Chapter 60
141 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I got this data after noticing the mana in my body and the people around me.

The human body can store more mana or rather make mana swirl around its body. So mana is not stored in the body, but is collected around the body and will be absorbed as needed.

As for the maximum limit I can't calculate it for sure because the size keeps changing and I haven't found the cause of the fluctuation. For now I'm giving an average rating of about twice the amount of mana a core can store."

"Then how can they run out of mana if they can absorb mana at will?"

"About that.. Hahaha." Brian suddenly became excited and Garius could see Brian smiling from ear to ear.

"What, come on don't make me curious."

"Hahaha no, sorry. I'm just too excited.

I couldn't find the reason at first. But after doing a lot of experimenting using magic in a human way which then changed to the way Master used I started to get clues from there and got the answer.

As we discussed earlier, the Master creates a magic circle first before creating the phenomenon, whereas humans directly create the phenomenon and leave the formation of the magic circle to the surrounding mana to create the magic circle automatically and this method uses twice the mana of the method Master uses. "

"Hmm, so you mean the difference lies in the efficiency of using mana?"

"Yes, Master."

"Doesn't that mean they can save more mana if they use Magic Weapons?"

"Right! Hahaha. But no human would use every drop of mana to test that Master. If humans could use ten Fire Balls without a Magic Weapon, they wouldn't use a Fire Ball eleven times despite using a Magic Weapon."

"Why?." Garius was very curious about Brian's statement.

"Does Master know about mana deprivation?"

"Ah.." Garius nodded his head repeatedly as a sign he understood what Brian meant before asking. "Then how do you know the maximum amount of mana a human has, are you..."

"Hahaha of course not, I still want to live Master. As Master knows..

Mana deprivation is a condition where humans lack mana in their bodies which can cause bodily damage to the point of death because human mana are connected to their cells. I wasn't going to mess with it, so I used two ways of using magic with half of the mana I had.

After I used half my mana I counted how many phenomena I created. I did it the human way as well as yours until I got this data."

"Hmm, fine then. Don't make me worry like that.." Garius looked at Brian while stroking his head.

"Mm, hehe." Brian was amused by Garius' reaction and started laughing in a tone that was... Creepy.

"Okay, then do you know how humans can absorb that much mana in such a short amount of time?"

"Mm, here are my notes on that." Brian handed Garius a piece of parchment before continuing.

"Humans' superiority in manipulating mana lies in their cells. But there are points I must underline here.

First, humans can absorb as much mana around them. But no where is beyond that.

Second, humans gather mana around them just like a core.

Third, which capacity humans can use is bigger than a core and they can expand umm.. For that I don't know how. But I've seen my teacher at the academy who had double my mana."

"Doesn't that mean the human body is no different from a core? Because Magic Beasts can also absorb whatever amount of mana is in the core to create phenomena."

"Yes, Master. The only difference is that humans can increase their storage capacity."

'Wait a minute, what is the difference between Humans and Magic Beasts that their mana processing methods are so different... Is it because of Intelligence? If in the game it is true that magic is influenced by Intelligence or INT but this is not a game, what does INT have to do with magic..'

'Is it because humans use their minds to create phenomena, while magic beasts only use instinct.. No. Humans also use instinct when using magic..'

'Consumption? Reproduction? Habitat? But isn't using magic like a natural thing for creatures in the Geodia world. Natural? natural..

That's it, Natural!

Humans learn to use magic, while magic beasts wait until the core naturally forms in their bodies, then magic beasts can use magic.

Learn and experience..

And from Brian's summary I found the similarities between humans and magic beasts in terms of mana. That is the mana processor of the core or the human body. Something that process the mana in the core or, to process the mana going around in the human body. Both have something that can absorb mana freely, only the storage method is different.'

"Brian, I have a question for you. How did you learn to use magic?"

"Umm, to use magic first humans learn to sense the surrounding mana before channeling the mana throughout the body and then concentrating it on certain body parts to create phenomena. For example if you want to throw a fireball, the mana will flow into your hands to create a fireball. What's the matter, Master?"

"Hmm, taste.. With what do you feel mana? Sense of taste? Is there a certain feeling when mana flows through your body, such as a feeling of electric shock, warm or cold?"

"I also don't know, I only know that mana is there. As for certain feelings, no.. There is no such feeling, more of a virtual feeling that is directly felt by the mind."

"Mm, now what do you think we're going to use to make a big power supply?" Garius leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

After all the discussion about mana, Garius got into the main topic he wanted to cover.

"Umm, a large core or... a human body?"

"Hahaha! Actually who is a Lich here. Why would you come to such a conclusion."

"Those are the only two I can think of, Master." Brian answered with a bitter smile.

"Okay now it's my turn. Listen. Magic Beasts and Humans have one thing in common, which is that they can absorb as much mana as they have stored or accumulated. Which means they have something to process mana and they use it naturally. using a large core or a human body isn't wrong, but you forgot one thing that is me.

