Returning 2
363 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the hawk left his field of vision, Jason turned around and headed towards the city. It hadn't been even two days since he left it's tall stone walls , but it seemed like a long time had passed for him.

' Haah... this is going to be fun. Now I have to explain.. ughh....

Jason felt a sharp pain coming from his thigh and slowly but surely he also felt the wound on his stomach also beginning to hurt.

' I guess that getting wounded is not as cool or heroic as it's described. On the other hand.....

Jason tried to think a positive thing about getting hurt and he came up with nothing. What he did was stupid and he understood that armor was essential, but it made to much noise. 

"It seems that I should get some type of cheep aromor that doesn't make me be heard from tens of meters away. I also need to work on some close combat training......

As he passed the city gate one of the guards standing there boringly staring at the people that entered and left, but when he saw a dark haired, about 17 year old boy walking towards him with a big black on his back and bloodstains on his clothes , his eyes immediately focused.

"You, stop! said the guard as he headed towards the boy who stopped in surprise. He raised his head and looked at the guard with a face of surprise.

"Me...." said Jason as he saw the armoured guard in front of him. He was confused at what was going on and just stopped there in the middle of the path.

"Yeah you! Come with me for a minute." Said the guard as he waved at the other guards in duty. He then put a hand on Jason's shoulder and pushed him to the side, something Jason didn't appreciate.

"Hey, get your hands of me! Why are you pushing me?" said Jason angrily as he pushed the guards hand away. 

"Hmph, kid count yourself lucky that I'm even bothering with you. Anyway, you don't have to be so worried, I'm helping you." said the guard as patted Jason's shoulder a little to hard.

"Kugghh....

Jason was furious, but from the force of the patts he was getting on the shoulder he knew that the guard before him was strong. Also because he was wounded he was at least at half his normal strength, so he decided to not make a scene.

" What help are you talking about? I don't even know you. You certainly must have gotten the wrong person!" said Jason as tried to leave , but what he heard next made him stop.

"Your name is Fir right? Your sister is looking for you." said the guard as he smiled at Jason. 

"How do....

No, how does my sister know you? I'm sure that until a day before.....

Jason's eyebrows furrowed as got ready to flee. His muscles flexed as he lowered his center of gravity and looked towards the gate, ready to enter.

' The only people that would know my name and that I have a sister are either dead or looking to kill me. Is the dark church so capable that they have already found us?' though Jason as he worried about his sister's wellbeing.

"Mmmmm....." the guard also saw this and also frowned. He crossed his arms as stared hard into Jason's eyes, and couldn't help but be surprised.

' Hooo, such a surprising reaction. I was just messing with him a little, but he really is impressive. Instead of confronting me he immediately decided to escape.

A keen eye for discerning power, but still, how can he be so calm in this situation? His breathing is completely normal!' thought the guard as he looked at Jason's light breathing.

"A shame.....

Said the guard as he shook his head, and this made Jason even more on edge that the wound on  his thigh opened up and fresh blood stained his dirty pants. This didn't go unnoticed by the guard as he immediately became concerned.

"Hey hey, you need to calm down. Your wound is ope...

*Bang*

He didn't manage to finish his words as Jason rammed into him and threw him on the ground, before he started running.

"Guh....

The guard fell on the ground a little surprised at Jason's strength, but he immediately got up and chased him. Jason was fast, but because he had a backpack and was wounded he was caught quickly. The guard only had to push him on the ground, before he sat on top of him.

Jason tried to struggle a little, but the guard was to strong as he quickly tired himself out.

"Haah haah haah...

"You little shit!

I was only going to talk to you. Why the hell are you running, huh? Are you an idiot?!" yelled the guard as he restrained Jason's arms. He then nodded at the other guards who had arrived to help him.

"........

Jason didn't answer, but stayed quiet, waiting for a way out.

"Get up! Get up, you fucking idiot?!" the guard raised him from the ground and brought him back to the gate. He then tied Jason's hand's with a rope before taking him inside the city. 

.........

They walked for about a minute and they arrived at one story building that was connected to the stone was of the city. It was completely made of stone except the door and was very long.  The guard took him inside and Jason immediately noticed the heavy atmosphere.

Beside a couple of lightly armored men sitting around a big wooden table  who each with a sword on their hip , the other people were behind thick wooden bars. 

' Is this a prison....

 Jason though as he didn't do anything, but only observed as the guard put him inside of one of the cell's and locked the door.

"You're going to stay here for a while, so don't do anything stupid. Do you understand?" said the guard with a annoyed face. Jason didn't answer as he only looked at the guard, while trying to hide the pain of his wounds opening. Blood slowly flowed down his leg, stained the ground red.

.......

Two hours passed as Jason tried to find a way to escape , but besides loosening his rope's a bit he didn't accomplish anything else. He had lost to much blood and now he looked very pale.

"Haah haah....shit! " cursed Jason for the uptenth time, but as if someone had heard him the door of his cell opened and he raised head and was left speechless. The one who appeared before him was none other than the young girl that wanted to become an Ark Master.

15