Outbreak 4
225 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Besia soon turned back to where Jason was and the first thing that he did, was ask her."Who is that guy, that adventurer? What did the want?"

This made Besia a little frustrated , but she still answered without a fuss."He wanted to know if I could identify the taken bodies, but I said to him that the village head would be of more use.  He also asked  about you......

"About me?" said Jason as he took a glance at the bald man and saw that he was also looking at him. " What did he ask about me? Did he want to know anything specific? 

What did you tell him?"

Besia noticed Jason's unease and thought twice before she answered as she understood that she may have made a mistake.

"No, he didn't ask anything specific, and I only told him that you were not from here and that you were a farmer. Did I say to much?"

"No." said Jason as he shook his head. " Nevermind about that for now, but please refrain from giving information about myself to people that I don't know. Can you do that?" said Jason with a little irritation , but that seemed to not sit well with Besia's grandmother who had been watching this entire time.

"You little, ungrateful little shit! How dare you speak to my granddaughter like that!? " yelled she as she caught Jason by the collar and stared angrily at his face. " Apologize immediately!"

"Apologize..." said Jason a little bewildered by the situation. He didn't expect something like this to happen, but to the back of his mind he realized that although this was a fantasy world, the people were not that different from Earth. The others around him also were surprised as they looked at the two of them with worry.

" Hmph....I don't know what is going on through your old brain at the moment, but I suggest that you get your.....

*Slap*

Jason didn't finish his words as he was suddenly slapped on his cheek. It took a second for him to understand what happened and for the stinging to come to him, but the worst was that his pride was wounded. He couldn't accept that he was just slapped by an old woman for something that he was in the wrong for, and clenched his first hard.

' This bitch! Who the hell does she think she is? If it wasn't for me, she would be a cold corpse laying on the ground by now!' angrily thought Jason and he clenched he fist harder and harder , until he couldn't anymore and finally calmed down. He grabbed her arms and easily freed himself before fixing his collar.

"We'll call that even, but I suggest that you don't try it again."

"Why you...

The woman raised her hand to try to hit Jason again , but he caught it in the air. He was very tempted to return the favor, but as he looked around, he saw that it was not the time or place so he released her.

"You really are a........ didn't I say to not try something like that again!?"

Jason sighed in resignation and accepted that he couldn't do anything right now. At the same time he thought about that, three men were approaching him slowly and the bald one on the middle was the one who asked Besia about him.

"Sorry for the disturbance , but I need to get some information from you, if you don't mind." said the bald man towards Jason who was still mad at what just happened.

"What do you want?!" 

"Uhh, we are the adventures that had taken the quest of protecting this village for the month. We are the Red Tip party, and I'm the leader of the party, Red." said the man before pointing to the andveturer that Jason spoke at first and then to a short, but hairy well built man who was holding a warhammer on his right hand and a small circular shield on his left. He was wearing a sleeveless gambeson and had a helmet on his head.

 " This one holding the spear is Jay, and the dwarf is called Amok. The two of them are part of my party. We also had an archer with us , but he unfortunately died while fighting those horrible undead creatures." said the man with as look of sorrow, but Jason didn't care at all. He just looked at the dwarf who was short, no taller than 160 cm, but because of his muscles he looked taller.

 The bald man on the other hand was tall and somewhat skinny, had a saber on his hip, wore chainmail and had a triangular shield strapped to his back.

"That so....

Well I'm sorry about your loss , but what do you want from me?"

"Well, we just wanted to know when the reinforcements would be coming. Those undead could be coming back at any moment, so we have to....

"There are no reinforcements coming."

"Uhhhh....." stuttered the bald man as he gave an akward smile . " What do you mean that there are no reinforcements coming? Didn't you say that reinforcements were coming?"

"I did." answered Jason calmly " But it was just a lie. No reinforcements are coming here to save us."

"But why....

"Why did I say that reinforcements were coming?" said Jason as he looked at the people around him who were now all quiet." When I came to the village entrance I noticed two skeletons guarding the gate so I went around until I noticed the fight. I wanted to immediately entered the fray, but I noticed that one of the zombies was staying back and it perplexed me. It was strange that they were not all attacking and then it dawned on me.

 The reason that there were two skeletons sentries at the gate and why a zombie was staying out of the fight was because of they were afraid of an attack. So, I took the chance and shouted about reinforcements coming , hoping that the zombie would understand me as it clearly was smart enough to think ahead.

On the worse case scenario, there would be a boost in morale making the fight a bit easier for 'us'." said Jason, putting emphasis on us.

"It can't be..." spoke the dwarf beside the bald man. His deep voice broke the deafening silence that had covered them." You, you , hahahahahaha.......

You managed to hoodwink a zombie commander with only a couple of word's?Kahahahahahaha....." the dwarf was laughing so hard that a little bit of spit flew and managed to hit Jason on the face, something he didn't appreciate.

"Kid, are you telling the truth? There really are no reinforcements?" asked the bald man once again as he didn't believe Jason's word's, but he go the same answer.

"No, three are no reinforcements. And what is this 'zombie commander' that the dwarf mentioned? "

"Hahaha...." wryly laughed the bald man as he shivered a little." A 'zombie commander' is an evolved type of zombie that is much stronger than a normal one. Besides it's endless stamina, human like intelligence, and skin that can hardly be penetrated by normal swords, he also has the ability to precisely control a horde of zombies. He is a monster that is easily at the level of a Swordsman or an Archer...which means that he could have killed all of us by himself.

Kid....are you really a farmer?"

Jason just nodded and answered calmly."You bet I'm a Farmer. Why do you ask?"

"Kuahahahaha.....

The dwarf just continued to laugh his ass of, while the bald man understood that it was not the time to idle by. The undead could come back at any moment, and if they found out that they were tricked , he didn't want to imagine the torture he would have to endure before he was ripped to shreds.

13