Chapter 1 – God, I Wanted a Peaceful Life Right?
362 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Geistein family palace,

"Sir Geistein! I have urgent news!" An elder servant, the head butler, desperately knocks on the door of his master's office. It may be incredibly rude to do so but the situation is so urgent it disregards his etiquette.

"You may come in." On the side is a magic device used to send the voices to a designated location. 

"Yes master." As the head of the house unlike most nobles, is one that doesn't like being bothered during work, he made his own office and the offices of his own cabinet in separate rooms.

The butler had no choice but to stay in etiquette as he opened the doors to his master's office. He saw the head Geistein surrounded by papers and sweat began to pour in his back as he relayed the news to his master whom he served since he was but a child.

"Sir Albrecht Verde Geistein, after a week of fighting for her dear life," The butler coughs. "Lady Arianne Magen Geistein has finally—" But before he could hear the good news.

"Died?" He said those cold words without even looking at the butler in the eye while continuing to read his papers.

"No your grace! Lady Arianne through her sheer willpower is alive and has now just woken up!" Even though other nobles would consider his words to be incredibly disrespectful it is a testament for how long he served the Geisteins that he could express his words in a frank manner to the patriarch of the family.

The Lady's father finally raised his brows and looked at the head butler eye to eye. "Good for her then, send her my regards as I am too busy right now with work to visit her." But as expected from his earlier statement this father is cold.

"Y-yes…." The butler had no choice but to leave but he still mustered one more thing before he left. "Also your grace, there is something strange that happened just before she woke up, but it is just my own humble observation—" Once again before getting to finish his sentence.

"Go get a mage." The old butler blinked. "Go get the wizard if you have to, you have my permission." Albrecht Geistein orders.

With those words the head butler who was heading out with a slight frown left his master's room with a smile.

•••

The haziness that I felt when I was having my last sleep was replaced with heaviness and a burning sensation that forced me to wake up in an incredibly uncomfortable manner.

When I woke up the modern urbanist style of my room was replaced with an imperial baroque ceiling reminiscent of the Sistine chapel.

If I could I would have freaked out by the sudden change in environment but my own body wouldn't listen to me.

I thought for a split second that I was in a very fancy hospital but that thought was ruined when I looked at my hand.

Frail and small are the words coming by when I looked at this hand.

Even if I somehow survived that suicide attempt my body wouldn't be as thin as this, and plus my hands can't physically get smaller like it is right now.

So all in all. "Another world huh..." I wasn't so surprised as I was watching an isekai before I bit the capsule.

But still, it surprised me a bit that I'm in another world but the thing I was most surprised about is…

Why do I feel like dried shit? Looking at my hands and body in addition to being small and frail like a twig I knew right away that I'm not even a he anymore.

"I'm a girl...." I muttered in a voice so dry that I was scared that I'll accidentally cough up my voice box.

From my voice I realized I'm not only a girl but a little girl, a child.

After a moment of panic in my mind I calmed down. Honestly speaking I don't mind being a girl that much, even being a child I don't mind as I definitely know that being a child is much more fun than being an adult.

Even more honest I think this is the perfect life to live comfortably in, except for one thing.

"Haa….huff...why am I so….weak...haaa.." I feel my head and body burning up and I'm struggling to even keep my hands up in the air.

Why the hell am I in such a weak and fragile body? This took me completely by surprise.

"God...I want a..." Comfortable life. I can't even say that word as it's too long for me to utter.

Even thinking in my head hurts my body. Seriously, why did I have such a double edged sword for a body? I know at least in my environment that unless I was a poor girl found in the streets and some rich man took pity on me, I know I am born rich in this world. I know that there will be people taking care of me like I was glass and so I'll probably never have to carry anything heavier than a cup of water and get to live my comfortable life.

But is it really comfortable if my body feels like shit?

"No." I utter with a force for the first time. It hurts my throat but still. 

I want to live.

I need to improve my own body first so that I can live properly like a princess.

I clench my fist when I found my goal in this life. Ouch, that hurts. My eyes are a bit clearer now but I noticed that my hands are glowing red from my skin flaking out so much.

