Outbreak 1
317 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the quick affirmation  of Besia's mother Jason became suspicious of her, but decided to not say anything in front of her and waited until he was settled down on the barn behind the house. The barn was nothing much, only big enough for the two of them and two of the original tenants, the two  sheep-like creatures like the one he saw at the beginning. They seemed docile, but the two big and long horns on their head made Jason not want to deal with them.

Jason found a good place where a pile of hay was and sat down, Veina also sat beside him. They stayed in silence for a while as Jason looked at the dusty wooden inside and sighed.

"I guess it's not that bad. There is a roof over our heads at least, but I have to ask.....is the mother in the know to? She can't be, can she?" said Jason as he looked at Veina's eyes.

"I..I don't know. She shouldn't know, because if she did, she certainly would have not been so hospitable." answered Veina while not breaking eye contact with Jason.

"I guess so." answered Jason as he furrowed his brows as his pessimistic tendencies started to show." Still , we can't be to sure and be on our guard as this may be just a trick to lure us in here. There is no better target than two people who don't have any other relatives like us."

"Ye.. Yes, you're right! We have to be on our guard, but I still think that you're worrying to much brother." said Veina trying to reassure Jason, but unseen by Jason, a glint was lit in her eyes.

"Fine then, let's forget this for a while and talk more after lunch. I have to go to work right now." said Jason as he got up and headed to the front of the house and meet up with the mother, who close enough to her daughter was called Fesia, or Fea for short.

.........

During the rest of the day Jason was taught what to do , like where to get the water for them and the sheep, when and what to feed them and also where was their plot of land that they worked. The land wasn't that big , but it wasn't that small either. It was around 300 m² and was sown with two different types of plans : one of them was a grain like plant that grew like a corn, but produced yellow rice-like grains and a something like a potato, but it was very sweet like a fruit.

These two types of plants were their main source of income now that Besia's father had died, but it was not enough for them to last the year. So, now that Jason and Veina were also in the equation, Jason would take care of the crops as much as he could while the rest decided to make some money on the side by making basket's and hats that they would go to sell once a week at the city.

..........

And so, almost one week had passed peacefully and everything was going smooth. Jason had somewhat gotten used to the schedule and was regaining his former apperance and Veina seemed to fit right in with the work, but even if things had calmed somewhat down Jason still practiced three times for 20 minutes so he wouldn't loose his edge, and surely Veina and Besia also decided to practice.

Veina was still struggling a little, certainly because of her low stats while Besia was certainly better than Jason at accuracy, but on everything else she was also left behind making Jason think that maybe he wasn't that weak as he was led to believe.

"Huuuu.....

Jason slowly released his breath from his mouth until he found the balance and his left eye opened wide. The fingers released the string and the arrow flew at the dirt mound target in front of him.

*Tang*

He heard the distinct sound of the bowstring vibrating and smiled as he saw that the arrow had almost hit the 2 cm wide bullseye 20 m away. 

"That's quite good if I might say so myself, almost hit the center. Still, it can definitely get better with practice, but beside accuracy I should also focus on my speed." said Jason as he took three arrows that he had stuck to the ground with his right hand and got into position.

He drew the bow and fired up he first arrow, but didn't put that much strength into it and immediately shoot the second arrow that also hit the dirt mound, but when he tried to shoot the third one in succession, he miscalculated and he dry fired the bow. This made Jason wince a little as he didn't want to damage the bow 

"Hmmm..... maybe I should relax my arrow holding hand after I shoot? Let's try that." said Jason to himself as he retrieved his arrows and continued to shoot a couple more times, but no matter how he tried he couldn't properly shoot the third arrow. It either missed or he didn't make it to the string in time.

"Hmmmmm..... this is harder than it looks. After a couple of shots my arm starts to become tired and twitches slightly so my accuracy drops. If I was shooting one arrow at a time I would have no problem with it , but with multiple arrows one after the other even a little millimeter can make difference.

Maybe I should get a lighter bow so I can get used to shooting with it first and then go to this bow again?"

Jason contemplated about what to do when he noticed someone was coming his way, out of the forest that surrounded the village. Jason was surprised at first as this was not a place where people really came, but decided to not be rude .

"Helloooo....." yelled Jason as he waved his hand at the figure in the distance, but it didn't answer him and just continued forward. This made Jason frown as he stared at the person coming and he noticed something.

 The figure had pure white eyes and had it's mouth wide open as if the jaw was broken, but the most disturbing discovery was that it's chest didn't seem to move.

"This can't be happening....." said Jason as he felt a slight pain at the left side of his head.  It was like someone just pocked him right there for less than one second.

"Graaaaaa......

As Jason was surprised at what was happening the figure gave a deep and long groan before it started running at Jason. It wasn't that fast, but it would reach Jason in about five second.  Jason on the other hand seemed pissed off at the intruder and simply pulled the bow and prepared to shoot.

"Grooooooo....

"SHUT UP!" yelled Jason as he released the arrow as the thing reached the five meters mark and it pierced where the nose was , but it didn't come out of the back. As soon as that happened the thing fell on the ground, but it didn't die as it still flailed it's arm's around

"Fuck this shit! Fucking zombie motherfucker *mumble* *mumble*.... piece of shit! Fuck!" yelled out Jason at the sky as his eyes teared up a little. 

' After practice I was planning to bust one out, but now everything is ruined.....all because of this fucker! Still... maybe, maybe I can still....

"Grooooooo....

"Fuuuuuuuuck......" screamed Jason as he took a couple of more arrows  and proceed to fill the zombies head with three of them before he was finally satisfied. He then took his remaining arrows and headed back to the village and all the way he couldn't stop mumbling and stomping the ground.

" *mumble* *mumble* fuck.....

15