Chapter 59
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ugh.. I can't, I really don't understand how mana works in the human body, I'd better discuss this further with Brian who is actually a human.'

Garius placed Brian's file on the side of the table before returning to open another parchment on his desk.

'Ugh, this can't work either. I haven't found a way to reduce the mana required to activate this magic circle.'

Garius rolled up his Anti Gravity magic parchment diagram and didn't know what to do.

'Then what... Looks like Brian has gone back to his room at the inn to sleep, as well as Adelia and the others.'

Garius got up from his seat and looked out the window, even though it was a window, the view he saw was only a 20m² warehouse and he was currently in a four square meter wide room which was a guard post to keep an eye on the goods stored in the warehouse.

Garius exited the room and arrived at a two meter wide balcony before he descended the small staircase to descend down.

It was dark and silent, only the occasional sound of the waves could be heard in the distance. With small steps he walked in the darkness and didn't realize until he arrived at the edge of the harbor. The land wind began to blow hard, making the lab coat flapping with the wind.

Garius looked at his two hands which had started to rot. Many parts had been chipped away until he could see the bones, or rather the rusty iron that he had used as the skull.

*Sigh~

'My body has problems too, whatever I do doesn't prevent my body from rotting like this.'

Garius made a movement like he was taking a deep breath and sat down on the wooden floor, not long after that came the sound of footsteps from the direction of a large boat.

*duk duk duk duk

Garius quickly put on his skull mask and put his hands in his pants pockets.

"Whoa! What the heck.."

"..."

"Are you human?"

'Eh? Does he realize that I'm not human?'

"What?" asked Garius.

"Hell man, you scared the sh** out of me. What the heck are you doing in a place like this man."

Garius saw the person in front of him, with unsteady steps he approached and sat not far from Garius. It looked like he was drunk.

"I think I met a sea ghost or something. Hey, say something will ya."

"Hahaha, well, is there anything I can help you with?" Garius was amused by that person's behavior.

"Help? What can I do for you? Hahaha nothing! No one can help me."

"Too bad.."

"Yes bad, that girl is bad. But what you can do? Love it's not enough. You need money you know, money!."

"Of course-" Garius didn't know where their conversation was going but he tried to respond before being cut off by that person.

"And stop talking about the 'something money can't buy' thing, I've heard enough. Hiccup."

"Hahaha looks like you've been through a lot."

"Are you laughing at me? Well, okay. Laugh, laugh to your heart's content. I don't give a ss-"

*Puke

“Whoa..” Garius quickly pulled the person's body before he plunged into the sea while he was vomiting.

Because Garius pulled the guy's collar from behind when he wanted to nose dive into the water, messing up the guy's clothes with what he wanted to throw into the water through his mouth.

"Wha- What's that for?"

"You almost fell and drowned there. Be careful."

"Is that so? Fine, but geez.. you stink man. You smell like a corpse?"

"Oh, I don't want to hear that from you." Garius rolled his eyes and looked at the person's messy clothes and the person realized where Garius was looking.

"Hahaha, I guess we're getting even?"

"Are you asking me?"

"Ha ha ha." the man laughed and then rested his head on the dirty wooden floor.

*Sigh~

"Then, what are you doing here? Walking around drunk like that?"

"Who's drunk? Me? Tch, you don't know what drunkenness is. I'm the captain who sailed the sea of ​​Solus you said drunk? There are times when ignorance becomes a blessing. If I was on duty I might have told my men to chop off your head. But because I'm relaxing now I forgive you. Hiccup."

Garius paid no heed to that person's threat and asked. "Yeah yeah whatever. So what is the Captain doing here."

"I do not know."

Garius rolled his eyes and tried his best not to sink the self-proclaimed captain in the sea. While holding back his irritation, Garius came up with an idea to tease that person.

"Are you really a Captain? Can you prove it?"

"Heh, of course. People call me Captain Dodo and do you see the white ship there? She's the Seagull, my loyal companion across the seas."

"Seagull? Does that mean it can fly?"

"Tch, this is what happens when you talk to ordinary people. Things, things, she's not things! That's my girl Seagull okay..."