"Shit." My first swear in this world. This body is seriously shit. I can't move, my throat hurts from speaking, my skin is flaking, and I feel like I'm inside an oven right now. I just noticed beside me are a bowl of water and atop my forehead a wet towel. I'm sick. Then my stomach is grumbling but I don't feel hungry for some reason.

Aside from the immediate problems of my own weak body, there are some other problems that'll happen in the future from me being a woman.

Mainly about me getting a period. As someone that self-proclaims to be a clean freak, having blood drip from my own orifice fills me with discomfort. My body shook just thinking about it.

What the hell can I do right now? My body feels hot and heavy and I'm too tired to even sit up on this admittedly comfortable bed. The only thing I can do right now is survey my surroundings.

Thankfully this place is very bright, just as my last memories from my world were light as well. Not only that but it feels like I was born into a palace or something, as I reminisced my foreign trips in France and Switzerland and seeing palace interiors similar to the one I'm residing in right now. I realized I really am born into privilege.

This is my second life, one where I won't have to worry about money that much anymore. I'm truly happy that I was born rich this time around.

I'm tired of working very hard. All I did in my past life was work and work, and if I'm at home working for my family. I did not have any time for myself at all. But this time, it'll be different.

Speaking of home and family. "....I wonder what those two are doing right now?" I wonder about my children. 

Another reason why I'm tired of it all is at the end, everything I worked hard for in my life turned against me. My company, my friends, half my family—my children were the only ones that didn't betray me. Blood truly is thicker than water.

But not as thick as betrayal. "I'm sorry." I regret hurting my wife, I wish I could have controlled myself better in that time but it is a regret I can never get back. I tried my best mitigating the damage I've done by spending the best doctors I could buy but it is still a scar I can never take back, both physically and in a mental sense.

In the case of my children though, it was my choice to leave them. It was my decision to kill myself, I could not have done so for their sakes but I would have gone through so much hardships afterwards, from the lawsuit to my name being dragged to the mud by the media.

I don't want to experience any of that. Call me a coward all you want but thinking that I would have to go through so much hardship all over again filled me with much despair.

So I decided to put myself over the people I care about for the first time. I decided to be selfish and killed myself.

As I suspected I'm feeling my heart drop just thinking about them and my decision to leave. "...You two are smart, take care of your youngest for me...cough!" My first time speaking that long and my throat hurts, but yes.

If my children weren't adults yet I wouldn't have thought of killing myself, but since two of them are now old enough that I can trust they could take care of themselves and their youngest brother in my stead. 

"Trust huh..." It's a word I don't use much nowadays, for obvious reasons.

I was backstabbed and betrayed by five of the people I trusted the most.

"...Never again." Never again will I experience betrayal. The experiences I gained in my past life will make sure never again will my trust be used and thrown away that easily.

"Never..." Things like friends and love are flimsy ways of gaining trust. I realized that from experience and so from now on I need something more binding than that, perhaps obedience? No, that method I experienced back in childhood, I don't want anyone experiencing that. 

I want loyalty. People who are indebted to me and feel gratitude towards me. Those people are the ones that would betray me the least. Even if they betray me yet again.

"Never!...cough!" I shouted with all my might and I felt as though my throat was about the collapse.

One last thing, no matter who they are, even if they are practically worshipping me. I shall never let anyone be close to me ever again. I shall use them if need be but I have to rely on no one as much as possible and never feel gratitude to anyone ever again.

It will be a very hard and lonely road for me to walk on. But I would rather do that than get hurt all over again, at least before I could find people I can truly trust with all my heart….

Making these promises to myself and thinking about trust and betrayal, my mind naturally drifted to those five bastards who betrayed me. The ones who made me have this twisted mindset in the first place.

Even though they are very far away from me now, I couldn't help but rage when thinking about them. I wish I had a magical TV that connects two worlds together, I wanna see what's happening back on Earth. But no matter.

"....huff….hhha..." Even me thinking about them is causing my body to hurt as I looked at my shaking arm.

Still though, my anger is still fresh. Those five, even if I'm not in that world anymore or if I was reborn somewhere in Europe, I already prepared enough to completely ruin their lives. Except for my wife I guess, she'll just witness everything falling around behind her while she isn't harmed directly.

