Chapter 52
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fashion, cosmetics, cooking recipes, light equipment, flying tools and carriages.

Garius doesn't have a hard time making plans for fashion and cosmetics, because there's not much that Garius can do. The choices of materials were cloth, leather and silk used by the nobles. Since Garius has never seen rubber and zippers in this world, he will start there. Likewise for cosmetics, what Garius can think of is only soap and shampoo that he made for assignments during his school days.

But Garius finds it difficult when he makes plans about cooking. Given that there are not many types of food he has ever eaten, in addition to his stay in the hospital, forcing him to eat hospital dishes, Garius is less knowledgeable about food.

"Looks like I've been living like a Lich before I knew it." Garius laughed bitterly and shook his head.

Garius makes zipper designs, soap recipes, shampoo recipes and notes on what a rubber tree is, which he sets aside by the table and looks back at the wish list.

Umm, since I need rubber and zippers to make new gear, it looks like I'll wait until Kaku finds a rubber tree. Then all that was left was the carriage and the means of flight.

Garius closed his eyes and concentrated, after dark for a while Garius began to see again and found himself in a vacuum surrounded by a shining magic circle. Garius walks past the two magic circles and stops after finding the magic circle he wants to modify.

* Footstep

[Acceleration] magic that accelerates body response and reflex motion.

* Footstep

[Wind Accel] magic to impart a boost to the body with wind to speed up its movement.

* Footstep

[Anti Gravity] magic that makes objects unaffected by gravity.

Garius stretched out his hand to touch the semi-finished earth element magic circle, which he created with [Float] and [Reduce Weight] magic as its base.

As the name suggests, [Float] magic functions to temporarily reduce the weight of an object or living thing. A magic that was underestimated into everyday magic that merchants used. Likewise with [Reduce Weight] which functions to reduce the weight of an object as long as it is given mana and the weight that decreases according to how much mana is given.

Garius feels very lucky to find both magic that he will not be able to create. Because until now he couldn't understand the workings of the magic circle.

As Garius once discussed with Brian that humans use magic only focus on the end result they want and mana will create diagrams automatically which is the opposite of Garius.

Not to mention that the human body can store more mana from a Core because each cell can function as a Core, humans do have many advantages.

Ahem, back to the current topic. The purpose of combining [Float] and [Reduces Weight] magic was to amplify the magic effect and reduce the required mana consumption and now Garius wanted to add [Amplifier] magic to further amplify the effect of [Anti Gravity] magic.

But that's not all Garius has to do. In the previous experiment, Garius discovered that [Anti Gravity] magic could not be affected by boosting magic such as [Wind Accel] or [Thruster] magic which was a [Wind Accel] which had been strengthened.

But this time Garius wants to try a different approach. Previously, he used wind magic to blow the sail of the boat, this time Garius wants to attach the propeller behind the boat as a boost. That way what he had to modify was [Thruster] magic and change its function from summoning wind to windblower.

"But I seem to have forgotten something." Garius comes out of the vacuum and finds Brian staring at him.

"Um, since when were you there ?." asked Garius.

"Three hours ago ?." Brian replied.

"What are you doing .." Garius shook his head.

"I can't wait to hear what Master will do. So I'm waiting here hehehe."

"Ah, that's right. This is a job for you." Garius gives Brian the parchment he put in the corner of the table.

"What is this Master ?."

"It's a zipper."

"But there is no workshop here."

"Use your earth magic to make a temporary house for a workshop."

"Ah that's right, then I'll excuse me Master." After Brian said goodbye, Garius called Adelia and Kaku to give them a task.

(We will camp in this village for a while, Adelia and Kaku please meet me in the carriage, I have something to say.)

(((Yes, Master.)))

Not long after, Kaku and Adelia entered the carriage.

"I want you to find something for me." Garius gives Kaku a parchment with a tree drawing and an explanation.

"Yes Master." Kaku immediately called the ninjas to find what Garius wanted.

"And for you." Garius gave some parchments to Adelia. "This is a recipe for making soap and shampoo. If something is not clear, you can ask Brian."

"Yes, Master." replied Adelia.

(Alright, when you guys find that tree, hurry and tell me.)

(((Yes, Master.)))

"Now I'm going to work. Let me know if something happens," said Garius to Adelia who nodded her head and Garius closed his eyes to modify the magic circle again.

Three days later on a beach some distance from the fishing village, Garius made his first trial.

Garius holds a Wind Core that has been cast with [Thruster] magic and fills it with mana. A magic circle started to glow and a whirlwind began to appear in his hand.

* Whirlwind

The more mana he gave, the whirlwind got bigger. It could be said that the magic circle that Garius created was functioning properly and he was successful in the trials he did.

But the effects of wind magic weren't what Garius wanted. The wind that blows hard does not give a push in one direction and mana Garius used is also very large.

* Sigh

Disappointed, Garius replaced the Core in his hand with a new Core and started a second trial. This time he held the earth element Core that he had cast [Anti Gravity] magic on. As the magic circle starts to glow, Garius's body doesn't lift up like he imagined. He tried to throw the Core and it stayed still in the air while descending slowly until it finally fell to the ground after running out of mana.

Garius is satisfied with his second try. Even though it looked like it didn't make any difference to his first attempt at [Anti Gravity] magic, Garius could see a significant reduction in his mana consumption.

"How did it go, Master?" Adelia, who had been watching, asked Garius.

"Mm, pretty good. I'm just disappointed with the wind magic. But it's okay, that's what research is all about. Then what about the recipe I gave you?"

"I've managed to make it Master, and the results are very satisfying. Look at this Master, my hair is soft like this." Adelia replied excitedly and started stroking her hair to show it to Garius.

"Hahaha, that's great then. Okay, I'll go back to the carriage, please call Brian for me." Garius said to Adelia while stroking her head.

"Yes, Master." Adelia happily answered and immediately ran to get Brian.

Garius returns to the carriage and finds Brian there. Looks like he ran there after hearing from Adelia.

"Master !."

"How is it? Does it work ?." asked Garius as he sat at the table and began to draw a design.

"Yes, Master. But I don't understand what it is for." Brian replied, giving his handiwork to Garius.

*Zip

"Mm, good. I can use this. How many have you made?"

"It's only that one Master .." Brian dropped his shoulders.

"Mm, please make more, I will need a large number of them and I want you to make one of each of these designs." Garius gives Brian a new design which he accepts with shining eyes.

"Yes, Master !."

"Is there any news from Kaku ?."

"No yet Master."

"Okay, I'll continue my work."

"Yes, Master." Brian said goodbye and went to the workshop.

After Brian leaves, Garius goes into a vacuum to re-modify the magic circle. If you look at the results of today's experiment, Garius has found a few things. Since [Thruster]'s magic doesn't push in one direction, Garius plans to use an assistive device to steer the winds out and he has already left the design of the tool to Brian. So all Garius has to do is strengthen wind magic to reduce the required mana consumption.

After Garius felt the magic [Thruster] had reached the maximum point he could do at this time, Garius set aside the magic circle to work on another magic circle. Since Garius has no problem with [Anti Gravity] magic, he will spend his time making a Mana Storage design that will function as a Power Supply while waiting for news from Kaku.

2