'Hmm, looks like he's serious about his sailor self. I better not go too far with my teasing about the boat.'

Garius saw the captain Dodo in front of him who continued to proclaim the privilege of Seagull and began to tell the story of his adventures in the sea of ​​Solus without disturbing him. At first he only half-heartedly listened until Dodo began to tell him about a remote island in the Solus archipelago where there was a temple that worshiped not one god, but many. In addition to the temple, Dodo also found many strange birds which according to historians are the dodo bird which is now his nickname as the first person to discover the island.

'Hou, does that mean he is Christopher Columbus in the world of Geodia? Hahaha no way, right? But I'm more interested in the temple, what gods are there?'

"Hey~ are you listening? Hey~."

"Ah yes, I just didn't think you were such a great person."

"Heh, now you know that I'm Captain Dodo~..."

*Snore~

'Uh, is he asleep? Oh my, then how do I get out of this. Do I have to be stuck with this guy until morning?'

Garius who was sitting on the edge of the pier with his legs dangling down shifted in front of Dodo and crossed his legs with his hands supporting his chin thinking about what he should do. Will he leave Dodo there or throw him into the sea erasing all traces once and for all..

'Geez, what was I thinking hahaha.'

But before long there was the sound of footsteps approaching from the direction of Seagull followed by the anxious voice of someone.

"Hey, did you hear that? That's the Captain's snoring, he must be nearby. Find it quickly."

'Eh? How can they recognize people by snoring?'

"That's it.. Hey who are you, what are you doing?"

One by one men in sailor uniforms began to appear on the dock until Garius was surrounded. But he didn't move an inch from there and kept his legs crossed in front of the sleeping Dodo.

"Ah, I'm just a passersby who happened to come across this guy who almost fell into the sea. Is he your captain?"

For a moment the sailors exchanged glances before one of them approached and inspected Dodo. Having not found what he was looking for, the sailor breathed a sigh of relief then thanked Garius and ordered the other sailors to take Dodo to Seagull.

"Well, thanks dude."

"Eh, why are you thanking me?" asked Garius who did not understand the attitude of the sailors who could be said.. Too trusting and not suspecting Garius for anything.

"You see that... This isn't the first time the captain has disappeared.. the captain can be a handful sometimes, hope he doesn't bother you too much."

"I see, no problem. Me and him just happened to meet, that's all."

"Okay then, sorry if I can't stay here long because we need the land breeze to push us into the middle of the ocean so.. "

"Oh sure. Save Journey!"

"Thanks." The sailor waved his hand and disappeared on the deck of the ship.

Garius kept an eye on the sailors who were getting busy raising the sails and pulling anchors. From the seamless cooperation between the crew of the ship moving like one body, Garius can see a lot of things they have gone through together when they sailed in the middle of the ocean. Plus the state of being away from the mainland for a very long time. It might drive people crazy, so Garius didn't doubt the mental strength of the sailors in the face of loneliness.

'Hmm, perfect coordination. But I'm sure that the beastmen are no less compact than them... What am I doing, comparing normal humans to mutants hahaha.'

While looking at Seagull who was getting further and further into the ocean, Garius just stood there enjoying his free time without thinking about anything until the sunrise began to appear, then Garius returned to his room in the warehouse and immediately called Brian to meet him.

While waiting for Brian to fulfill his 'human' needs, Garius cleaned the flesh that was still attached to his body leaving a rusty metal frame.

*Knock

"Master.."

"Come in."

Brian awkwardly entered the room and found a skeleton in a lab coat sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Owah, w-what happened to your body Master?"

"Like the previous body, the flesh is starting to rot, but you don't have to think about it. Let me handle this myself."

"I see... Then is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yes, I want you to explain how mana works in the human body and the detailed process of man manipulating mana."

"Ah, I forgot to include the file yesterday.."

"Hmm? So you already have the data?"

"Yes Master, even if it's just a little bit, I've researched how Mana works in the human body. But... I don't want Master to expect much from my research."

"Mm, it's fine. Try to present to me, I want to hear it directly from you."

"With pleasure!." Brian excitedly got up from his seat and handed Garius a few pieces of paper before starting to explain his theory.

1