Learning 1
517 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a slightly long hug and a quick lunch Jason was on the move again. This time he left his porter gear on the hospital to be cleaned by his sister and went to the eastern side if the city.

He slowly walked along the stone pathways  gazing at the one, two and three stories buildings that were a weird mix of wood and stone. They were big and with a lot of small windows, but the most eye-catching thing were the colours. Each building seemed to be painted in a different shade of green, blue, red, brown and white, making it a unique and pleasing stroll.

' This worlds architecture is very amazing and unique. Not only does it fuse rock and wood in a perfect manner, it also makes the colorful and vibrant colours so natural.  

Heh, it almost seems like I'm on vacation.'

He continued to walk down the smooth stone pathway for a while until finally arrived in front of big clearing that was filled with a lot of people. They were mostly children around the age of ten and few were around Jason age.

' This seems to be the right place. Now I only need to find the right......there they are!'

As soon as he saw a group of people who were holding bows on their hands he immediately knew there was the place to go. He pushed away several children and made way to a relatively tall, but muscular man who had long hair, a hooked nose and was clean shaven except a small gotee.

".......

The man saw Jason cut through the mass of children in a hurry and raised his hand to stop him.

"What are you doing?" spoke man with a displeased look on his face. It was understandable though, as someone coming like that only ment trouble.

"Of course I came to learn some archery. Why would I be here if I wasn't?" said Jason as he was now face to face with the man. 

"You're here to learn?" spoke the man in a little surprised voice as he eyed Jason who was at least a head and a half shorter than him. 

"Yes, I'm here to learn some archery. Is there a problem?"

"No.....

Please go to the right side where the adults are, but first. Do you have the fee on you?"

"If course I have it with me." said Jason as he took 2 silver coins from the pouch on his belt and handed it to the man. The later took it and  then went to hand them to a man who was sitting on a table not far from them.

As soon as he handed the coins he waved at Jason "Come here, we will need to register you first." 

"I'm coming.....

Jason did as he was told and headed to the table. There he saw a man wearing a cap who was writing something on a piece of paper.

"Hmmm....

The man raised his head , took a good look at Jason and just smiled revealing his yellow teeth. His teeth made Jason cringe, but that was the least of it. A smell of alcohol mixed with sweat made Jason almost gag.

' What the hell? It stinks....

"Guahahaha, another lamb to the slaughter I see. Haah, I really love guy's like you. So young and stupid that they  think  they can become anything, but you know what, you can't!"

".......

Jason looked at the tall man that was to the right and he clearly saw that he was angry. He was angrily staring at the man so much that Jason though he was going to punch him 

"Hey, Lams, how about you shut up and register our young friend? Chop chop, we don't have all day."

"Yeah yeah.....

How about you go and sit your ass with the children while I register him? Ah, also don't forget to bring me a cup of beer while you're at it."

"What did you just say!?"

"You hear me right....

The comment clearly angered the tall man as he raised his first, but only a side glance from Lams made him stop on his tracks.

"You bastard.....fine, I'll get you your beer! But you better be finished by the time I come back. "

"Bla bla bla, just get me my damn beer!  Now, we're were we.....

Ah yes, start with your name, age and Class if you have one."

"Names Fir, age 15 , Class Farmer."

"Name Fir...age 15, Class.....wait! Did you just say that your Class was a farmer?"

"Yes, my Class is a farmer. Is there a problem?"

"Kahahaha....

Man, I'm going to enjoy this! Farmer boy, I hope you don't shoot yourself on the foot. At least  have the decency to tell me first so I can see it, hahahah....

Jason frowned, but he didn't say anything. He just went to the right side without saying anything back as he knew that the man was right.

The man looked at Jason's back and snorted with a displeased look.

"Kuk, what a little bastard!"

.......

After a little more than an hour the people who were gathered around started to scatter. A group went to the right , one to the left and Jason's group who were those who wanted to learn archery went to the west of the city, passed it's defensive walls, and  into an opened field with  what looked like scarecrows. 

The scarecrow were very crudely made, only a bunch of hay that was stuffed into a cloth and shaped to resemble a human body. 

*Clap*

"Alright everyone, now we are going to start the lesson. Firstly, all those who have had at least a week of practice please move to the left , while though who are new move to the right."

Jason did as the gotee instructor told and went to the right and was surprised. Beside him and a kid, there was also a girl in the right side. She looked almost Jason's age, with short black hair, blue eyes and a freckled face. 

' Well that's a little surprising, but I guess that I shouldn't be that surprised. With the system the difference in strength between genders can be nullified by a level or two, but still....

"What? Do you have something to say?"

The girl noticed Jason staring and threw an angry look hos way. This made Jason understand that he was beginning a little rude so he just apologized, or he tried to.

"Sorry for staring, but I didn't think that a woman would be looking into an archery class."

" Well, at least I'm not a clueless idiot that hasn't even handled a bow in his life."

"How.....

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE GET READY! Choose your bow and let's get started.

 If you have any questions, please raise your hand."

Jason wanted to ask the girl how she knew, but he remembered that he was on the side of the beginners. 

20