Experiment 1
152 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Jason killed the two goblins he waited at the anthill to see if any more of them would be coming , but he was disappointed. Even after waiting for more than 20 minutes he hadn't seen even a single shadow , but boredom was not always bad.

During the time he waited, he begun to closely see the behavior of the ants and couldn't help but notice that they were pooling towards the dead goblin. They had formed neat rows and began to tear the body bit by bit before they brought it to their hill. It was fascinating to see them in action and he fantasized about being a class that could control insect's.

' Man , imagine the havock I can cause if I could control them. With their sheer number I could kill monsters with ease, but I had to be a Farmer! How the fuck can I farm when I don't have a land to work and sow?

What am I supposed to do besides killing monsters?'

A couple more minutes passed during which Jason's face become more and confused. He looked like he was thinking of something important making even the fox surprised.

(What the hell is this human thinking so hard about? It looks like it's something important.) thought the fox as it continued to watch Jason. It did that until it felt it's spiritual energy falling to less than 50 , so it nudged Jason on the leg.

"What is it?!" said Jason in a annoyed tone as he turned around.

(My spirit energy is running low, so it's time that we leave. If we stay longer it'll be a problem.)

"Ah...I forgot about that. Still, I seem to feel fine even after all this while, even though my spirit is only 5." said Jason as he stood up and stretched his body.

(Heh, of course you feel fine. I've been transferring you my spiritual energy sice some time ago, and keeping you fresh. If I didn't do that, you would be unconscious right now.) 

Jason looked at the smug face of the fox , but nothing could ruin his happiness right now. He just laughed at the fox and he went back , following the signs he had carved on the tree. It took him only a couple of minutes for him to reach the gate as he didn't intend to hide his presence at all.

      Do you want to exit ' The Great Forest of Isa'?           
        Yes.         No.

Jason selected yes and he disappeared into the gate and came out into the real world.

........... 

After he and the fox came out they waited for the elf who came out only ten seconds later. She didn't look tired or sweaty at all I'm comparison to Jason's who was like he had taken a dip.

"You seem to be glad  with your accomplishments." calmly said the elf as she looked at Jason who was smiling " Well, you didn't do bad, but you didn't do well either, especially after you killed those two goblins."

This made Jason frown, but he still didn't lose his smile as he was to happy at the thoughts that rushed through his mind.

"You didn't cover your tracks after you killed them which could result on a sneak attack on you, and you even completely let your guard down when you returned. That is unacceptable as you'll definitely die from that someday. 

There are many other things that you should fix , but those are the most crucial."

This finally made Jason loose his smile as he decided to ask something he had been dying to ask for quite a while.

"I understand , and I'll keep that in mind, but can I ask you about something?"

"What is it?" replied the elf without missing a beat.

" I wanted to ask something about adventures. It seems that there is a big number of them, but something seems to bother me....the survival rate. I would guess that a level 1,2 or 3 combat Class is not drastically stronger than a non combat Class.  If so, then how do these people fare against monsters?"

"......

The elf seemed surprised at this question as it was something she didn't expect, but she still decided to answer.

"I don't quite follow your question, but I guess their abilities wouldn't be that fast of if they faced against a monster." slowly said the elf as she slightly furrowed her eyebrows.

"I guessed that much." said Jason quietly, but the elf heard him clearly. " Then, can you tell me , out of 100 people who have acquired their combat Class, how many of them are still alive after one year, or five years? You can tell me that right?"

"This....I do not know, but I would guess that after five years 30/100 would dead  and another 30/100 would be either retired by choice or because they sustained wounds that make it impossible to fight anymore. This is only my thoughts though and not exact information." said the elf as she seemed to still be thinking about Jason's question. He on the other hand , just smiled at the elf's words.

' Hah hah, I shouldn't be surprised at all. It's only normal that something like that would happen when your profession is fighting. A fantasy world full of magic this may be, but it's much brutal than 21st century Earth. 

Well, fuck adventuring, I'll just stick to beeing a farmer.' thought Jason as he still though about his idea.

' It's  kind of stupid, but it just might work.'

.................

Jason exchanged some more words  with the elf before he was excused and went on his merry way. He headed back to the treehouse , but not before he ordered the fox to cach a rabbit along the way.

The fox of course refused at first , but Jason promised it he would tell him something exciting  if he did, and so the fox obliged. It reluctantly caught the rabbit and Jason brought it home for it to become their lunch, but he didn't stay at the house for much though as he excitedly left to look for something.

He walked for sometime, until his eyes caught something on the ground. It looked as if he had found gold, but the fox saw nothing to be excited about, so it was visibly upset.

( Hey, you didn't lie to me did you? I don't see anything here but trees, grass and earth.)

"Hahaha, such a small imagination my furry friend. " said Jason as he squatted down with such a loving expression that it unnerved the fox." If you are focused on the tree , you miss the forest, and also if you're focused on the tree you can also miss the fruit."

(What? What the hell are you talking about?! Is this some human way of speaking?

I don't understand.....) said the fox quite baffled  by Jason's word's. He on the other hand was watching the ground intently, or so it seemed. In fact he was watching a small black ant carrying a leaf on its back , transporting it diligently to it's nest. It made  Jason's heart warm and fuzzy when he saw that.

'Hehehe, such a cute creature you are.....so cute and farmable. Hehehehehe....hahahahaha....

7