered by it at all." Summer tries to cheer up Garius and moves closer and puts her hand on his knee. Summer seemed to want to prove that Garius's scent didn't bother her at all.

"Eh? Hahaha. I was just thinking how to fix my body. Sorry if it bothered you."

"Um, it's fine, Master. I would be happy if I could help." replied Lily.

Lily and Summer still look at Garius with sympathy gaze, however Garius trying to explain it just makes them sad. Lily and Summer, who try to cheer up Garius, start gossiping about the love story of Buta and his wife, which makes the single beastman among the Ninjas jealous, making Summer, Lily and the tiger tribe beastman Tuka, become a targets of affection.

Garius has gone from being an consoled old man into a loyal listener and responding whenever he can. Garius is trapped there until the Ninjas wake up and they say goodbye to start packing their gear.

After being busy for a while, the ninjas finished their work and joined Garius by the beach. Accompanied by the roar of the waves and the sunrise in the distance, it is like trying to erase the dark past of the ninjas and replace it with a bright future.

"Hohoho, beautiful scenery. I get excited .." said Garius.

"Hahaha I'm also sir." Paul laughs, his face is bright and full of energy.

"Okay, we're leaving."

"" "Yes, Master !." ""

With that, they continued on their way. Garius' carriage group moved slowly for twelve hours each day and camped out through the night.

In the carriage, Garius looks like he is closing his eyes as he usually does and Brian in front of him is busy with scattered parchments.

"Argh! Can't! How confusing!" Brian's complaining caught Garius' attention and he opened his eyes.

"Hmm? Why, are you having a hard time ?."

"Yes, this magic circle is really hard to understand." Brian replied.

"Hahaha, that's right. I'm also having a hard time with that magic circle. Looks like it will take a lot of time to understand."

"Master said this magic circle has a coordinate, but I couldn't find anything related to it and the wobble of this carriage makes me sick. Isn't there a way to keep the carriage from swaying like this?"

"That's right, I never thought about it. Come to think of it, it seems like my lack of senses is making me miss something that is usually easy to understand. Looks like I have to talk to you guys to find out what you want. "

"Sorry Master. I didn't mean it like that, I know Master is already busy with many things. I just blurted out."

"Hahaha it's okay, after we finish the chainmail project, I have no idea what to do. I also want to hear their opinion as users of the tools I made."

"Mm, that's right. I haven't received any reports either, so I don't know if the barrier will work properly or not."

* Knock.

There was a knock on the carriage to which Garius answered with 'Yes' and Kaku went inside.

"Master, we've arrived at a small village and the sun will soon set too. I think it's better if we camp there."

"Mm, okay. We'll go into the village and ask permission to camp there."

"Yes, Master."

Garius does not come with Kaku, after hearing that he has the scent of death, Garius feels insecure to meet humans and asks Paul to represent himself to talk to the village head to get permission to camp which immediately gets permission and Garius group set up their tent in the corner of the village .

This fishing village with the main livelihood comes from the sea, this is the first time Garius has seen in Geodia. A row of canoes on the dock and small boats were seen leaning back and forth with the waves, because the sun had already set, almost no one was there. Garius looks around enjoying the scenery before he returns to camp.

"Master !." said Adelia.

"Mm, what are you doing?"

"We were grilling fish, Master. Paul exchanged bread with fish to the fishermen," said Adelia.

"Hou, interesting. You guys continue what you are doing. I just wanted to ask you something." Garius joined the Ninjas and sat among them in front of the fire.

The ninjas are silent and focus on what Garius will say.

"It's not that serious, I just want to hear your opinion with the equipment you already have. I hope you can come clean with your shortcomings so I can make something better than what you already have." Garius paused before continuing. "I also want to know what kind of equipment you guys want. For information, since I'm a lich, I don't have the senses like you guys. So I need your cooperation in this matter."

Garius looked at the ninjas who were silent as if they didn't know what to say and shook his heads.

"Hahaha, there's no need to be tense like that. Hmm, for example like Brian this afternoon. He said that the swaying carriage made him dizzy and nauseous, or could you give them an example?" Garius asked Adelia.

"Me? .. If I'm satisfied with the current equipment. I want the bikini that Master mentioned before." replied Adelia.

"Mm, bikini well .. Okay, anyone else?." Garius looked around before his gaze fell on Kaku.

"Sorry if I'm presumptuous, but I want the equipment made lighter .. Master." answered Kaku.

"Mm, that's right. Because your equipment is made of iron, you will definitely feel its weight. Take it easy, I won't be angry, I just want your opinion."

"I, want a pretty outfit like this, Master." asked Lily, turning to show her maid uniform.

And ninjas including Paul, Sam and Emily shared their opinion. Garius get a lot of ideas from their current conversation, from attractive requests, to requests that don't make sense. But Garius did not show that he was annoyed and continued to listen to them until the end before Garius returned to his carriage.

"Brian, can you give me a summary?"

"Yes, Master." Brian replied and handed him a parchment.

"Interesting, you would never think of things like this, would you, Brian?"

"Hahaha, yes Master. Especially Dogo's request, I don't know where he got an idea like that."

"Hmm, flying? A dog that wants to fly .." Garius smiles.

Indeed Dogo's request sounded like a dream that couldn't possibly come true. But I will make dreams come true and make what was previously impossible come true.

Garius's eyes shine seeing the parchment in his hand, he feels challenged and wants to make everything there. Brian knows what Garius is feeling right now and lets Garius be absorbed in his thoughts.

"Okay, I read the summary. Of all the requests except Buta's for aphrodisiac drugs, it looks like I can do it even though it will take a long time. I will start planning all that is needed to make this happen."

1