Outbreak 5
253 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bald man though about this for some time and came to the conclusion that getting out of here as soon as possible was the best decision for them.

'Tch, we have no other choice right now. In fact we should be thanking god that we are alive at this moment.' thought the bald man as he clapped his hands and yelled to get the attention of the people around him.

"Listen here people, as you may have heard a moment ago, there are no reinforcements coming here. If there are no reinforcements that means that I'd the undead return we will all certainly die a swift death.

The only way to survive.....is to leave the village." 

His last words were like a stake through the villagers hearts as they couldn't believe what they heard..

"Leave the village? Are you crazy! I can't leave behind my house, my my..... they took my sons. Those bastards took my sons away from me!

Even if I have to die ,I'll take one of them with me." exclaimed a man in his fifties who had been balling his eyes out until now. This made the bald man frown as he looked at the resolved faces of the villagers, but was surprised when he saw that there were left no more than six men in the village beside him. The other villagers were either children, women and old people.

' I didn't realize that so many people had died. I thought that fifteen would have been a good estimate, but it seems that at least 25 have died, at least 15 grown men.  With these numbers we can't even kill 20 goblins, let alone at least 50 undead with a 'zombie commander' leading them!'

" Yeah, we defended the village once we can defend it again. If it wasn't because they sneak attacked us, we would have killed them." yelled a buff young villager who had managed to kill two zombies in the previous scrimmish. Because of that he had gained some confidence and was ready to go again.

"Yeah, we can't let those dirty corpses defile our land! Well kill them all!"

"Yaaaaaaaaa.....

All the villagers exploded in cheering loudly, making the dwarf shake his head, and Jason and Red frown. They understood that protecting the village was not a visible option, but the villagers blinded by their anger and sorrow couldn't think straight.

"Hey ,HEY listen here! " yelled the bald man" If you decide to stay behind, my party will not protect you. We will immediately head to the city without hesitation, so I suggest you follow us. 

I will repeat it again, if you decide to stay behind, my party will not stay to protect you!"

This statement immediately cooled off the villagers as they understood that if some adventures were not with them, then fighting would be useless.

 One of the remaining men went forward and kneeled down in front of the bald man. "Please, we beg you. If you don't join us we will all loose our homes, our land.... 

We have already lost our families to those undead, so at least help us keep our village. Without it we will only be homeless people begging for food on the city until we die one day from a disease or hunger. At least, if we defended the village we have have hope.

We will pay everything we have. Please help us!"

The bald  man saw the hopefully faces of the villagers around him and  clicked his tongue in irritation before  speaking coldly.

"You.... will definitely die here, I can promise you that. No amount of money will make me throw my life away."

"But,but...

"No buts! I won't die in vain, following the dream of some delusional villagers. "

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

Suddenly someone started clapping making the situation a little awkward.

"Bravo, I wouldn't have said it better myself." spoke Jason with a little smile on his face, but he didn't look happy at all. In fact he looked pissed at the conversation that was going on. This made the villagers stare at him and Jason could feel the judging eyes.

"What, am I not allowed to have an opinion?" sarcastically said Jason as he crossed his hands in front of him. This didn't seem to sit well with the young villager from before as he rushed forward and got into Jason's face.

"You better shut your mouth! You're not even a part of this village and you dare to speak up?  Where were you when we were beeing slaughtered, huh? I bet you were hiding somewhere in the bushes, shaking In your boots. While I, on the other had was risking my life protecting the villagers.

Huh, why aren't you speaking?" smugly said the young villager.

Jason was a little angry at the yelling man in front of him, but even more he regretted that he even spoke up against his better judgment. He collected his thoughts and decided to respond in a way that would be befitting for a 21st century Earth man.

"Look, I didn't say that you didn't protect the village or something, but you surely didn't do a good job I can tell you that. What was the number of people that died, around 20 people?If so, then tell me, how many more people have to die to curb your ego. 10, 20, 30....how many children will have to be shredded to pieces before you understand your stupidity?

If you can answer me that, I'll gladly help you protect the village."

"Hmph, the words of a coward..... you're only a little coward!" said with disdain the young man, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on Jason .

"Coward?" laughingly said Jason" Well, I may as well be a coward, but I at least will be alive at the end of the day, won't I? On the other hand, you and all the other villagers  that choose to stay behind will be nothing more severed limbs on the ground, food for mice for sure.

Tell me now, how does it feel to be so stupid?"

"Gaahhh...

The young man lost it and tried to puch Jason, but before he could strike someone kicked him on the back of the knee and brought him down on the ground. It was the dwarf who didn't seem pleased with what just happened.

"Kid, I unfortunately have to agree with you. You're welcome to come with us if you'd like to, but it's better to hurry up." said the dwarf as he eyed the dawned young man.

"Sure, it'll just take me ten minutes." said Jason before he sent Veina to take the little belongings he had from the house. Unsurprising Besia, her mother and grandmother also headed in the same direction. Seeing this made the villagers waver and finally cave in as they also headed towards their houses to salvage what they could before leaving.

"Kid, are you sure you're a farmer?"  the spear holding adventurer quietly asked Jason who just looked in the distance, towards the direction the zombies had retreated to.

"Yes, I'm a Farmer, what's so surprising about that? " questioned Jason while thinking about what was going on for something like this to happen.

12