Volume 1 Chapter 5 | The marines
1.1k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The marines are finally here, they have docked their ship. It wasn’t a big ship but it still looked cool as hell. Made entirely from wood with 1 big mast on the boat to make it sail. Painted in green. And on the side in big white letters MARINE. Francis and I walked up the gangway of the marine-ship. On the ships deck were a few marine soldiers. They were all wearing those typical marine capes and caps. Although they look way more masculine in person then when seeing them in the series. Francis and a soldier were discussing something that I couldn’t follow. The soldier nodded and allowed me and Francis to go further.

When we got on the deck we were getting escorted to the cabin of the ship. It wasn't a big ship so it only took a few steps. As we entered the cabin there saw a giant man. Being around 2,5 meters tall, he was the tallest person I have seen so far! 'could this guy even fit in my previous room?' “Close your mouth, boy. It is rude to stare.” Francis told me with a teasing smile. I shocked and got embarrassed for a sec and adjusted my surprised face to a more serious one. We introduced each other. The captains name was Akko. The man had short hair and had a scar on his left cheek. He didn't look that scary as i thought most marines would look like. While I was looking around Francis and Akko were discussing things but it was too fast for me to follow.

The room didn’t look too shabby, some delicious looking fruits on the table and pictures on the wall. Maybe this ship is from the captain himself? After Francis and Akko were done the captain of the ship grabbed a Den Den Mushi and started speaking to me. “So, your name is George, right? And because you don’t remember anything after being stranded here you wanted to know if there is any missing person information?” I looked at him with resolute eyes and nodded. “Then, excuse for me for a minute.” As he walked out of the cabin leaving me and Francis behind.

Since I was kinda curious I asked Francis what they were talking about and Francis explained using the snail that was left behind. The marine are here just for a weekly update on how the village is doing. Apparently this island is one of the few islands that can make a certain fruit making it a rarity but because of how little inhabitants there are they can’t produce a lot.

After a while the captain came back. He grabbed the Den Den Mushi and started talking. “We couldn’t find any missing person info or any information that would describe you, you are all on your own”. But to his surprise instead of the boy being let down he was kinda cheerful.

‘Phew, so this isn’t a random body that I stole.’ I was relieved to hear that. After he had told us the information we said our goodbyes and we were escorted to leave the ship. As we left the ship I look at Francis and i can see he wants to ask me something. It was kinda awkward since we couldn't really talk without a snail. So we had to walk all the way back to the office to discuss stuff.

‘I know what he is gonna ask and I have been asking that question for myself for a while too. What am I gonna do next? Should I stay or should I leave?’ After thinking for a while I came to a conclusion. ‘Ill stay for a bit longer and learn the language, in that period ill build up my body more and then I’m gonna leave the island. I want to explore this world and find out why and how I got here.’ After making my decision it felt like a huge stone had been lifted from my back. This was something that had been pestering me for a while.

When we finally arrived back at the office. I explained Francis what I was gonna do and he agreed with me. I told him I wanted to train myself to get stronger. After Francis heard that you could see a smile form and he said “I could help you with that, after all I had trained with the marine.” Somehow that didn’t sound as friendly as it should.

 

Heyo, author here. This was a bit awkward to write for me, don't know why. If you see any mistakes be sure to let me know.
Thanks for reading.

30