Volume 1 Chapter 16 | Foosha village
704 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood up early, got down and payed the inn for breakfast before leaving the town. ‘How do I even leave this city, there are walls all around it’. After asking around for a bit I found out that there is a way to leave, via the gate in the northern east part of the city and of course I was at the southern east part of the wall. ‘I don’t have time to wait for that’. I grabbed a stone and threw it over the wall. Pof!, I appeared at the other side of the wall.

In the distance you could already see the slums that looked more like a garbage place and you could spot some people coming out of it. Seeing this dumpster reminded me that the city was a place for nobles and the villages outside the city for the normal people. It didn’t really strike me that much till now. My route to Foosha Village was via the Gray Terminal.

Upon arrival I was stopped by two guys with poor looking clothes and two knifes. “What are you doing here?” The first guy asked. “Why don’t you give us that good looking bag”. The second guy demanded. The two looked nervous and pointed their knives at me. I looked at them and sighed. “Don’t even bother, I am no match for you two”. I grabbed my bag and threw two coins towards them. “Here, take this. I am in a good mood today”. I said as I walked past them. “I know you have more!” The first guy yelled. “Let’s get him bro, we’ll be rich!”

They jumped at me with their knives out first. I turned around, dodged to the side and pummelled my fist into one of the guys face. He fell on the ground, I surprised myself. ‘I didn’t know I could knock someone out that easily’. The other guy kneeled down to help his friend. I turned around and left them behind. ‘I should have asked for directions, this place is like a maze’. After walking for a bit I asked a man for directions and fortunately my sense of direction hadn’t failed me and I was already heading the right way.

‘Finally, I can see the end of this garbage place’. Less and less garbage was around and I could see trees in the distance. I figured it was gonna be two more hours of walking before I reach Foosha Village. After finally leaving Gray Terminal I could see the village. It wasn’t big or little, it had a small harbour and some windmills with farmlands surrounding it. ‘That looks really relaxing from up here’ I thought as I was walking down the big hill.

I descended down the hill towards the village and the weather was perfect and relaxed. The sun is perfect, Just walking down the gravelly path with a soft wind blowing in my face is so relaxing. ‘I could probably spend the rest of my life here just honestly working’. When I finally arrived I asked directions to the inn of the town and booked a room. Then I headed towards the harbour and asked if there was ever going to be a ship headed towards Shimotsuki Island. “The next boat going towards Shimotsuki is going to leave in one and a half week”. ’That’s a long time’ I thought to myself.

‘I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands. Ill relax and train while I am still in the village’. With my hands behind my head I was strolling around the village. There were very few houses and the people living there were really nice. I also encountered Woop Slap, the mayor, we didn’t say anything but he did give me a funny look.

After strolling for a bit I stood still, Partys Bar, the bar where Luffy got his rubber power and shanks sometimes comes for a drink. I am standing in front of the place where it all begun. I was just staring at it. After a while a feminine voice from within the establishment sounded “Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna come in?” A woman walked out of the bar. “Do you want a drink?” She said. It shocked me a bit “My apologies, yes I would like a drink” I replied. I walked after the woman inside the bar. ‘It looks exactly like in the anime’ I thought as I looking around the bar. I turned towards the lady behind the counter “Some lemonade will do, it’s still midday so I shouldn’t drink yet”. I looked at her and thought ’Makino sure is a beauty’.

“So, what is your name, traveller?” Makino asked me “We don’t get much travellers here”. She added “My name is George. I came here because I heard that Shanks comes here sometimes, I am quite the admirer you see”. That answer caught her off guard, she had a surprised face. I looked around and continued my sentence “They also told me that Partys Bar is his usual drinking place”. I turned back to her “And what is your name?” Her surprised face quickly turned back to her normal smile “The names Makino, I’m the owner of this bar”. She handed me the lemonade. “I had no idea Shanks was so popular”.

It was getting late in the afternoon and I was getting hungry “You know a place to eat?” I asked Makino. “If you need food, I serve that here, you want some?” she replied. “That is handy, sure, anything with meat will do”. She walked towards the back part of the bar where the kitchen probably is. As it was getting later some of the villagers also sat down at the bar. Looking at the villagers I thought ’So when they are done working they come to drink and admire Makino huh’. as I saw all the gazes. ‘Isn’t she bothered by it?’

The next few days I would train in the morning and the middays I would go to Partys Bar to drink something refreshing and waste some time talking to Makino. One day Makino asked “Me and the mayor will go to Mt. Corvo in 2 days, wanna join us?” I made a surprised face and thought ’Isn’t Luffy living on those mountains right now with Ace and the mountain bandits?’ I looked at her and said “What are you gonna do there, isn’t that dangerous?” She grabbed a glass and said “We are gonna visit some friends in the mountain and we have a strong escort with us so nothing will happen”. My surprised face started to look confused. ‘Was there anyone strong in the village? I don’t remember anyone being strong in the village’. I regained my composure “Sure, that sounds fun, a trip through the mountains”.

Two days passed, it’s morning and I just finished my morning run. I went back to the inn to pack some stuff and I was ready to leave. Makino and the mayor were already there. “So, where is our escort?” I asked. “He will be coming shortly, he is always a bit late” Makino replied. After waiting for a bit he was finally here. I couldn’t believe it.

17