Volume 1 | Chapter 20 | Training
407 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

===========================
somewhere underground.

"Where is he? Did we do something wrong?" Said a man angrily. "I-I don't know, I-I think I did everything right" a woman replied. The man started walking in circles "We have to find him" he stopped to think. "I-I think we should tell him" the woman said. "Are you crazy? He'll kills us if he finds out what we did and heard that it went wrong". He turned to the woman "Assemble a party and start searching!" He said angrily. "Eep! W-will do sir" she replied. She ran up the stairs.
The man left behind started walking in circles 'I can't say that we did nothing. I have to show something' The man was thinking. 'That's right, I'll find out what was wrong and do it again. Then when I do succeed I'll never mention this misshap and maybe I'll even get something good as a reward".

===========================
Back on Shimotsuki Island.

Three years passed in the blink of an eye.
The man's name is Koushiro, the master of this dohjo. The reason why he took me in still isn't really clear to me. Maybe it was my personality or he really liked my good reflexes. Whatever it was he agreed to teach me but only the basics of swordmanship since he doesn't like teaching people with devil fruit powers.

My training started with meditating a lot. He said that with a calm mind your senses get sharper and you can make better decisions. This took about a week. But I think this was just to see how much patience I had because the moment I asked if we were gonna do anthing else he immediatly agreed.

After meditating we worked on my stances. I had to stand for hours without moving a single finger. This was hard. Maybe that meditating was to prepare me for this. When 3-4 months had passed just improving my stances I finally got to hold a sword. A wooden one but a sword nonetheless. Only training my stances and basic swordmanship. It was pretty harsh, it felt like I never got any stronger when facing Koushiro. This took about 2 years.

Current time

Koushiro called for me to come to the office which was just a fancy word for living room. He told me to sit down "You are done with your training" Huh, I made a confused face "So sudden? It doesn't feel like I've improved that much though". Koushiro said down "You are just seeing how much you can still improve. And I only agreed to teach you the basics. I've kept you here for too long". He turned his head to me. "Besides, don't you have poeple to save?" he said. I looked around cause I didn't really know what to say. Before I could give an answer he continued "Stay here for a bit" and left.

While waiting in the room I started thinking. 'After coming to this world, these three years were the first time I really started thinking about what happened to me and what I want to do. Of course exploring is still a thing but I also want to know how I got here. I thought about it more and it seems strange to me that it was just pure coincidence, I just "accidently" openeded a gate to another world seems so unplausible to me. So I'm gonna search for information.'

Koushiro came back in the room with a long box in his hand. He sat down and laid the box in front of me. "This is something every master does when sending their student away" he said. I looked at it with with an interest. "You can open it" he added. I grabbed the long box while saying "Thank you". I opened the package and in it was a katana, it was still in its scabbard. 'holy shit a real katana'. I hold the katana in my hand and investigated it. "So what are you gonna do next?" Koushiro asked. I looked at him "I think I wanna cross reverse mountain and explore some more of the world for now". I looked at the katana and started pulling it out of the scabbard. "It's not recommended to go there alone" Koushiro said. While pulling the katana out I replied "I'll figure something out somehow". The katana looked really good, you can see that this is high quality. I laid down the katana and added "I still wanna visit my hometown before I go". Koushiro stood up Koushiro nodded while saying "Okay, but I suggest you find some people to go with since you have no idea how it is" before he left the room he said "Oh yeah, tonight we are gonna have a good meal". That evening we had a big meal with all the other students.

The next morning I stood in front of the inn that I stayed at for so long. 'I have been here for three years, it did't feel that long though'.
I said goodbye to the innkeeper and left the building. Before I went to the harbor to jump aboard the ship I visited the dohjo one final time and said goodbye to everyone there.

'I have not only learned basic swordmanship but also some valuable information regarding my devil fruit power. Apparently if you are strong enough you can stop my teleport. That is what happened on the first day I got here. Which is quite troublesome, how am i supposed to know if someone is strong enough? What qualifies being strong enough? For now I put it being relatable to haki or just pure strenght.'
I then left for the harbor and got on the boat that was going towards Oykot. 'I wonder where Luffy is at this point in time'.

This was such a hard chapter to write.

6