Saviour 2
355 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the elf finished treating Jason's wounds and bandaging them again, she took a wooden chair that looked like it was about to sprout some leaves on its upper part and sat next to Jason's bead.

" Do you mind if I ask you a few questions now?" said the elf  staring at Jason's face with her blank, black eyes. Her eyes and ears were so sensitive that she  could pick up any sign of Jason not telling the truth. 

"Not at all." answered Jason.

Thankfully , he  knew that it was best not to lie, even if that ment that telling the truth would not be the best thing for him at the moment.

"Where did you get that Spirit Nexus? How did something so precious fall into your hands?"

Jason thought about how to answer for one second and then spoke.

"Well....after I fought and killed a big humanoid mushroom , I looked inside the hole it came out if and found it inside."

"You found it inside the ground?"

The elf tried to hide her shocked expression, but it showed. This made Jason a little worried, but he decided to stick to the truth for now.

"It can't be....

Tell me, what did the mushroom look like?! Did it do anything strange after it died?"

"Well, it looked like a human shaped mushroom. It's hands were short and it's legs were long . When it rushed at me it screamed at the top of it's lungs...and it also sprayed pollen when it died I think? "

".......

Were you on the vicinity when that happened? Did you inhale any of the pollen?" said the elf as she drew closer to Jason. She was almost on the tip of her toes. Her 10 cm long ears were begining to twitch a little and this brought a smile to Jason's face.

"Uhhh....I think I did. Also, after I inhaled the pollen I felt lightheaded and passed out only to wake up about an hour later. 

Why do you ask?  Is that a bad thing?" questioned Jason , hoping that he was worrying for nothing.

" Mmmm....

The elf didn't answer and just got up. She headed to the window and looked outside before snapping her fingers. Not two seconds after she did that, a brown and green animal came inside wagging its bushy tail in happiness.

"YOU!" said Jason angrily between his teeth as he recognized the thing that just came in.  The fox gave him a sideways glance and then turned his head , making Jason think that opening his wounds again would be worth it if he could just choke that fox out.

" You seem to not be pleased to be seeing this Lesser Forest Spirit. May I know why?" said the elf as she delicately stroked the foxes bushy tail. 

" But of course!  I'm just wondering if I could at least pet the fox? I'll be gentle, I promise." said Jason in the sweetest voice he could muster , but his eyes promised pain.

"Kiiikk.....

The fox was frightened by the look on Jason's face and immediately fled outside the window once again. It left the elf petting it baffled, but soon a light laughter filled the room.

"Hahahaha.....hahahahahaha.....

The elf was laughing uncontrollably, and even when she was about to stop she started laughing again. This continued for about a minute until the elf called down and turned towards Jason. Her face stoic, as If she hadn't just had a laugh fest.

" You may continue explaining."

..........

After some minutes Jason explained the whole situation and how things had gone , making the elf nod her head.

" It seems that you are telling the truth. On the other hand, the Forest Spirit is lying as it told me that the Spirit Nexus was his."

" Ok, now what? What is going to happen to me? Seeing that you took so much time to treet my wounds, I'm guessing that you're not going to kill me." said Jason looking at the elf straight in the eyes.

" And why would you think that?" answered the elf , surprise showing on her face.

Jason sighed and shook his head. " I figured  out that if so many people are looking for this Spirit Nexus, it's very valuable. And if it's hat valuable im sure that killing those who know of it's.....

"Humphhhh.....

Typical human! Thinking only for themselves , holding no honour, only taking and never giving."

Jason saw the disgusted look on the elf's face and sighed again. Another new headache, another problem." Sorry for the blunt words, but I have to know. What are you planing to do with me right now?"

" The short answer is nothing. I'm a special envoy of the Grail Grove and have no jurisdiction in this country so I'm just going to let you go."

" Hah, that is good to know. Also, about you having no jurisdiction here......nevermind! So, can I get the Spirit Nexus back?" said Jason jokingly.

".....

You may, but I don't suggest it. You'll just die faster. "

" Hmmmm.....

Jason fell into a deep silence as he thought of his next move.

' It seems that getting that Spirit Nexus back is not the best course of action. Something so valuable is to dangerous.

An alternative then?'

Jason awoke from to thought and turned towards the elf." If I decided to sell it, would you by it from me?"

The elf though for a second before she answered. " Even if I wanted to, I can't. The amount of money that is required to by this Spirit Nexus is 1/10 of a medium sized city's yearly taxes or about 700 big gold coins."

Jason was taken aback, not knowing what to say and letting his thoughts slip out. "Umm...how much is that on silver coins?"

" A gold coin is 10 silver coins and a big gold coin is 3 cold coins. That makes.....

" 21000 silver coins..." answered Jason without really thinking. The amount was so big that taking into account that if he owned a house and lived with his sister, the amount of silver that they spent on food was only five silver coins a week, so 21000 silver coins were enough to last him a good chunk of his life.

The elf seemed surprised at Jason's answer and nodded her head. 

" That is correct. 

 21000 silver coins is something that only big nobles can afford to expend so the thought of buying it is out of the question."

" I see.....

Spoke Jason while imagining himself surrounded by stacks of silver coins. That amount of silver would be enough for him to call himself a rich person.

16