Chapter 58
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master!"

Adelia waved her hand at Garius to which he waved back.

It doesn't feel like it's been a year since Garius was summoned to the world of Geodia. Starting from the ritual that turned him into a lich, until he was constantly chased by the holy army troops made him a nomadic and kept moving from place to place.

At first it was very difficult for Garius to adapt to his new life in Geodia, especially with his unique body, he had to always avoid the public eye and struggle to survive from people who wanted to take his life just because he was a Lich. Of all the incidents that happened to him, there was one incident with Emily that made him have a crisis of confidence until he subconsciously closed his heart and acted cruelly by installing a Slave Contract magic circle to the people around him as a guarantee that he felt safer.

But that's not the only reason he uses a slave contract, Garius really needs help to survive in the world of Geodia, so no matter what happens, he can't lose the Ninjas and Adelia. But for those who did not have a slave contract, from the start Garius was ready to get rid of them if there was any indication that there were treason.

In addition to the holy soldiers, there was the Dark Grimoire, or rather a thousand year old lich who wanted to take over Garius' body. Garius didn't understand why the old lich was so persistent with his body even though there were many other humans he could take over his body whenever he wanted. Well, it's not like Garius cares about that, as long as he has bad intentions towards Garius, he won't hesitate to eliminate all threats at the right time.

But not for now, right now he was enjoying the feelings of happiness, excitement, relief, and gratitude that the beastmen exuded to him through the slave contracts. Garius was also still building up the strength to deal with all that posed a threat to him because he knew he couldn't keep running from everything and sooner or later he'd be face-to-face with either the Holy army or the Dark Grimoire one day.

Even though sometimes Garius' lips still said "They are the protectors of humans from demons so it's not right for me to kill them" as a representation of his former human being. Garius knew very well that he would not hesitate to kill them if they attacked him.

"Are you having fun?" Ask Garius

"Yes, Master! I am very happy." Adelia answered cheerfully while occasionally taking breaths to control the exitement within her.

"Who won?."

"Currently Lily's team is two one ahead of the Kaku team, but master is indeed a genius to think of a game like this."

"Just enjoy what you have right now. Isn't that the reason we've worked so hard until now?"

"That's right! Hahaha!"

"They called you, hurry over there and beat them!"

"Yes, Master!" Adelia got up from her seat to join in playing volleyball with the beastmen.

*Sigh~

Garius saw the beastmen on the beach cheering playing beach volleyball in the swimsuits Garius had made. The white one-piece with frills on the waist that Adelia and Emily wore was awesome, but Lily and Tuka's two-piece black bikini caught the eye. Plus the combo of Lily's F-cup and Tuka's E-cup makes the male beastman lose concentration and often make mistakes.

Garius shook his head and leaned back under the tree while looking at the healthy beastmen with tanned skin very different from the first time Garius recruited them in the silent forest.

Especially Summer who is now gaining weight and a little chubby, not as malnourished as when Garius first saw her.

All in all, everything is still going according to plan. Where Garius is playing a strategy game with the Holy Soldiers and who grows faster will come out victorious. Garius is not a gamer and he is also not a researcher, Garius's current strength is only a little knowledge from the books he has read on earth and of course all the advantages of a Lich who is free from the limits of what humans can do. But Garius knew that this would not guarantee the safety of himself and those around him. Therefore he will continue to try to solve magic puzzles in the world of Geodia to be used as a trump card to overcome anyone who comes to rob him of his freedom, and in the worst case scenario, take his life.

For a moment Garius stood there still looking at the beastmen playing, then he started to look around and finally he used Telepathy to contact Brian.

(Brian, are you there.)

(Yes, Master?.)

(I want all the data about Mana we have, can you prepare it in my room?.)

(Yes master.)

(Okay, thanks.)

After seeing the beastmen one last time, Garius leave the beach and returned to his room in an old warehouse in the corner of Forti harbor. When he got to his private room, he put on his lab coat before sitting down and opening the file he had left on the table.

A magic circle, this is what Garius relies on to survive in the world of Geodia. Illustrated circuit diagrams use simple component drawings, whereas schematic diagrams show components and circuit interconnections using standard symbolic representations.

Garius remembers the first time he saw an image like this when he was working on an electronics project for a prosthetic leg. The difference is, what he draws this time is not only a symbolic representation but the components themselves. Components that if arranged correctly and systematically will become a diagram that can create phenomena.

Unlike one year ago when he created an alchemy magic circle beside the large pot. Garius had made a lot of progress, his shaking hands were steady and fluent, plus the slave tool for recording templates for magic diagrams made him even more positive with magic potential compared to the superficial elementary martial arts knowledge he learned as a child.

Day by day he learned that until now he had almost mastered all low and intermediate level magic by Magic Academy standards. By the way, Garius didn't find anything interesting about magic in the textbooks which 80% were destructive magic and 15% were support magic. Garius is more interested in the remaining 5% of magic which according to the magicians of the Geodia world is useless magic or cheap magic, for example Scale magic which traders use to determine the weight of an object.

Everyday magic that magicians really take for granted even though they use it at every time and opportunity. Unbeknownst to them, Scale can not only weigh weight from mass, but measure everything. Whether it's distance, specific gravity, density, and much more. Garius just needed to modify the Scale diagram a bit and voila~ Garius got a multi-purpose measuring device that he inserted into the non-elemental cores in his eyes, and now in addition to virtual eyes with green light shapes in their sockets, Garius put cores in place of his eyeballs.

Scale was only one of the everyday magics that caught Garius' attention, but due to time constraints, he had to focus more on diagrams that had a big impact on increasing the abilities of the beastmen in battle and most diagrams like these took up so much time that he couldn't explore the unique magic that he wants.

'Perhaps that's why these magics were put aside because the magicians were too busy with magic that supported the war. Then.. Hahaha I better not be too quick to judge other magicians.'

*Knock

While Garius was still busy with his diagram, there was a knock on the door of his room.

"Yes?"

"Master, it's me." Brian's voice came from behind the door.

"Mm(nod), come in." Garius replied.

"Excuse me.. Master, here is the data you want."

"Good. Put it on the table, is this all?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, you can come back."

"Yes, Master."

"Where are the others, are they still playing on the beach?"

"They.. Oh, the beastmen and the others are already at the inn. They are currently having dinner."

"Hmm? You didn't join?"

"Well, I think Master really needed this data so I immediately handed it over before I went to dinner with the others."

"Alright, I won't bother you with my questions anymore. Get some rest, looks like you've lost weight."

"Yes, Master. Excuse me then."

"Mm (nod)."

It wasn't long before Garius heard a click indicating that the door was closed and he started reading Brian's file.

Mana, a unique energy of the Geodia world that until now Garius has not found the limit to the extent of the effects or phenomena that can be generated through the magic circle process.

Mana Storage is a magic circle that functions to lock mana from escaping from storage and until now, the most stable place to store mana was a core from a Magic Beast.

Mana Absorption is a magic circle that is used to gather and fill mana into Mana Storage.

'Mm, then what about the human?'

1