Decision 1
353 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A couple of hours had passed and Jason was now angrily staring at the archery girl who was also angrily staring at Jason.

"What?" said the girl as she tried as hard as she could to not blink as she stared at Jason, but only managed to make her eyes watery.

" *sigh*.....

Jason wanted to say something, but after a lot of thinking, he  understood that this was one of those situations that it was better to not speak at all. If he did decide to speak it would make things only more complicated.

' Haaaa, is this how an adult feels? Having to think about the consequences of your actions on your future and the future of those around you is as fun as wiping my as with sandpaper. Still, even though she broke my nose accidentally and accidentally made me almost die, she ment well. 

"What?" said the girl while crossing her arms making Jason's brow's twitch.

'Hahaha......I so want to slap her on the back of her stupid head.' thought Jason as he held his broken, bleeding  nose and breathed from his mouth. This continued for a while until finally his sister came back with an old woman.

The old woman was no more than 1.6 m tall, a little hunchbacked, wore completely black clothes and was missing all but one tooth. To Jason it looked like the definition of a witch, but she was a doctor, a Herbalist to be exact.

"Brother, I brought the doctor for you. " said Veina as she stayed behind the old woman , and the old woman didn't waste any time and immediately went to work.

"Mmmm....move your hand from the nose. I'll need to take a look at it." said the old woman as a matter of fact.  Jason stared at her for a moment, before doing as she said and reviling a crooked bloody nose. 

"Mmmm....it doesn't look that bad. The break is not that old, but to be sure I need to put it in place as soon as possible. 

You and you, hold his hands." said the old woman to Veina and the archery girl. 

"What...

The booth of them looked at each other in surprise, but after the saw  Jason nod they complied. They each went on one side of Jason and each held one of his hands tightly. At the same time the old woman started touching Jason's nose repeatedly as it trying to feel for something.

"Alright.... now it's the easy part. First we need to *crack*

"Gaaa.....

The old woman set Jason's nose in one movement and he didn't even have time to react, only releasing a painful yelp. The pain was great, but it passed quickly.

"Now try to breathe out of your nose." said the old woman as she again lightly touched Jason's nose and Jason fearfully of another adjustment, obliged.

"Hmmphhh.... hmmphhh....

He tried breathe out of his nose a couple of times and saw that although it wasn't all that smooth, his nose was operational again. This made him relived as not beeing able to breathe through his nose was was very disturbing.

"Brother are you feeling okay?" said Veina worriedly from the side, as she was still tightly holding his arm, even though everything was over.

"Yeah, I'm good. You can release my arm now." answered Jason with a pained look on his face. His nose was staring to hurt again as the bones went back in place.

"Good, the nose is properly set now. It will boil a little in the next day, but don't be worried as that is a good sign." said the old woman as she nodded. " Now, what were you saying about some wounds on his body? "

"Uhhhh....

The archery girl shrank a little as the question of the old woman was a scary thing , but she still decided to answer.

"They are on his belly and on his thigh, but....

"But what? Are they so bad? I don't think that those kind of wounds wounds would be so serious as he doesn't seem to be suffering that much pain. Still ,I need to see them before I can say for sure." said the old woman to the archery girl before she turned to face Jason.

"Boy, how about you show me your wound's?"

"Sure..." said Jason as he smiled inwardly. He then slowly took off his shirt and showed her his belly. 

Immediately you could notice that the once slightly muscular upper body had now turned into only skin and bone. There was little to no fat and you could definitely see Jason's ribs, but that was not the most amazing thing.

"This...is your wound? Are you wasting my time with useless requests?" said the old woman as she saw the 4 cm long scar in Jason's left side , a little above the bellybutton. It didn't look like a fresh wound at all , but like a faded scar.

" This wound is definitely a couple of months old by the looks of it and not a fresh one that needs attention. Still....*sniff* *sniff*....

The old woman sniffed the air a couple of times like a dog looking for something, making Jason and the girl stare at her awkwardly.

"This is a smell I have noticed only once before, and never have I dreamed of smelling it again. " spoke the woman absentmindedly as if remembering something from her childhood. 

"........

Jason saw that this was not going anywhere some he motioned with his hand towards Veina to speed things up, and Veina nodded.

"Uhhhh, sorry about wasting your time. Here, it's your fee." said Veina as she took a silver coin and tried to hand it to the old woman, but she raised her hand.

"Keep your money. This one is free from me.....for making me remember something good today. Now, if there aren't any other surprise ailments then I shall take my leave." said the old woman as she looked at Jason's skinny body

"Certainly, but please take the money. It's only fair that...

"Keep them, you'll need it. Also , don't forget to keep the nose clean and proper to make it heal faster, and  also make sure to feed him a little bit. 

Well then....

"I'll walk you out!" said Veina as she walked the old woman to the entrance of the hospital and back. She then sat near Jason and stayed quiet as the later was still thinking about what the old woman said.

' It seemed that the old woman understood something, but what that means for me is not known. Still, it's better to stay under the radar as much as possible. 

I have just gotten rid of a very valuable item that only I know where it is, and I'm sure I'm being hunted by the Dark Church.'

"Brother.....

"What?" said Jason absentmindedly. 

"Uhh, I don't know how to say this, but we're almost out of money. I know that you made some coin's a couple of days ago, but having to pay that guard and other things....."

Jason raised his head upwards and his eyes watered a little , but he didn't cry. Still, the pain that he was feeling and the stress of the situation made him want to.

"Haaaaaa......

I'll figure something out. In fact, I'm more than capable to go hunting tomorrow." said Jason a little reluctantly, but he didn't have any other choice.

"Ughh....in fact, I think I have a solution. Why don't the two of you stay at my house for a while?" said the archery girl while trying to not make eye contact with Jason.

"Brother....

"What?" said Jason as he stared at his sister's teary eyes that were full of hope.

"I think we should accept. "

13