I didn't use my body to gather mana and make it circulate around my body, nor did I use my body to crystallize mana into cores in my body. I can also directly use magic without learning and from there I conclude that what you need to use magic is spirit because the 'something' to process mana is in spirits."

There was one thing Garius didn't tell Brian. If Garius could learn to manipulate mana without using his Core, perhaps he could make mana gather around his body like a human. But it was still speculation with no concrete evidence, so Garius still kept it a secret from Brian.

"And there's one more thing, have you ever heard of wraiths, specters, phantoms or ghosts? Those creatures don't have bodies, so how can they move or touch things if not with magic? They manipulate the surrounding mana."

If Garius' theory is correct and he can manipulate mana without using his core, he can still live even if his core is destroyed. But a theory is still a theory, that doesn't mean it's a fact and Garius isn't ready to prove his theory yet.

"Now, apart from shoes, what are you working on?" asked Garius.

"Um, Thruster?"

"Mm, is there any progress?"

"Nothing yet, the mana used is still huge, not to mention the idea of ​​making magic circles work without tools. I really don't know where to start."

"Alright, you're back to your job. For the Thruster, we'll still be using the assistive device to direct its thrusts. You just have to figure out a way to reduce the consumption of mana needed."

"Yes, Master. Then I'll excuse myself."

After Brian left, Garius got up from his seat and picked up the parchment that Brian had left. He compared the data from mana storage and mana absorption with the data he had.

'Hmm? he had calculated that humans can store 200 mana and can regenerate 1 mana per second? Then what about the cores.'

Garius searched Brian's files and found what he was looking for.

'Core can store up to 100 mana and can regenerate 1 mana per second, regeneration can't be increased by adding magic circle Absorbtion?.'

Garius couldn't contain his curiosity and directly contacted Brian via Telepathy.

(Brian.)

(Y-yes?)

(Here, I see you have calculated the amount of mana in the human body. But I wonder where you got these figures from?)

(Ah, sorry master it was just a rough idea from me, that's why I didn't mention it earlier. It's just an estimate with 100% as the idea.)

(Then why do humans have 200%?)

(That's because humans have twice the mana of a core.)

(Hmm, okay. I'll see if I can use this data. I'm interested in your idea of ​​numbering Mana like this.)

(Really? Hahaha thanks Master.)

Garius had been meaning to make a unit for mana like this for a long time, but he couldn't find a way to measure how much mana was in a core. But now he already had a suitable tool or magic for it.

Without wasting any time Garius took out the Lich-Core and watched for a moment before he used Analysis magic on his eyes which was a modified result of Scale's magic.

Slowly Garius' vision began to change, from normal vision to black and white for a moment before numbers began to appear filling his vision. Garius started to focus on the Lich-Core and numbers started appearing in his head.

'My mana capacity is 112 mana?.

When I use anti gravity and thruster magic, I can last from 6 to 9 minutes before running out of mana. Because I used a combination of wind, earth and Lich Core Sub-Core. Meaning I used 150 mana for each magic.

To be sure, an ordinary human or beastman wouldn't be able to last more than 5 minutes to stay flying in the air.

Okay, let's do it.'

Garius started experimenting with magic and recorded all the data measured using Analyze. From the data he obtained, magic could be divided into three types and three levels.

The first type is ordinary magic like fireball which absorbs mana and then releases it to create phenomena.

The second type is magic that must be maintained in existence, starting from the formation of phenomena, the user must continue to supply mana to keep the magic active.

The third type is paste magic. Which can be divided into two kinds, namely dormant patch magic like [Mine] which can last for a very long time and only activates if it is 'activated' and active patch magic like [Float] which Garius once used on Adelia.

And the last one is the combination magic of the three.

As for the level of magic, Garius distinguished it by the total mana used. Low magic for magic that uses 1 to 20 mana, medium for 20 to 50 and high for magic that uses more than 50 mana for a single use.

After Garius got enough data for magic, Garius returned to his first goal of making a power supply. Originally he wanted to use the rotation system like beastman weapons and use four earth cores and four wind cores to maintain anti-gravity and thruster magic. But that wasn't what Garius wanted, he wanted to make a generator that could absorb and store large amounts of mana like a power plant.

Then what about Brian's idea of ​​using a large Core or a human body? Both can be done, the main problem is that one core or a human can only absorb 1 mana per second from the surrounding mana, so the rotation system has an advantage in mana absorption.

'Isn't there a way to speed up the mana absorption process? Actually what is the barrier to absorbing more mana. Is there any further process after which natural mana is absorbed by the core, such as changing the composition of which is to be safe for use? Or something else. After all I never knew how a core process absorbed mana.'

After an idea popped into his head, Garius immediately wanted to found out the answer to his question. Garius watched the Lich Core hovering in front of him with his new eyes intently without even blinking. 

3