Outbreak 3
235 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the zombies and skeletons left the situation calmed down , but it was then that reality hit them. Wailing and crying from adult and child alike overpowered the feeling of victory that Jason had and made him remember.

 He headed towards the windmill and saw that Veina, Besia, he mother and grandmother were saying and sound. They had been inside the inside of the windmill, hiding from the undead, but now that everything was over thy had come out. 

"Veina, over here." shouted Jason as he waved his hand on the air and the four of them immediately turned to see Jason, but it wasn't only them that were staring at him. All the ones who had heard him words was staring at him with mixed emotions.

"Uhhhh....."

Jason tried to snake his way through the people that just stared at him so he could get to his sister, but someone blocked his path. It was one of the adventurers who had been fighting against the undead. 

"Please stop for a moment. I need to have a talk with you...." said the man as he took deep breaths. His body was shaking, his brow was sweaty as his black hair were glued to it and he had gash on the left cheek that was still bleeding. He looked no more than 30 years old, had a spear on his hand and beside his chainmail he also had a breastplate and shin guards.

Jason took a good look at the man in front of him and decided to listen. "What is it, I'm busy....

"Hah hah, I'm sorry disturb you, but I just wanted to know to which party so you belong to. If that is something you wish to disclose of course...." said the man with the utmost respect towards Jason, which on the contrary made Jason on the defensive.

"I'm not a part of any party because I'm not an adventurer, I'm just a simple farmer. Now if you'll excuse me....

Jason gave his answer and moved passed the stunned adventurer and towards his group. Veina gave him a big hug and the rest barraged him with questions about where he was and what he was doing when the village was attacked.

In the meantime the stunned adventurer had headed back to his comrades spoke something to the ear of a tall and muscular bald man who was sitting on the ground and having his wounds treated. As soon as he heard what the adventurer that spoke to Jason had to say he opponed his eyes wide in surprise.

"Are you sure?" asked the bald man making the adventurer pause for a second before he spoke.

"I'm not sure. I haven't seen him before at the guild , but he could just be a new face that I missed." 

This made the bald man raised his head and look at the adventurer on the eyes with disdain. "Are you an idiot! If you were not sure then why didn't you ask him for his guild indetification token? Is it that hard to ask?"

"Ummm... no, I just forgot about it. Don't worry , I'll just go back and ask him again." said the embarrassed adventurer , but the bald man shook his head.

"It's better that we don't disturb the pot more than it is. If he really is part of  a powerful party we better just hold our heads down and be content with what we get.  Damnit....we even lost one of our men in this shit show." said the bald man as he saw Jason taking to his sister and the others, but when he saw him talking to Besia his eyes shone.

"Hey, that girl that he is talking to right now, isn't she Ramo's daughter?" said the bald man with a little excitement in his voice as he pointed to Besia.

"Uhhhh....I think she is? No, I'm sure that she is his daughter, but why are you asking.....

"Why are you asking he says. 

You idiot, if you can't get the information from him then asking her that seems to know him very well is definitely the answer. Now move your ass over there, and make some excuse to bring her to me so we can understand who we are up against."

"Yes sir...." answered the adventurer as she sheepeshly headed towards where Besia was and made the excuse of asking her about identifying the deceased and Besia agreed without hesitation. This of course didn't go unnoticed by Jason as he gave a sideways glance at the adventurer who avoided his gaze.

........

"You're Ramo's daughter right? " said the bald man as he looked up at Besia.

"Yes, I'm his daughter."

"Heh, I could definitely see the resemblance. You seem to be doing well.... well as good as one could be in this situation. Sorry, I have to ask you about helping us  identifying the bodies that were taken..... you can even get someone to help you. "

"No...I'm fine by myself, but I think it's going to take a while and it's better to ask the village head about this thing. He has the village record's so it should be easier than way." said Besia as she constantly looked to the side, where Jason was.

"That is a great idea, why didn't I think about it before? But, uh, can I ask you one more question?  That young man that you were just talking to, who is he?" 

"Fir, he...is a close friend of mine. Why do you ask?" 

"Oh, I was just curious. He seemed like a very capable young man." smilingly said the bald man." So ,tell me , is he a part of any party at the moment? If he isn't I would love be if he joined our party."

This made Besia think for a moment before answering the man ." He.... isn't and adventurer, he is a farmer. He has recently come to the city with his sister and is staying at our house at the moment."

"He, isn't an adventurer....." mumbled the bald man under his breath before regaining his senses.

"Haha, I got it. Thanks for your help and I'll be sure to talk to the village head about this later. Sorry to have disturbed you."

"No problem...." said Besia before she immediately headed back to where Jason was leaving the bald man confused.

' If he isn't an adventurer, then is he a porter? If so that makes sense, but where is his party? Shouldn't they be here by now?

This doesn't make sense!'

13