Volume 1 | Chapter 19 | Shimotsuki
335 11 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking a few hours Me, Makino, Woop and Garp made it back to Foosha Village. We all said our goodbyes and went our own ways. I went back to the inn and booked 2 more nights. After booking I went to the harbor to indicate that I was here and I could help with loading the ship. ‘I really hope this trip to Shimotsuki will pay off and I manage to find myself a teacher’ I thought to myself while walking towards the inn. The next day nothing much happened, I helped loading some goods onto the ship, did my daily training, visited the bar in the evening and then went back to the inn.

Morning broke and I was up early, today is the day I leave for Shimotsuki. While helping load some cargo I met the captain of the ship. Jonno, a blond big guy with a big moustache, it’s what you would imagine a biker would look like if he was the captain of a ship. The mercenary hired to protect the ship was a guy named Zion. He didn’t look like a big fighter because he didn't have much muscle, he is a little bit taller than me, apparently he made a name for himself within the mercenary world. When asking the ships captain about it he told me he usually takes this trip, that it is about a week of traveling to get to the island and that I didn't have to worry about it that much. It was time to leave, before i left a few guys from the bar came to say their goodbyes before I hopped aboard the ship.

While we were sailing nothing much happened. The only thing we saw were enormous fish, they looked a bit like big Relicanth. While on the boat i asked Jonno and Zion if they knew some stuff about Shimotsuki. I learned that its not a big island and that there is only 1 village. They also told me that the son of a great swordsman lived there and he owned a dojo. The village isn't big and most of the time people come here in the hopes of getting accepted as a disciple at the dojo.

8 days had passed since we left Foosha and in the distance we finally saw land. It was late in the afternoon and we still had to unload the cargo so we didnt have a lot of time before evening hit. When we harbored I had to help a bit with unloading before i could leave. The ship would stay for 2 days and I still have to help unloading the next day. After helping i was planning to search for an inn. while searching Imade a little walk in the town. It looked to be a peacefull village but it's diverse amount of shops make it seem like a lot of tourism comes here. 'Maybe this town is bigger then I expected it to be' I thought as i was walking. Evening was coming and I quickly searched for a place to stay at and quickly found an inn when I started asking around. After the room was booked and I had ate something I went to bed. 'Now that I'm here my next chapter is gonna start.' I thought as i was falling asleep.

I woke up and did my morning routine and got hyped up, I immediatly decided to go to the dojo. I asked a local for the whereabouts and I managed to find the dohjo. 'Finally it's gonna happen, I'm gonna be a cool swordsman.' Or so I thought.
"We don't accept any more poeple." Said the person who answered the door. I got a bit flustered "HEH! but I traveled so far to get here!" I said. "We hear that all the time but we are full, master has it's hands full with the amount of people he has to teach." the guy answered with a serious tone. 'There is no way that it is ending this way right?' In my last retaliation I said "I have the money if that's what you are concerned about." the guy looked annoyed "look, it's not about the money, it's just that there is too much to do already, sorry bud." He then closed the door.

I couldn't believe it. 'I couldn't really recall the dohjo being busy, although there wasn't that much to info about it.' Just to ease my dissapointed and annoyed mood I decided to do a little eavesdropping, picked a tree that would be high enough to see over the fence and watched into the garden where they were training. I could see around 10 people and one at the end which i assume to be the master. After a few minutes I decided it was useless to watch anymore and that he probably had a good reason that he didn't take any more students.
As I was about to leave the branch i was sitting on suddenly collapsed. Because it was so sudden I panicked a bit but got my act together and right before it hit the ground I tried to teleport away but I got a huge headache instead while I was hitting the ground. 'What the fuck just happened' My head was spinning like a mad man and my butt hurt from the fall. It took a few seconds for the spinning in my head to slowly settle. I was looking around to see what was happening and I saw that someone was holding my hand. 'Ugh, what is this guy made out of? Why couldn't I teleport away?' I looked a bit closer and the guy looked like he had some trouble too.

"Who are you?" the man asked. I saw that more men were gathered around. "I just wanted to know why i was rejected". I said with a headache. The guy looked at me with a confused face "then why were you able to exert such force?" I was flabbergasted 'Wait, he felt a force? Was it from my devil fruit power? Did he stop it?' I looked at him with a serious face "I can't tell you with all these people arounds." He looked around with an annoyed face and told everyone to go back to training. When everyone left he said "Everyone is gone". I tried to stand up but I fell back down cause i still felt some pain. I looked back up again 'I think it's safe to tell him, right?' I thought for a bit before answering "I think you felt my devil fruit power". I looked at him holding my hand "I won't run away so can you let go of my hand?" The man looked like he was in thought and let go of my hand. After a few seconds of thinking he looked back at me "If you already have power, why come here?" He asked me. 'Huh, he doesn't he care what kind of power I have? Maybe he is one of those poeple who don't care'. My face changed serious and I replied "I have some poeple I need to save and for that I need to get stronger".

Hi again, been away for a while. Sorry about that.
Question, who or what organisation in the one piece world would hold a lot of information about anything? Something like an information broker.

Also, next chap might involve some actual plot...

4