I hate them.

I despise them.

I curse all of them.

From this world back to Earth, anywhere I go I will make sure that all five of them experience my wrath.

And with that—"Cough! Cough! Cough!" My body reacts uncontrollably.

"W-what...hash…!" My body's burning up even more. I feel myself being heavier, more dizzy, and just hurting all around. I feel like I could slip back into endless sleep anytime now.

"Fuck..." I don't know if this is my anger keeping me conscious. But right here and now I made a vow to myself.

I will survive and live on in this world, I will live in happiness. I will look like a fool to those five if I die here and now, and since I can no longer get my revenge anymore the next best time will be to live a fulfilling life while they suffer the consequences of their actions and suffer miserably back on Earth. The more they suffer the more I will be happy in this world living like a princess.

So even though my whole body is aching, my eyes are clear and my lips are forming a smile.

"Cough….!" I still feel like crap though. "H-help..." Even though I say I don't want to rely on anyone, I meant it as in a relationship type of thing. 

I'm still clearly a sick patient so why is there no one taking care of me?

But at that moment.

"...I hope my lady wakes up soon." A freaking door opened and I saw what looked to be a maid with red hair. "I brought the spare towels and—" After muttering that she finally noticed me.

Yay! Finally another person in this world!

I was excited, too excited actually, as I reached out my hand and wanted to say. "Help—" But I coughed.

I coughed out blood. It was at that moment I seriously began to think for myself, maybe I should just give up and wait for round three?

"M-miss?!" The maid reacted as expected of a little girl coughing up blood. 

"Everyone stop what you're doing and come here this instance!" The maid with hair the same color as my blood turned around and shouted outside this room. "Lady Arianne needs your help!" I finally learned my name in this world.

Arianne. What a nice name.

But still though, "My lady!" As the maids rushed in and began wiping out the blood that spilled all the way to my dress, I thought about the idea of giving up this life and hoping for round three. With these many people rushing in I found my answer.

Obviously no.

I noticed their concerned expressions and thought, I will definitely live like a princess. With these types of people around I don't think I can even go outside for a walk even if I do get better in the future. 

Secondly I shouldn't think of life so lightly like this, maybe I was just lucky to retain my memories so I cannot bet on something like god giving me a third chance in life. Plus I hate leaving my results on chance which is why I despise gambling and betting so much. But anyways,

"Your awake Lady Arianne!"

"You must not move your body right now!"

"We will call his grace immediately!"

The maids are all taking care of me right now, but as they talked I saw the redhead maid being silent and holding onto my hand.

I do not know this maid so why does she look so concerned?

But she's holding onto them too tightly, she noticed me looking at her and she immediately let's go of my hand.

Although it isn't much this is my first conversation with someone from this world.

I look around and see more maids and even what seems to be butlers and armored people coming in as well.

They are all looking at me with concern in their faces.

"I'm alive."

...Did I just say that? 

Anyways that small and meek voice was heard by everyone in this now lively room. With all their looks I feel like everything I've done now is coming to me like a flood. All the events that happened to me came up as my eyes became heavy. 

I look at the redhead maid once more and—

"I'm alive everyone." 

I could not even think anymore before I fell asleep.

Hey everyone, it's me here I hope you enjoy chapter 1! Currently I'm really liking this right now, feels like a new experience! With me so far only writing strong op characters it's such a breath of fresh hair making an mc that is very weak. Also another difference from black witch is theirs no thought dialogue [] these things, and I decided that since I really want this to be a flowy story, not really structured that much. Since I desire this story to be focusing on the thoughts, feelings, and emotions of the mc inside her head. That'll be important in the future you'll see why :P but yeah! I'm gonna have so much fun writing this character hehe.

Also, for those that have been waiting for black witch, I apologise I haven't published a chapter in months once again but let me tell you it is still ongoing. There will be something fun coming up in the plot that I'm really excited writing about so yeah. I want to be able to finish it as much as everyone so just stay put. No promises, just yeah, I have not abandoned it I promise you that. But ye anyways arigatou everyone! :)

15