Outbreak 2
248 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason continued to angrily head towards the village while sometimes stopping and contemplating the meaning of life, but that though was immediately destroyed by his anger. And so, as he finally arrived at the village the first thing he saw were not the usual lazy village guards, but two white skeletons wearing rotten leather armor that was fused to their bones and holding rotten wooden spears. They were standing still, like inanimate objects guarding the village gate.

"..........

As soon as Jason understood what was happening he immediately got down on the ground hopping that he was not seen, and began to think about what the hell was going on.

' This is really fucked up! Gaaaaaaaa ......why can't life in this world be a little less uneventful, is that something big to ask?' lamented Jason for a moment before he got serious and started to really think about the situation.

'Haaaah~

 If those skeletons are there, then that means that the guards are either dead or they have escaped as I dont see their bodies anywhere.This  also clearly is a premeditated attack and someone must be giving orders to these skeletons because if I remember correctly, Besia said that skeletons don't have that much intelligence on their own. 

The village seems to be deserted, but I don't think that the villagers are dead as the adventures stationed here should have acted, but I'm not really sure.' said Jason to himself ' They could also have escaped if the enemy force was big enough, but what baffles me is why would they place two skeletons near the village entrance? It's like they are advertising themselves, letting it be known that the village was attacked.'

Jason didn't know what to do in this situation. Heading head on into the village would be like entering the forest at night as he didn't know what awaited him, but he was worried about his sister. 

"Veina....

He looked at the remaining arrows on his right hand, and saw that there were only five which made him worried.

' I better forget about going straight in and just go around them and enter the village from another point. That way I won't be seen and.... and that would make the skeletons placed at the village entrance useless!' thought Jason in surprise.

 'If the one who is commanding them has any braids would know that bypassing them would definitely be easy, so there is one very probable possibility. Like the lazy village guards the skeletons placed there are less of a protective force but more of a scouting one. They would be the first ones to notice incoming enemies and prepare the village for an attack . If that is true, that means that the attacking force shouldn't be that big as they only managed to spare two skeletons to act as lookouts.

The situation may not be all that bad after all.' though Jason as retreated back far enough that someone wouldn't notice him, and then immediately circled around the village which took about five minutes. He was about to give up when he heard the sound of fighting and immediately started running faster. 

When he arrived at the sight of fighting he felt a cold and calm feeling envelop him.

"Grooooo.......

"Aakk, die dieeee....

"Hold the line! If the line breaks then we're all dead! Hold the line!"

What he saw were dead bodies that littered the floor and besides them were more unmoving skeletons and more dead bodies. 20 meters away from him were more people, live people that had formed a semicircle and we're defending with their farming tools in hand against a horde of zombies and skeletons that were trying to rip them to shreds . 

"This...

Jason took a second to evaluate the situation and found out that thing's were not going well.

' This is not good. They have managed to form a line of defense at the moment and are holding of the monsters, but  it won't last long. They  have made the good choice to have their backs to the windmill so as to reduce the sides they are being attacked from , but they seem to have miscalculated. They are tiring quickly, while the zombies and skeletons are just fine as they don't get tired at all. 

This is not going to end well for them....' concluded Jason as he clenched his arrows with his sweaty palm , but didn't move as he felt a gaze upon him.

"Haha, you bastard, why are you looking at me like that?" said Jason more to himself as he gazed at the almost 2 meter tall, fully armored zombie at the back of the zombies. His dry face, bulging white eyes and slacked jaw brought a chill up Jason spine, while the more than two meter tall halberd he was holding was still dripping blood.

' That zombie is definitely different as it didn't even make a move as he sees the fight between the villagers and his forces. He is just staring at me who have just arrived and isn't doing anything.' though Jason as he had arrived at  the wrong time, and at the right moment. He wasted to help, but his subconscious stopped him.

'Hahah, he is definitely stronger than me, I can feel it on my soul, but why....why isn't he attacking me? Doesn't he see me as a threat to him?! Am I so insignificant to him?!' thought Jason as he felt a wave of anger wash over him and he immediately drew his bow and prepared to shoot, but that cold and cool feeling made him stop as he knew that he couldn't do anything with only five arrows, not even mentioning that zombie.

' Shit, there has to be a way out of this! I can't just watch as they are all wiped out!'

As Jason was deciding what to do, the villagers were continuing to get slaughtered , though the four adventurers at the front were faring better. The were tired, but they were still holding on for their dear life.

'Should I go get help? No, that will take to long. What the hell should I do....

Think Jason,think!'

As Jason wrecked his brains the armoured zombie just stared at him with its cold undead eyes, making Jason feel hopeless in this situation, but as Jason took a look at the fight again he found something strange he had missed. ' Why is that zombie not also fighting? Is it afraid of something?  No....that can't be right! He seems very strong, but why is he dragging the fight on for so long? Doesn't he care if he looses his troops.....

The commander, he is the commander!' excitedly thought Jason.

' He can't join the fight because if he did so he would loose his sight of the fighting and his surroundings. Which means that....it is afraid of an attack at this moment.If...if.....'

Jason's brain worked at maximum capacity and a crazy idea formed in his head. He took a big breath, raised his head in the air and smiled. ' I hope this works.....

"BRAVE MEN OF THIS VILLAGE! FEAR NOT THE ENEMY BEFORE YOUR EYES AS REINFORCEMENTS ARE COMING RIGHT NOW! IF YOU CAN HOLD FOR ONE MORE MINUTE, YOU WILL BE SAVED!" yelled Jason at the top of his lungs before drawing an arrow and shooting it at the armored zombie. The arrow  flew straight and true, but with only a single step it was avoided by the armoured zombie.

' This bastard!' angrily thought Jason as he smiled at it, but prepared to run at any moment, even though that ment leaving them behind. Fortunately, Jason's crazy plan worked and not even one minute passed before the zombies begin to hastily retreat , taking the corpses of the villagers with them. This signified the end of the battle, but it also made it obvious that it was a loss for them.

12