Returning 1
349 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason looked at the elf's face and could see her excitement and understood that this just got more complicated.

' The possibility of selling the Spirit Nexus and living is 0 with my current strength of what she says is right. She could be trying to swindle me , but that's to much work in comparison to just outright killing me.

Is my only choice to completely forfeit the Spirit Nexus? Fuck!'

Jason was in a dilemma. Giving up on the Spirit Nexus was the correct choice if he wanted to live, but all the suffering he had gone through to acquire it , twice, was like someone was pushing him from behind.

"Ummm....

Jason wanted to say something , but stopped midway.  He understood that giving up on it was going to haunt him for the rest of his life , so he did the next best thing.

"What is it?"

" Now that you explained it to me, I understand that selling it is out of the question, but how about a trade? A gift?" said Jason insinuating something .

"......

I'm afraid that is not possible. If you want to, I can suggest you a good whitehouse in the city. " said the elf with a serious face which surprised Jason.

"I didn't mean "that"...... still, it's that precious huh?! I can't even gift it to you?" said Jason a little irritated. He was just handing a pile of gold to her , and she was refusing.

" It's not possible!

Every material graded A or above can't leave the border of the country it was found in , because it is mandatory to sell it to the guild or the crown/noble's. Failing to do so is imediately punishable by death, including all your relatives or lovers.

The Spirit Nexus that you found is an A+ graded material."

"Bahh....

This is really fucked up! I can't even gift it away?!  Wait....no that won't work...fuck!"

Jason was struggling , his brain was working on overdrive, but the elf already had a solution for him. 

"You may not be able to sell or gift it away, but there is a rule on the elven code that unravels this dilemma." said the elf.

"Well, what are you waiting for?!" anxiously said Jason. Every second he thought about it he lost a million of his braincells.

"In the elven code it is described that a life debt has no value."

"A life debt , has no value? What does that even mean?!" 

"It means that you can pay it off with whatever you desire, as long as the other party accepts of course.

......."

When he heard that Jason immediately smiled in understanding. 

"I get it! 

You have saved my life, so I have to pay you back, and the Spirit Nexus is something  you can't refuse. Still.... what about the rules of the Spirit Nexus not being able to leave this country?"

"Those are still in effect, but the elven code is something much more influencing than actual human laws. The laws may sometimes take precedent, but in this case....

"The value of the Spirit Nexus makes it worthwhile, I get it! Still I don't understand why can't we just make the deal and not tell anyone? I'm sure that your...elders will appreciate it more?"

The elf shook her head. " It was a soul bound contract between most of the ruler's that has kept the Grail Grove at peace and one of the conditions of the contract is the regulation of A class and above materials. If the rules are broken, a full force retaliation from all the other countries is warranted.

But, the elven code still takes precedent , meaning that the soul contract is not valid."

"Kahahaha.....

It seems that those elders of your's know what they are doing. They have created the perfect loophole and it seems that it was very intentional. Am I right?" smilingly said Jason at the elf. She, on the other hand didn't answer his question and just slightly noded.

"Kahaa, such a good plot twist! I don't think that I've had so much excitement since...... nevermind!You can have the Spirit Nexus as your compensation, but you can't say you got it from me."

"Certainly!" said the elf as she nodded her head.

" I also want you to take me back to the city as soon as possible. Now , if possible....

"Now?" she stared at Jason for a moment , before she nodded again. She then went to the side of the room where a delicate, green and grey bow was hanging on the wall and took it . She then took an arrow from a row of arrows next to the bow an headed to the window.

"What....

Jason didn't manage to finish his words as he heard a whistling sound as soon as the elf shoot the bow. It was very unpleasant to the ears, but it soon faded away.

" What was that?" asked Jason clearly surprised at what just happened.

"It's a signal. 

Our transport with shortly be here. In the meantime, it's better that you are dressed." said the elf as she opened a wooden chest where Jason's things were.

........

*Whoosh Whoosh*

Jason looked down and saw the crown of the trees passing by him rapidly as he held for dear life to the elf's back. ' FUCK! When she said transport, I didn't expect that new would be riding  a gigantic hawk.

"Shit....

The wind speed made Jason not being able to hear much and he was shivering as it was cold. Him beeing wounded was also not helping.  The five meter long brown hawk they were riding was the elf's pet as well as transport. It seemed docile, except to the time it hissed at Jason and Jason almost ran back into the treehouse they had been.

"Guaaaa.....

The hawk suddenly rose up in the air making Jason afraid of falling for the uptenth time, and after 21 up and downs, they arrived at the edge of the forest where they landed. Jason immediately landed on the ground , squatting as deep as he could. 

Flying on the gigantic hawk was anything but fun for him.

"Hah hah..... can't you fly a little more steady?! I almost fell more then ten times!" said Jason gritting his teeth in anger as he stared at the elf on the hawk.The elf didn't say anything, but just flew away , smiling lightly at Jason which Jason imediately understood.

'......

 That bitch did it on purpose."

15