Returning 3
329 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

".......

The girl saw the pale face of Jason and immediately rushed towards him.  She kneeled down and reached her hand towards his face, only to be stopped by Jason.

"What...are you doing.... here?" spoke Jason while struggling to stay awake. His eyes bloodshot , the same as his wounds that had bleed so much that he didn't have any strength beside the hand he had raised.

"I'm here to take you to your sister." said the girl as she slowly lowered her head and put Jason's arm around her shoulder.

"Can you get up?"

"Yeah..." struggled Jason to answer not really understanding what was going on.

"Good." as the girl said that she struggled to pick Jason up from the blood soaked ground he was in, and then she truly understood his situation.

' He has bleed so much.....
It's really a miracle that he is still concious from all this. It's truly a blessing!'

She took one step at a time , slowly leading Jason out if his cell, but a  man blocked their path. It was the guard that had stopped Jason at the city gate.

"HEY, you got your guy, now I want more money."

"Money...."  said Jason as he opponed his eyes wide in surprise. He didn't expect that the girl was responsible for what had just happened to him. He turned his head to the side and spoke to the girl with him dry voice." What is the meaning of... this? Is this your doing?"

"Don't speak, you have to save your energy." answered the girl as she took a couple of silver coins from her pouch on her belt and handed them to the guard. This made Jason suspicious, but he decided to not say a word as he stared at the man counting the coins.

"We're all good?" said the girl anxiously at the guard.

"Yeah, we're good..." answered  the guard stealing a glance at Jason pale face. " Now get out of here, I have work to do!"

"I give you my thanks for notifying me when you found him. I truly appreciate it." said the girl while bowing her head a little.

"Yeah yeah, it's only because I was once friends with your father. How's he doing lately?"

"Good, he's good. He told me to send you his regards " said the girl while anxiously tapping her foot in the ground.

"That so! Well, be sure to send him my regards as well"said the guard as he  saw the condition Jason was as in, and gestured with his hand for a lightly armored , spear holding young man to come over.

"Escort these two out of the city. Also, take this, for your troubles." said the gate guard as he handed the spear holding young man a silver coin.

"Yes, of course!" replied the young man trying to hide his smile, but he couldn't.

And so, the young man escorted the two of them out of the city gates. He didn't even say a word as he immediately went back, leaving Jason and the girl standing there.

"Are you alright?" said worriedly the girl as she saw Jason struggling to keep his eyes open. Jason opened his mouth to answer, but found out that he could voice out dry grunting sounds.

"Ughh.... food... water...

"Yes , yes I'll give you food and water. But first we need to treat your wounds.
  Don't worry , it's going to be okay." said the girl as she tried to move, but found that Jason's body was to heavy. She felt like she was holding a big log over her shoulder and not a  human being.

' Damnit, this is not a good sign!
He is too weak to move and I don't have the strength to hold him. Is he going to die in my arms?'

As the girl was thinking about the worst, Jason gathered his strength and spoke with difficulty. "Don't bother..... moving me. I'm too weak to move..... get me water.... food....

"Okay, okay, but we need to get you to a healer right now. You want to see your sister right, so don't give up.... please!" said the girl with a shaky voice and  Jason noticed the genuine concern of the girl and  he smiled.

"Do you think....I'll die so..... easily?! Khakkk....even death eludes me, so....I suggest you prepare.....a decent explanation. Now....food.... water....

".......

The girl bit her lip as she saw Jason's resolve and was conflicted on what to do.
(If I take him back to the house it'll be to late, but if I send him to the hospital there is still a chance for survival. But if he dies at the hospital the body will be immediately purified and buried in case he is disise or turns into a zombie. If that happens, his sister won't be able to see him anymore.)

"What...are you... waiting for?! Get me....food...

"Yes, yes I know! Stop nagging me!" angrily answered the girl. She then struggled to move Jason to the wall of the city and sat him down in the shade.

"Now don't move! I'm going to get some food and water from some of the adventures passing through here.

Don't move."

"Yeah.....I'm not doing....any....slam dunk..... soon. Kahahaha...*cough* *cough*......

Jason's word's lightened the mood a little even though she didn't understand what a slam dunk was. She then left Jason in the shade of the city and sprinted towards a group of adventures who just came out of the city and proceed to buy their rations.

In the meantime Jason was gritting his teeth in pain, but instead of praying to survive this ordeal, he had opened his status page.

Name Fir (Human/????)
Class Farmer/???? 
LV 4
Strength 8
Vitality 10
Dexterity 7
Spirit 5
Skills 4
Titles 2
HP 9/100
SP 22/50
STP 5

 

The status hadn't changed at all since the time he had last seen it, but he didn't care about that right now. He moved his attention to his accumulated status points from leveling up and then looked at his Vitality.

' Hope this works.....

He closed his eyes as he willed for a point to be added to his Vitality. As soon as he did that his Vitality went to 11 points and he felt a warm sensation spreading through his body especially at his wounds.

"Guhhh....

As he was enjoying the warm feeling spreading all over his body, a sudden undescribable itchy feeling on his two wounds made him bend over.

"Gaaaaaaaa.....
He quietly groaned making the people not far away back of in fear , but still close enough to see what was happening to him before starting to guess what was going on.

Some said that he was diseased and was cast out of the city, some guessed it was some drunk adventurer and some said it was just some crazy guy. In the meantime Jason was feeling the greatest itch he had ever felt, and he definitely wanted to scratch it, but using the last two brain cells he had left at the moment , he pinched his arm as hard as he could to distract himself.

As he tried to endure the unbearable itching feeling on his wounds the girl had finally returned and when he saw Jason bent over in pain she immediately rushed. She tried to raise his head to see what was wrong with him, but Jason was flexing so hard that she couldn't.

"Hey, arey you okay?! Answer me! Heyy......

She shouted and shook Jason trying to make him respond, but he had already passed out and his wounds had stopped bleeding, but it was only the beginning.  While he was unconscious his wounds quickly closed, scabbed over and new new flesh was rapidly created.

........

"Ummm....

After sometime Jason opened his eyes and a horrible feeling of hunger and thirst almost maddened him. He tried to raise his hand and saw a so familiar ceiling, but was surprised by an unfamiliar hand in front of his face. The hand was so skinny that he could clearly see most of his veins.

"I guess....I survived again?"

As he saw his shriveled hand  in the air a surprised voice startled him."You're awake! You.... you really are alive!
It's a miracle!"

Jason turned his head and saw the archery girl standing above him with a look of astonishment. Her eyes were so wide that they were almost pooping out.

"Food.... water....
Said Jason to the girl and she could only nod her head, but as she was turning back to get what Jason asked for, she collided with another person and fell back and headfirst on Jason's face.

"Akkk....

*Crack*

"Ouch!"

"Brother, nooooo.....

A piercing wail startled all the people on the hospital as Jason became the casualty of an overzealous sister and a clumsy genius.

15