Hunter 3
143 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason crouched down and waited for the goblins to come back,and they fortunately came back. The two of them triumphantly came back the same way they went.

"Kiia...

"Kikkik....ma...

The two of them seemed to be happily chatting with each other as the one with the blowpipe was holding the bird by its legs. They leisurely moved past the anthill and moved back behind one of the big trees, and into a bush. 

This was all clearly see by Jason and the fox who still had their element of surprise, and they intended to use it. They slowly circled around the goblins  taking about 2 minutes, and they finally arrived right behind them, Jason got ready to draw his bow. He took a couple of breaths and was about to give the fox the signal for it to distract them, when he decided to change his target.

' The goblin with the blowpipe is dangerous at long to mid-range, but if it's a sneak attack it will not have the time to prepare. It's better that I take out the one with the shield and spear.' thought Jason with a smile.

And so , Jason finally decided on his target , stretched his muscles drawing the bow with little effort, and shoot. 

*Creeee....

The sound of the bowstring caught the attention of the goblins who were about 10m away from Jason, but it was to late. The arrow hit the shield goblin on the back, and the goblin fell forward with a scream.

"Kiaaaaaak....

It's companion was surprised as he saw the arrow sticking out of the goblins back and instinctually turned back, only to be hit on the forehead. The sound the arrow hitting it's wooden mask was clearly heard and  the goblin was hit. It's eyes opened wide as it fell on its back.

"Huuuu..... that was fun." quietly said Jason to the fox who just showed it's teeth at him. It looked like it was laughing, making Jason remembered about this morning.

(It's escaping....the goblin.....

"Huh...

Jason was confused by the foxes words at first, but soon a look of realization came over him as he turned around and beside the wounded , almost dead goblin on the ground, there was no one. The one that had been hit in the mask was escaping.

"Fuck....

Immediately Jason went running after it, but problems came one after the other. As he moved fast through the forest all the arrows that he had in his holster fell on the ground, making him cringe at the sound of them, but he didn't stop following the goblin.

' I'm going to.....ngggggg....

Jason gritted his teeth as he almost caught up with the goblin, and when he was about a half a meter away from him , he wacked it over the head with his bow. 

"Kwaakk....

The goblin fell on the ground in pain, tried to get back up, but Jason just stepped on his back with all his weight  It struggled to get up making Jason also struggle to keep him down as he tried to draw his short sword, which he finally did. 

"Hupp....

With a precise downward strike he pierced the goblins back, the sword completely passing through it's fragile body, but even after that the goblin struggled for two more seconds before it finally died.

Jason let out a long breath as he looked at the dead goblin. He was felt angry, somewhat said but also happy at the same time. It was a strange feeling which slowly went away as he remembered he had another goblin to kill , so he headed back. When he did, he saw the fox standing near the body of the other goblin who was also dead. 

"Is it dead?" said Jason as he stared to feel the soul wrenching heat if the jungle once again. His chase was showing its drawbacks.

( It's dead, and I didn't kill him if you're wondering. He just died from blood loss. So, did you get the other one?) said the fox as it turned it's head at the direction Jason came from.

"Yeah, I killed him....." said Jason at the fox , but frowned at the words he had just spoken. It was like killing was such a mundane thing for him now. He crouched down, removed the goblins mask and reveling it's bloody face. Blood had poured out of its mouth and nose , and it also seemed to have cried as it's end drew near.

' Maybe just being a normal farmer is not that bad. It may not be that lucrative, but at least I'll not end up as this goblin.' thought Jason as just removed the arrow from the goblins back. It was a little dirty, but he just wiped it on the goblins grass skirt and as he did that he discovered something. In the goblins grass skirt were three white sacks  that contained something. Jason was curious at that and pocked one if them and it burst open, releasing it's contents.

"Water..." said Jason in surprise as the water was quickly absorbed by the ground and he remembered what the elf said.

' So they are using the ' 'Vinescale Snake's' water holding sack as a portable bottle. It's something....... that I can't put my finger on.' thought Jason as he didn't know what to make with this. The elf seemed to have told him some not that useful information about the  ' 'Vinescale Snake' , but now that he thought about it again, he somewhat understood.

' For me to hunt them, I'll need to know about their habits. If I know that I'll be able to predict their behavior and movement....and finally kill them. Heh, who would have thought that I would become like this....'

As Jason though about that the fox transferred some of it's spiritual energy to Jason as he was beginning run out. It was very subtle that Jason didn't notice anything beside his thoughts becoming clearer.

.................

At the same time , outside the dungeon and deep into the forest a woman with her eyes closed stayed in the darkness of a cave. She was quietly  sitting down on the cold stone floor of the cave thinking about something, until something caught her attention.

"Mmmmm....

She smiled in delight as her eyes opened wide , reveling two shining red eyes. These eyes were the only thing seen on the cave until a soft light was seen approaching slowly in the distance. The light came closer and closer , until the woman finally saw who it was and smiled even more. 

"Lady Hass, I've returned with good news." said the a figure completely clothed in dark blue clothing, only his black eyes visible. He held the lantern on his hand, trying to dispell the darkness in front of him, but not as far as to clearly see the woman in front of him. Her red eyes making his soul shiver.

"Haha..... that is music to my ears. I was really getting bored waiting here...." said the woman as she got up, something clanking as she did. She took a step forward making the man holding the lantern flinch a little as he saw that she towered over him.

"You have something for me?" said the woman in a playful voice , but it was completely different for the man. He immediately remembered what happened to his peers who didn't get the hint and immediately went on his knees.

"Yes, your Ladyship, I've been ordered to deliver something to you." 

"Mmmmm mmmm....give it to me, I can't wait......

"Of..of course...." said the man as he hurriedly brought out two twisted dagger's, about 20  long and completely black. They were quality pieces by the looks of it, but the aura they radiated would make anyone back of. 

The woman didn't seem to mind though as she reached her hand over making the man close his eyes in fear, but he was relieved when the only thing that happened was that she took the daggers.

"Good, it seems that the plan is still on its course and the Empire doesn't suspect anything. Well,  I don't blame them for not expecting something like this...." said the woman as she admired the daggers for a while , but she soon got bored and turned to look at the kneeling man again.

"How about the new recruit's?  Has any of them reached level ten in the last day? "

"Yes, your Ladyship. Two of them have reached level ten and are only a silver away from becoming ' Necromancer's'. The others are very quickly advancing in their level and skills, so even though they are still 'Mages' they have raised at least two levels.

It's all because of all the zombies your Ladyship turned and gave to them....." hurriedly said the man, before releasing a quiet sigh.

"Mmmmmmm...... you are right, but you should tell them that if they don't meet my expectations...I'll personally kill them! The Dark Church doesn't need weak people on its ranks, so failure isn't an option."

"Certainly! " said the man, almost yelling, his hands sweaty.

"Mhmmm, you may go now." said the woman as she just went back and sat down with her eyes closed, and the man slowly got up , backing away until he was not seen anymore.

 After he left the cave gained it's deathly silence once again .

7